Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85

Thread: Park City info

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I don't know much about PC but just here to say DO NOT ski dutch draw or square top this week. That is an awful suggestion regardless of how good they may look.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    i thought 9990 was still closed?

    and even if it's not, no, don't fucking ski those areas.

    sorry/not sorry
    What Jtran and tgapp said. DO NOT get on Dutch Draw or Square Top this season, even if the gates are open. PWL is all over the place. Truly know before you go.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,945
    9990 gate's closed indefinitely anyway, moose out front should've told ya.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    +3 ogdens
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Park city is the best.

    Attachment 363150

    Attachment 363151


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    was on the north side of the valley at the old county park all day today finishing the last day of aiare 1 and it was really really good out there today. Perfect temps and snow filling in all day.
    Last edited by NBABUCKS1; 02-15-2021 at 07:26 PM.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    was on the north side of the valley at the old county park all day today finishing the day of aiare 1 and it was really really good out there today. Perfect temps and snow filling in all day.
    Who taught your class?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    +3 ogdens
    Posts
    78
    ben had my group and Kory the other group. Both were fantastic teachers and knowledgable in the subject.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    ben had my group and Kory the other group. Both were fantastic teachers and knowledgable in the subject.
    Yep, both good dudes.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States of Aburdistan
    Posts
    7,341
    Bandit, MT skier, and Snowaddict, I should be at Snowbasin this week, tomorrow will be Brighton though. I don't know how much of a guide I can be, but I can try if you guys want to PM me, I'll know what I can do the night before. My plan is to ski every day this week, but we will see if that works out.
    If it clears Thursday it should be great if they open gates. Wednesday I'll be there anyways, just a heads up that storm days are hard at SB due to whiteout/vertigo. JP lift is fine on those days, which has the best terrain, but whole sections like Strawberry are skiing by Braille all day.

    But if they open No Name Thursday or maybe Friday....Chef's kiss and all that. No Name was skiing fantastic today, put a couple feet on that and it will be memorable. Then again, they may not open it this week.

    And while it is inbounds, I'd recommend beeping all day. And please wear a mask.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,368
    Thanks for the idea to go to Snowbasin. That place is super cool. Tram didnít open but they spun strawberry and it was deeeeep. Really really fun day with a lot of great snow.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    +3 ogdens
    Posts
    78
    looks cool, work sucks.


    also congrats on the retweet from snowbasin

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,613

    Park City info

    Snowbasin delivered today...and we got to see the sun...at least over on Strawberry

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613616012.234798.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	363510
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Thanks for the idea to go to Snowbasin. That place is super cool. Tram didnít open but they spun strawberry and it was deeeeep. Really really fun day with a lot of great snow.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FKNA!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,368

    Kid went HUGE today at Park City


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,613
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post

    Kid went HUGE today at Park City


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! We were at PC today, too.

    Only gripe was the upload from the Canyons side. Gondola line took about 45-minutes. Then a slow migration over towards the PC side.

    How early does someone have to get to the mountain to get parking on the PC lots?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Nice! We were at PC today, too.

    Only gripe was the upload from the Canyons side. Gondola line took about 45-minutes. Then a slow migration over towards the PC side.

    How early does someone have to get to the mountain to get parking on the PC lots?


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Use the bus. It just works there.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,368
    Another really fun day. We skied over to the canyons side and made a bunch of laps on 9990. Nice steep shots. Then headed over to condor and that was pretty fun too. From Condor all the way back over to park City is a long damn way!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,747
    Hahaha
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,665
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Another really fun day. We skied over to the canyons side and made a bunch of laps on 9990. Nice steep shots. Then headed over to condor and that was pretty fun too. From Condor all the way back over to park City is a long damn way!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I tried to tell you. Not long ago it was two different ski resorts. You could have gone to the canyons village, jumped on the bus. And been back in a PC village in 10 minutes?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,747
    If staying on the PC side, the trick is to get over to condor early and gradually make your way back. Personally, I would get off the gondola ski down to Dreamcatcher, ski to Out n Back, then to the Bubble (1/2 way), ski down Lookout to Bad Lands and up Condor. It’s a lot better doing that early than late
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    7
    Made it out to Park City a second time after some pretty disappointing early season week in early January. Felt like a totally different resort and was amazing. Any other resorts I should go to with good conditions near by like Snowbasin?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2a42 View Post
    Made it out to Park City a second time after some pretty disappointing early season week in early January. Felt like a totally different resort and was amazing. Any other resorts I should go to with good conditions near by like Snowbasin?
    Sundance.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I wonder if their is any relation to the Jillbertos in Glenwood? When I go to the desert, I just skip the grocery. I just get about 5 burritos per day and call it good.
    This is the way.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Sundance.
    Would it be better Saturday or Sunday? Figure there will be a decent line either day.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    inw
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2a42 View Post
    Would it be better Saturday or Sunday? Figure there will be a decent line either day.
    in my limited experience, Sundays are better ski days in the Wasatch because Mormons. Sundance probably even more so given proximity to Orem, Provo, etc.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,554
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post

    Kid went HUGE today at Park City


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Roll Tide!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    32
    Monitors still completely untracked....but I'd imagine that's for good reason. Anyone know if square top still has a PWL issue even after it was controlled after the accident?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •