Salomon S-Lab Shift 13 New 120mm $470US delivered

Hi,

Quiver changing.... bought these Shifts new in Fall 2020. I mounted them onto some Atomic skis and then took them off. They were never skied. No box.

I have some other 120mm skis I could use them on so price is firmish, listed at what I paid (less shipping and taxes).

FS: Salomon Shift 13 Bindings, 120mm brake. $469US delivered anywhere in USA or Canada

PM me your email and address and I will send a Paypal payment request. Shipping from Canada via Canada Post > USPS can take 7 - 10 days.

Thanks,

Keith
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_9558.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	459.1 KB 
ID:	362090

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_9557.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	332.9 KB 
ID:	362091

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_9556.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	375.3 KB 
ID:	362092
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-10-2021 at 12:36 AM.

You sure sell a lot of gear that you mount up and never ski.

Keith is a good man. Don’t you be questioning his gear consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    You sure sell a lot of gear that you mount up and never ski.
    You’re quite observant.

Agreed.

Point?

Rant on.

I bought a shit ton of cheap gear in Covid sales. Tried some of it for just a few days and even sold some of it before trying it. I also ski a lot of gear that I buy. Ya wanna hear about that?

I am pretty close with a couple of good shops and they give me deals (or they used to before the Covid buying frenzy).

Eg I bought 4 pairs of metal pivot 18s they had laying around for $199US per about 5 years ago. Put em on approx 4 pairs of skis each over about the 5 years and I just sold a couple of the pivots for $225CDN per. Cause I took care of them and they’re Pivots. They don’t deteriorate. That’s like $5/year rental on Pivot 18 bindings?

Same shop sold me 2020 QST 106s for $499CDN in July when no one thought we would ski. I knew the QST 106 top sheet wasn’t changing for 2021. And it’s a good ski = low resale risk. I skied em 5 days and sold them for $479CDN. I’m out $60 with taxes.

Demos would have been $40 day for the 5 days. So that would have cost me $200. So I’m actually economically up $140 ($200 - $60 = 140 not spent?)

I don’t care. It’s just math. It’s a game. And I’m a master at justifying $2,000 annually on gear. I’m a CPA for chrissakes.

Do you need to hear that I make a decent income and have no mortgage? So “wasting” a few thousand dollars a year on good gear is not causing me financial hardship? It’s a super fun hobby.

And ya I lose a bit of money but so what? Typically, I sell good gear at good prices and maybe it goes to someone younger on here who can’t quite afford new? But who still wants good stuff. That makes me happy.

Why do I sell so quick sometimes? Cause likely I have bought something else I want to try more. Cause I would rather lose $150 on a pair of skis...and then know for sure that I don’t want to own them again. That’s intel. You can’t get that on here or by reading Blister.

Again it’s a hobby.

Hobbies cost money.

People pay $100 per day to golf x 10 days = $1,000. But they shit if you buy skis for $500 and ski them for 10 days and then sell them for $300. Again in my mind I’m up $800....as I’m out only $200 ($500 -$300 = $200) versus the golfer who paid $1,000? I know that I get as much joy from researching, feeling, mounting, skiing, analyzing new skis....as does someone playing a new golf course?

I feel kinda sad for people that keep skiing skis they don’t click with (pun intended) and simply won’t sell them at a loss to try something different, cause they are stubborn/cheap/stupid? (Note...if you’re young, and can only afford 1 pair you’re excluded).

Rant off.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-10-2021 at 12:59 AM.

At least bindings cant be too short for the rest of us to buy.
    I made a short joke about your wife's EHPs last week, but that joke went right over your head...

Other options from da webz

Name:	Image1612936718.918492.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	332.9 KB 
ID:	362158

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    At least bindings cant be too short for the rest of us to buy.
    I made a short joke about your wife's EHPs last week, but that joke went right over your head...
    Haha. Nice one.

Must be frustrating that I’m always selling 179-181cm.

Re Shift pricing....these are new. But I guess there are deals out there.

Make me an offer....or not. Got some K2 Catamarans these would look good on.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-10-2021 at 01:01 AM.

Bump as heading to fleabay!

New 120m Shifts, no box

$399US delivered in USA.

$470CDN local pick up in North Vancouver or Whistler, BC.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-19-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    You’re quite observant.

Agreed.

Point?

Rant on.

I bought a shit ton of cheap gear in Covid sales. Tried some of it for just a few days and even sold some of it before trying it. I also ski a lot of gear that I buy. Ya wanna hear about that?

I am pretty close with a couple of good shops and they give me deals (or they used to before the Covid buying frenzy).

Eg I bought 4 pairs of metal pivot 18s they had laying around for $199US per about 5 years ago. Put em on approx 4 pairs of skis each over about the 5 years and I just sold a couple of the pivots for $225CDN per. Cause I took care of them and they’re Pivots. They don’t deteriorate. That’s like $5/year rental on Pivot 18 bindings?

Same shop sold me 2020 QST 106s for $499CDN in July when no one thought we would ski. I knew the QST 106 top sheet wasn’t changing for 2021. And it’s a good ski = low resale risk. I skied em 5 days and sold them for $479CDN. I’m out $60 with taxes.

Demos would have been $40 day for the 5 days. So that would have cost me $200. So I’m actually economically up $140 ($200 - $60 = 140 not spent?)

I don’t care. It’s just math. It’s a game. And I’m a master at justifying $2,000 annually on gear. I’m a CPA for chrissakes.

Do you need to hear that I make a decent income and have no mortgage? So “wasting” a few thousand dollars a year on good gear is not causing me financial hardship? It’s a super fun hobby.

And ya I lose a bit of money but so what? Typically, I sell good gear at good prices and maybe it goes to someone younger on here who can’t quite afford new? But who still wants good stuff. That makes me happy.

Why do I sell so quick sometimes? Cause likely I have bought something else I want to try more. Cause I would rather lose $150 on a pair of skis...and then know for sure that I don’t want to own them again. That’s intel. You can’t get that on here or by reading Blister.

Again it’s a hobby.

Hobbies cost money.

People pay $100 per day to golf x 10 days = $1,000. But they shit if you buy skis for $500 and ski them for 10 days and then sell them for $300. Again in my mind I’m up $800....as I’m out only $200 ($500 -$300 = $200) versus the golfer who paid $1,000? I know that I get as much joy from researching, feeling, mounting, skiing, analyzing new skis....as does someone playing a new golf course?

I feel kinda sad for people that keep skiing skis they don’t click with (pun intended) and simply won’t sell them at a loss to try something different, cause they are stubborn/cheap/stupid? (Note...if you’re young, and can only afford 1 pair you’re excluded).

Rant off.
    No idea why I'm in a thread for shifts, but it was well worth it for this rant. PREACH

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    No idea why I'm in a thread for shifts, but it was well worth it for this rant. PREACH
    Agreed. Solid justification. Once ur in for stock in the quiver moving shit around is easy.

Mountain biking is similar. Epic entry fee but then the flips and trade ups are way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoepa View Post
    Agreed. Solid justification. Once ur in for stock in the quiver moving shit around is easy.

Mountain biking is similar. Epic entry fee but then the flips and trade ups are way easier.

I keep all my gear $$ in Venmo/ PayPal. Sell something, buy something. It’s a recycling program.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I keep all my gear $$ in Venmo/ PayPal. Sell something, buy something. It’s a recycling program.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    That’s a good call. Keeps u honest. I lose track and I’m sure I end up in the red most years but it’s all good. Small prices to pay for the fun.

SOLD

And it's good to keep track of every dollar in and out....I have my credit card and bank linked to Quickbooks Online. Or if the $ stay in my PayPal account it's "off books".

At the end of each year my "gear expense, net of sales" account is <$3,000 CDN. That's my limit. That amount works for me as I can move in and out of a ton of gear.

Now the entry fee is a bit epic....

Yesterday I skied new Blizzard Rustlers in the am, and new Ripsticks in the afternoon....most people never experience that.

KC
    Last edited by kc_7777; 02-21-2021 at 10:32 AM.