WTB: CHEAP 165-175cm ski for a teen

My son's buddy has been borrowing my wife's powder skis and she's getting tired of it...

He's an (upper) intermediate and a good athlete and tall, just doesn't have much time on the hill. I'm looking to buy him something easy skiing 165-175cm, with some stability as those jackasses ski waaaay too fast for their skill level. Mostly skiing Mt Rose in Tahoe, so some width would be appropriate.

Don't need binders as I have plenty.

Really want to keep this down to $100-150 out of pocket. May be willing to pay a bit more for something I can pass down to the younger boys at some point.

On a different note, Rossi Experience 88s for sale locally that might fit the bill; anyone know anything about them?

Thanks in advance for your time and abuse...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    My son's buddy has been borrowing my wife's powder skis and she's getting tired of it...

He's an (upper) intermediate and a good athlete and tall, just doesn't have much time on the hill. I'm looking to buy him something easy skiing 165-175cm, with some stability as those jackasses ski waaaay too fast for their skill level. Mostly skiing Mt Rose in Tahoe, so some width would be appropriate.

Don't need binders as I have plenty.

Really want to keep this down to $100-150 out of pocket. May be willing to pay a bit more for something I can pass down to the younger boys at some point.

On a different note, Rossi Experience 88s for sale locally that might fit the bill; anyone know anything about them?

Thanks in advance for your time and abuse...

If he's not too concerned with them being pink, I have a set of the 174 Rossi Scratch Stz (140/110/133) that I could donate to the cause if you want to pay the shipping.
    They were actually men's skis but I get complimented by little ripping skier girls every time I ski on them
    I tuned them last winter thinking I'd ski them at our town ski hill, but my husband keeps buying me new skis so they rarely get used.
    https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/ross...scratch-steeze

I think they may have been drilled twice but they're in excellent shape and shipping shouldn't be terrible from WY-> CA
    Holler if interested but np if the color is too much
    skid luxury

PM sent...

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    If he's not too concerned with them being pink, I have a set of the 174 Rossi Scratch Stz (140/110/133) that I could donate to the cause if you want to pay the shipping.
    They were actually men's skis but I get complimented by little ripping skier girls every time I ski on them
    I tuned them last winter thinking I'd ski them at our town ski hill, but my husband keeps buying me new skis so they rarely get used.
    https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/ross...scratch-steeze

I think they may have been drilled twice but they're in excellent shape and shipping shouldn't be terrible from WY-> CA
    Holler if interested but np if the color is too much
    Props to babybear for the sticks! Those graphics are SICK.

I’ve got some 174 moment garbones. I think my sons outgrown them. Mounted with Salomon. Without bindings $125

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Driving to Targhee