park city realtor

any mags know a good park city realtor they can recommend me?

i'm very curious about some reasonably affordable lots i see in the summit park area, and i just want to know what i'm missing here. would love to move up that way, especially now that i learned that ogden is NOT getting a pretty bird.

thanks in advance!

One thing on those summit park lots is the cost of building on the side of a hill. big retaining walls or such is required, from what I've see while up there.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

While they are a dime a dozen Nancy Tallman At Sothebys and Matt Mullen at Berkshire Hathaway Are both good
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    One thing on those summit park lots is the cost of building on the side of a hill. big retaining walls or such is required, from what I've see while up there.
    yeah there looks like there is at least one flat lot remaining, maybe a few more, but that's a super good point, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    While they are a dime a dozen Nancy Tallman At Sothebys and Matt Mullen at Berkshire Hathaway Are both good
    thanks, this is what i need

just trying to figure out what's possible here

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Unless you have a time machine cheap land in Summit Park simply must come with a catch, probably a BIG catch, or more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Unless you have a time machine cheap land in Summit Park simply must come with a catch, probably a BIG catch, or more than one.
    yeah, makes sense. lot prices are comparable to lots elsewhere in the valley, but i can see there being some seriously wrong things with those lots.

looking to build a place together with our folks in retirement, and it seemed worthwhile to at least explore that option.

Holy shit, a quick look verifies land in Utah has gone full retard. Half a mill for a quarter acre McMansion lot in Heber? Seems a bit steep to me.

Haha no pretty bird, no O town!

I’ve been pretty shocked at the jackage of lot prices in my hood here in big cottonwood. Inventory down prices up! I recently tried to buy my neighbors lot at my stretchiest price when he put it up and he rightfully laughed at my offer and sold it for 140k more. That and $300+ per foot to build and you’re talkin some serious bank. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Haha no pretty bird, no O town!

I’ve been pretty shocked at the jackage of lot prices in my hood here in big cottonwood. Inventory down prices up! I recently tried to buy my neighbors lot at my stretchiest price when he put it up and he rightfully laughed at my offer and sold it for 140k more. That and $300+ per foot to build and you’re talkin some serious bank. Meh.
    yeah we just had some friends buy up in mill d south neighborhood

they thought they were getting the deal of the century, at the very top of their budget but they only realized after moving in that their graywater and blackwater all feed to the same super small septic system designed for use a couple weeks out of the year

WELP.

There's no downside to asking, but expect to be disappointed. I knew the guy who built the concrete box-looking house on the east side of Wasatch Blvd just north of the La Caille light. The house is a big concrete box because it literally sits on the Wasatch Fault. He bought the lot for $10,000 because people had tried and failed to get a building permit for years. Even at the time that was stupid cheap. He's a structural engineer though and managed to pull it off. I assume the "Driveway to Nowhere" lot to the north is a similar story.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

they thought they were getting the deal of the century, at the very top of their budget but they only realized after moving in that their graywater and blackwater all feed to the same super small septic system designed for use a couple weeks out of the year

WELP.
    That's going to leave a mark. Ouch.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    My hudgeflyfisherman bro lumpy is a Draper dirt pimp
    I'll text ya his digits
    Don't pay pc prices
    But if shindlers says those others are good
    They don't suck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

WELP.
    Yep that is a common occurrence up here. People jump the gun and don’t realize all the implications of the watershed and they end up paying through the nose to comply and be able to inhabit their dwelling.

The FCOZ process is tedious, expensive and lengthy. If your friends need some help navigating that, my friend who lives down in Cardiff does consulting for this exact thing and I can refer.

All things considered, they now own a lot down there in a great neighborhood and that particular problem is not insurmountable as far as I know. They will just need to run through architecture and approvals for a new system which, to be honest, will be far better than any system they have had installed long ago.

We routinely have people systems freezing up here, I think there were probably 10 in the neighborhood this winter so far that Have had an issue with frozen gray water, black water or incoming culinary water. It’s an ugly situation especially in the deep cold winter on a low snow year.

Hell my cabin was built in 1982, has a full concrete foundation and I’ve had a couple issues over the years with this. at this point I am pretty much afraid to go away for any length of time during the winter without having a caretaker running water and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I'll text ya his digits
    Don't pay pc prices
    They don't suck
    Lumpy, old school mag and great camping partner. Also, good with dogs.

Also, back before I left Utardia 15 years back I looked at property in and around Heber and thought it was crazy overpriced then..

Of course now I own a home in Fairfield county so my logic is fkd

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I'll text ya his digits
    Don't pay pc prices
    They don't suck
    He really is great! He sold my old home on the west side and found us our new home in Sandy.
    He is extremely good at the game and is extremely knowledgeable.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    The FCOZ process is tedious, expensive and lengthy. If your friends need some help navigating that, my friend who lives down in Cardiff does consulting for this exact thing and I can refer
    Buddy of mine is finishing a new home build in LCC. Tedious, expensive and lengthy are words he was using early on in the approval process. It got considerably more crass after a while. The stories he told me are edifying. It's not stopping me from dreaming about a MillD lot but I'm an idiot.

TGapp, the lots left in Slummit Park that are reasonably priced would be great to build climbing walls but not much else.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Sounds like you already figured out that excavation and engineering is the issue. I looked at doing this ~5 years ago and quickly learned I'd be looking at 6 figures in excavation, retaining wall, and what not. And of course at the time any house up there seemed totally out of reach, but now those prices would be a damn bargain.

I figure you control the costs once you get to the subfloor. Before that, the lot, the HOA and the utilities drive the price. With this logic, I wouldn't build on some lots if you gave them to me for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I figure you control the costs once you get to the subfloor. Before that, the lot, the HOA and the utilities drive the price.
    I'm using that

I have a couple I know if you want to PM

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Too bad Harry isn't around anymore. That would have been a fun afternoon.

https://www.deseret.com/2006/12/24/1...lar-of-society