Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Park City info

Quote Originally Posted by HammySlapwagons View Post
    Monitors still completely untracked....but I'd imagine that's for good reason. Anyone know if square top still has a PWL issue even after it was controlled after the accident?
    Are you that starved for powder that you're willing to risk it? That's one of the deadiest spots in the Wasatch and the UAC continues to urge caution on the PC ridgeline. Look at the number of avalanche deaths in the west this year. You aren't going to "outthink" this snowpack.

Monitors still completely untracked....but I'd imagine that's for good reason. Anyone know if square top still has a PWL issue even after it was controlled after the accident?
    I'm gonna go with yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DLD in UT View Post
    Are you that starved for powder that you're willing to risk it? That's one of the deadiest spots in the Wasatch and the UAC continues to urge caution on the PC ridgeline. Look at the number of avalanche deaths in the west this year. You aren't going to "outthink" this snowpack.
    Relax and get off your high horse.

Both the Monitors and Squaretop have gone wall to wall early in the last cycle. Check the avi page for timing and possible photos.
    PC ridges got half as much snow but, concern is wind drifting. Not a bad idea to go for a look and see. Sun warming is also an issue this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post
    Both the Monitors and Squaretop have gone wall to wall early in the last cycle. Check the avi page for timing and possible photos.
    PC ridges got half as much snow but, concern is wind drifting. Not a bad idea to go for a look and see. Sun warming is also an issue this time of year.
    Yeah I was keeping tabs on the monitors pretty frequently. They've been sliding way too much for me to consider skiing them. I think the slide below was one of the ones your referring to? Happened about a week ago.

West Monitor. Squaretop went about the same time and would be my last choice.

Relax and get off your high horse.
    You asked for info. I gave you what I thought was relevant info. Not a high horse. If you disagree, that's your prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Roll Tide!
    No. Absolutely not. Stop it.

Enjoyed the last few days skiing Snowbasin and Park City with Bandit Jr. We found conditions to be better than expected,snow to be on the heavier side for the Wasatch but less dense than the Cascades, which felt good to us. We got to ski in the sun a few days, which is a rare occasion for us! We were also reminded that hiking nearly 10k foot ridges to get to the goods takes a lot out of us who live at 400’ above sea level. Thanks for accommodating a few “Epic Tourists”.

Next time perhaps things will work out better for some LCC action.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613924023.767871.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	235.6 KB 
ID:	364105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613924036.999071.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	364106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613924055.441422.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	364107
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

I’m actually delighted to hear when people come to PC and enjoy it. Glad you had a good time
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

skiing park city tomorrow. starting from canyons side.

If I want to do lunch at a restaurant, but outside, what are my options? do I need to reserve ahead of time?