Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Did I fuck up or do these just suck?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9633.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	362335

I’ve got a couple pairs of Winter C zone pros. Mostly just use them around the house for snow shoveling, walking the dog etc. I found them on EBay. I just looked and I picked them up on December 18 2018 two pairs shipped for $25.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Did I fuck up or do these just suck?

For reference- to said legendary gloves from the hardware store that were super-boosted by acid.

Not my pic. But circa 1997. Rowdy years.

Forgot about the flannel.

I think the skis were Rossignol 10ex. Kind of a blur. Those few years were all acid and/or shrooms. Weekly. Tahoe.

Don’t tell mom.

This era is where the term Gripped or Puckered entered my lexicon.

I can distinctly recall my partner saying— “Just fucking puckered right now.” And then I laughed because it was true. Hanging on that wall high as fuck with no protection greater than leather gloves.

Name:	Image1613046354.526851.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	182.9 KB 
ID:	362341
    Last edited by gaijin; 02-11-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Framing this and mounting it in my office as motivation for when things seem difficult.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

i copped a pair of work gloves from BD. like $40 i think. almost dexterous as fuck. i use em bumping lifts everyday and they have held up well. nikwax coating and they are nice and waterproof.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    Framing this and mounting it in my office as motivation for when things seem difficult.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Haha, worth reading this thread after all

As per every time this is discussed, the end to the search for a dexterous, durable, affordable glove made for skiing and accomplishing various tasks in winter, and produced by some decent folks, is Free the Powder.

I’d been trashing high-end gloves all my adult life, and in case it’s not completely clear, these are better: FTP use a pattern that actually matches a human hand (unlike most work gloves, and half the OR range), use a grade of leather and quality of stitching that doesn’t wear through in a matter of days or weeks, that actually absorbs enough wax to stay dry longer than a couple of days, and have a leather reinforcement patch large enough, strong enough, and located in a skiing specific location so that full-time skiers can actually get a few seasons out of them.

They’re always reasonably priced, plus they’re on sale right now:

https://www.freethepowder.com/products/bc-glove

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa5446 View Post
    I hear Pfizer and the Grateful Dead are working on a colab

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm there.

Name:	gucci.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	362365

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Who are some of you people?
    what do you mean "you people"?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Sno-seal will be more waterproof but it hardens the leather significantly (like a wax coating).

I’ve been using the same cup of mink oil for 20 years on gloves and leather jackets (back when I had them). It keeps the leather supple and protects it. Just remember - a little dab will do ya.
    I wouldn't say Sno-seal hardens anything (huh huh).
    Put the oven on as low as it goes and bake for a few minutes. Maybe even 15 minutes? That seems to keep things very soft, or at least not harden them.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

^^SnoSeal...put in oven on lowest setting....10-12 minutes.....good to go. I do this to all my FTP gloves at beginning of year.....

Works on everything from Kincos to Hestras ime.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    As per every time this is discussed, the end to the search for a dexterous, durable, affordable glove made for skiing and accomplishing various tasks in winter, and produced by some decent folks, is Free the Powder.

I’d been trashing high-end gloves all my adult life, and in case it’s not completely clear, these are better: FTP use a pattern that actually matches a human hand (unlike most work gloves, and half the OR range), use a grade of leather and quality of stitching that doesn’t wear through in a matter of days or weeks, that actually absorbs enough wax to stay dry longer than a couple of days, and have a leather reinforcement patch large enough, strong enough, and located in a skiing specific location so that full-time skiers can actually get a few seasons out of them.

They’re always reasonably priced, plus they’re on sale right now:

https://www.freethepowder.com/products/bc-glove
    ^^^ QFT ^^^
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They're made out of cheap, dry Chinese leather that they use to make the $999 no-interest for a year sectional sofas at Bob's Discount Furniture. No amount of sno-seal or oil will make those right. Keep them for carrying wood into the house for the fireplace.
    Same sofa you get for free if the Astros win the World Series

Quote Originally Posted by French Pizza View Post
    Same sofa you get for free if the Astros win the World Series

You are still here? Get your jig yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    You are still here? Get your jig yet?
    An overload of them. Triples of everything.

Free the powder gloves as back ups, sealed the OR gloves with the hestra stuff + light heat. Already had 6 stellar pow days to fuck them up again, guess I’ll keep resealing until I actually rip a hole in em which I don’t think will be long.

Thanks for teaching a jong in the art of leather care.

I’m am a people, it’s true.

I realized that I was Sno-sealing everything those years. Those hardware store gloves likely had a healthy dose, too.

Maybe that’s what made them sticky to the hand holds they carved out.

Quote Originally Posted by dub_xion View Post
    Hestra Job (what a name) Kobolt CZone Winter FTW and $30. Or splurge and get all-leather and outseams on the fingers for $10 more Winter CZone Pro. I'm certain they don't do one in a knit wrist b/c they'd lose 50% of their ski glove sales. I think essentially the same price and durability as Kinco models but more dexterous and with a w/b membrane.
    I have a pair of the Kobolt CZone Hestra Job gloves and they fell apart in less than one year of moderate use. I've stitched them back together a few times and still use em but I wouldn't buy again...