Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 85

Thread: Park City info

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,068
    In recent years, I've gravitated more toward McConkeys and Pioneer than 99 and Jupiter.

    Avoid getting stuck at the Silverlode, King Con, or Tombstone lifelines on a busy weekend afternoon. Though Over and Out seems to have improved things at Tombstone.

    Half laps on the Orange Bubble or going straight to Condor can be a good pow day move depending on what's open.

    If you can avoid taking Home Run as your last run of the day on a weekend, do it. Be creative if necessary.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,968
    Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Ray's Tavern in Green River is NEVER a fast food waste land.
    preach on brother

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    +3 ogdens
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    If you feel up to it hit up the Wildcat handletow, Orson’s comes down from there and can get pretty steep.
    I have yet to hit it this year, good to know bro. ski by it all the time didn't realize the goods were at the top of the tow

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,359
    Sweet, we are going to ski Snowbasin one day.....thatís a great idea! Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,359
    Whatís the play for the best terrain at Snowbasin? Stoked for this week. Looks like a healthy amount of snow is incoming.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  6. #31
    Vets's Avatar
    Vets is online now Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Topaz, NV
    Posts
    3,767
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    What’s the play for the best terrain at Snowbasin? Stoked for this week. Looks like a healthy amount of snow is incoming.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of great options there.
    An obvious choice is the terrain off of the Allen Peak Tram.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,645
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    What’s the play for the best terrain at Snowbasin? Stoked for this week. Looks like a healthy amount of snow is incoming.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You need a guide to have fun on a one time trip. And I gotta say. You really want to drive a couple hours to another area when you're surrounded by 3?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    636
    Subscribed for the food recs in the Price zone since Iíve definitely driven through that area a bunch of times not knowing where to find decent food.

    I havenít been to PC in a bunch of years now, but I also never understood how there was so much bad food there. I do like the salsa bar at the place down near prospector, and the old school prime rib/steakhouse joint right around the corner is fun also, if not amazing food. Tarahumara in PC isnít nearly as cool as the original one in Midway, but the food is still good.

    I stayed one year for a few weeks right by the 3 kings lift, thatís nice and convenient. Too bad you have to take three lifts to get to Jupiter and more to get to 9990. I was working so never even had enough time to go to Canyons except for full days off work, and then I would just drive to Alta or Snowbird.

    Have fun, stay safe. I was in southern Utah in the autumn when they had some of the worst positivity rates in the country and tons of people seemed to not care about masks.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,359
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    You need a guide to have fun on a one time trip. And I gotta say. You really want to drive a couple hours to another area when you're surrounded by 3?
    The distance isnít ideal but we wake up early and since itís on the pass....why not? Nice day in the mtns and get to see/ski a new place.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States of Aburdistan
    Posts
    7,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Lots of great options there.
    An obvious choice is the terrain off of the Allen Peak Tram.
    If No Name area isn't open that tram accesses a minuscule amount of Snowbasin. Montanaskier, what day are heading up there? Tuesday I'll be at Brighton but I'm somewaht flexible to show you around some other day this week. For planning advice I'd say don't ski SB on a big day that is not blue out as they are slow to open things. I haven't skied there much this season though so I don't have an accurate pulse on what's open, but maybe a local can chime in and either way I'll be up there tomorrow to figure things out before the storm arrives.

    Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Subscribed for the food recs in the Price zone since I’ve definitely driven through that area a bunch of times not knowing where to find decent food.

    I haven’t been to PC in a bunch of years now, but I also never understood how there was so much bad food there. I do like the salsa bar at the place down near prospector, and the old school prime rib/steakhouse joint right around the corner is fun also, if not amazing food. Tarahumara in PC isn’t nearly as cool as the original one in Midway, but the food is still good.

    I stayed one year for a few weeks right by the 3 kings lift, that’s nice and convenient. Too bad you have to take three lifts to get to Jupiter and more to get to 9990. I was working so never even had enough time to go to Canyons except for full days off work, and then I would just drive to Alta or Snowbird.

    Have fun, stay safe. I was in southern Utah in the autumn when they had some of the worst positivity rates in the country and tons of people seemed to not care about masks.
    The high positivity rates was most likely due to the Indian Reservations where not everyone has running water for washing hands, there are many small homes packed with people/relatives, and a culture where you just don't visit elders for months on end. Or that's what I read about the situation, not like I'm an insider.

    As for PC, try Anaya's Market next time although the salsa bar place you mentioned, El Chubasco, is awesome too of course. Any fancy restaurants up there I don't have a clue about or care about.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,359
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    If No Name area isn't open that tram accesses a minuscule amount of Snowbasin. Montanaskier, what day are heading up there? Tuesday I'll be at Brighton but I'm somewaht flexible to show you around some other day this week. For planning advice I'd say don't ski SB on a big day that is not blue out as they are slow to open things. I haven't skied there much this season though so I don't have an accurate pulse on what's open, but maybe a local can chime in and either way I'll be up there tomorrow to figure things out before the storm arrives.



    The high positivity rates was most likely due to the Indian Reservations where not everyone has running water for washing hands, there are many small homes packed with people/relatives, and a culture where you just don't visit elders for months on end. Or that's what I read about the situation, not like I'm an insider.

    As for PC, try Anaya's Market next time although the salsa bar place you mentioned, El Chubasco, is awesome too of course. Any fancy restaurants up there I don't have a clue about or care about.
    We are skiing SB on Wed. If it works out great, weíll figure it out otherwise. Super thankful for all the info. Iím not real stoked for PC but itís a break and weíll have a good time. We looked at a couple of the fancy restaurants for dinner next week and everything is booked. Iím happy they are. Iíd rather just apre and eat wings/tacos/and beer and call it good.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Backside
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I
    As for PC, try Anaya's Market next time although the salsa bar place you mentioned, El Chubasco, is awesome too of course. Any fancy restaurants up there I don't have a clue about or care about.
    Sorry to report that Anaya was closed last summer. I spoke with the owner in the parking lot on the very last day. Sadness all around. No more Mexican market in town; nor the $6.50 burritos and other kick ass food. I have not tried to find a substitute yet.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    636
    El Chubasco, that was it! I was too lazy to look it up on Yelp. I also enjoyed Anayaís market, forgot about that place. Too bad it closed.

    I still like Tarahumara best of those three, but the strip mall space is a bummer. Not that chubascoís isnít in a strip mall.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    38
    Beyond the signature runs from the top of 9990 and Jupiter lifts, whose opening times vary with AVY controls, there's decent tree skiing to the right of Jupiter access trail skiing down towards Thaynes that might not track out or have as long lines. If Snow Basin looks ridiculous, you can continue on to Powder Mountain.

    Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    11
    Hiking Jupiter Peak inbounds Park City, Dutches and Square Top sidecountry on Canyons side (Each has had a death this year). The inbounds hiking in Snowbasin is great and hardly gets hit. You can hike from top of Allen or Strawberry, everything in between. You can't miss the headwall across the top, all of it is short hikes inbounds. The backcountry run from the top of Allen down to Ogden is epic, but all BC seems sketchy at the moment.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,580
    Headed to Zion tomorrow and skiing all week. Iím Epic so will be at PC and SB as well. We have more snow here in the PNW, but the trip with be with Bandit Jr, so will be good to get away and have some solid father-son time.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    6,460
    Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    Tacos El Gordo, in Vernal, is also some amazing Mexican food. It was a food cart at a gas station, now it is inside the gas station. Never been to park city
    I will confirm this recommendation.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    6,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I wonder if their is any relation to the Jillbertos in Glenwood? When I go to the desert, I just skip the grocery. I just get about 5 burritos per day and call it good.
    That's Jilbertitos... so, maybe?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Jah Praise View Post
    Hiking Jupiter Peak inbounds Park City, Dutches and Square Top sidecountry on Canyons side (Each has had a death this year). The inbounds hiking in Snowbasin is great and hardly gets hit. You can hike from top of Allen or Strawberry, everything in between. You can't miss the headwall across the top, all of it is short hikes inbounds. The backcountry run from the top of Allen down to Ogden is epic, but all BC seems sketchy at the moment.
    I don't know much about PC but just here to say DO NOT ski dutch draw or square top this week. That is an awful suggestion regardless of how good they may look.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I don't know much about PC but just here to say DO NOT ski dutch draw or square top this week. That is an awful suggestion regardless of how good they may look.
    i thought 9990 was still closed?

    and even if it's not, no, don't fucking ski those areas.

    sorry/not sorry

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,710
    The gates to get to FS property is closed. Inbounds is open
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    13,404
    Quote Originally Posted by CG_#3 View Post
    Sorry to report that Anaya was closed last summer. I spoke with the owner in the parking lot on the very last day. Sadness all around. No more Mexican market in town; nor the $6.50 burritos and other kick ass food. I have not tried to find a substitute yet.
    Shitballs! That seriously sucks. Their food was so good and the place was a true cultural experience. I was usually the only white boy mountain biker in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    and even if it's not, no, don't fucking ski those areas.

    sorry/not sorry
    Seriously. That's a truly insane suggestion right now.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,918
    Yeah um, to clarify, stay inbounds everywhere. Snowbasin also has tempting, deadly sidecountry that should definitely be avoided right now. I'll probably ski basin or PC next weds when I roll into town for work if any of you are still around.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    2000 miles from snow.
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    You need a guide to have fun on a one time trip. And I gotta say. You really want to drive a couple hours to another area when you're surrounded by 3?
    You must drive awful fucking slow if it take you 2 hours to get from PC to Snowbasin.

    Anyway, Snowbasin is definatly worth it. John Paul chair has great stuff below it. Strawberry Gonjola is also fine - take the gate out to the stuff off to the south

    9990 has been open since early January. It has NOT been good, but its been open.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    6,301
    Park city is the best.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613432730.205356.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	363150

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613432750.066946.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	363151


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32

    2020/2021 (20/24)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •