Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Sobriety, V2.

Congrats to all!
    "bound to cover just a little more ground"

Picked up a one year chip. Things are clear, calm and quiet.

Here's to another lap around the sun!

Congrats on the milestone. The first year is the hardest, yet just there is so much more ahead on your journey.

don’t drink motherfuckers
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Came here to post cause I’m sick and fucking tired of all the complaining in the world and stupidly about drugs. When will these dumb motherfuckers (people on tv, our government) realize that as a heroin addict they seek out fentynal? I mean at least I know when I was an addict and made some seriously shitty choices and shot up for 8 years, I would love to cook down fent patches and shoot them. $60 would get me high for 3-4 days. Sure beat 100 a day.

when will people just be honest and say “hey if you quit doing drugs you won’t die from drugs”. There’s a way to not die from fentynal, it’s to not do it, there’s also another way, don’t do hard drugs. And guess what, if you want to be an adult and smoke weed, then be an adult and grow it or buy it from another adult that doesn’t sell hard drugs. How fucking hard is this shit. Fuck.

sorry. Rant over.

Wishing y’all positive vibes. I was with an addict for 2 years before we broke up. Thought she got clean, but I found out from one of the meeting peeps that she has had 2 DUIs in the last 6 months. I can no longer help her, but it’s just another example of how hard this shit is.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Came here to post cause I’m sick and fucking tired of all the complaining in the world and stupidly about drugs. When will these dumb motherfuckers (people on tv, our government) realize that as a heroin addict they seek out fentynal? I mean at least I know when I was an addict and made some seriously shitty choices and shot up for 8 years, I would love to cook down fent patches and shoot them. $60 would get me high for 3-4 days. Sure beat 100 a day.

when will people just be honest and say “hey if you quit doing drugs you won’t die from drugs”. There’s a way to not die from fentynal, it’s to not do it, there’s also another way, don’t do hard drugs. And guess what, if you want to be an adult and smoke weed, then be an adult and grow it or buy it from another adult that doesn’t sell hard drugs. How fucking hard is this shit. Fuck.

sorry. Rant over.
    I'm not really sure what you're arguing here. One this is for sure though, fentanyl is here to stay as the primary street opioid. It's so much easier to illicitly produce and traffic.

The 2 compartment metabolism of fentanyl makes it so insanely dangerous

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Wishing y’all positive vibes. I was with an addict for 2 years before we broke up. Thought she got clean, but I found out from one of the meeting peeps that she has had 2 DUIs in the last 6 months. I can no longer help her, but it’s just another example of how hard this shit is.

That sucks in every way, man. Hopefully she can straighten herself out before it is too late. At the same time, I hope that this isn't interfering with your life too much and you're taking care of yourself.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm not really sure what you're arguing here. One this is for sure though, fentanyl is here to stay as the primary street opioid. It's so much easier to illicitly produce and traffic.
    im just saying it doesn’t matter what it is. It will all kill you. It’s ridiculous that the media just gives heroin a pass now because it’s not as dangerous. The answer to the problem is not doing drugs.

There's no such thing as a former addict or a former alcoholic. That bell can't be unrung.. But you can decide to not ring it again ... today.. No control over whether it rings again tomorrow though...

Don't do it.. It's that "simple", but it ain't that "easy". Best to all who stayed sober today and hope we make the right decision again tomorrow.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    im just saying it doesn’t matter what it is. It will all kill you. It’s ridiculous that the media just gives heroin a pass now because it’s not as dangerous. The answer to the problem is not doing drugs.
    I can't say that I recall seeing much pass-giving in the Media about heroin. These days it seems preferable to fentanyl since that is killing so many more people, but I wouldn't exactly call that a "pass".

For me, the answer was more about figuring out what I was drinking at, than not drinking. Nothing worse than an alcoholic that just doesn’t drink. Imagine similar to drugs. Ok, not nothing worse, but they are usually still miserable to be around over the long haul.

I did that

drank at shit

that’s so fucked

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    For me, the answer was more about figuring out what I was drinking at, than not drinking. Nothing worse than an alcoholic that just doesn’t drink. Imagine similar to drugs. Ok, not nothing worse, but they are usually still miserable to be around over the long haul.
    Dry drunk. They're miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    That sucks in every way, man. Hopefully she can straighten herself out before it is too late. At the same time, I hope that this isn't interfering with your life too much and you're taking care of yourself.
    Thanks, Mang. I’m good. I moved on and haven’t talked with her for a long time. Just hoped she’d end up in a better place.

Wanted to lend support to peeps here. Lifelong struggle. The non-addict people can/should understand.

Stress headache from hell. Back in the day a 2mg klonopin you’ll take that away in minutes so I could sleep. Addiction has me thinking about one now. Doesn’t ever go away. Just gets manageable if you don’t want to go back.

Im on a year now, feels great and can’t see me ever going back!

Right on Mister!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    There's no such thing as a former addict or a former alcoholic. That bell can't be unrung.. But you can decide to not ring it again ... today.. No control over whether it rings again tomorrow though...

Don't do it.. It's that "simple", but it ain't that "easy". Best to all who stayed sober today and hope we make the right decision again tomorrow.
    So true, as is the misery of being a “dry drunk”. I’m currently helping a work colleague who was hard core dry drunkin it and losing his mind. Much better now. I had a therapist that would say your addiction is always in the corner doing push ups, getting stronger just waiting for a chance.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I fkn hate those stupid AA sayings

fuck AA

Congrats to the new minted yearlings. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I fkn hate those stupid AA sayings

fuck AA
    Truth hurts.. Keep coming back..

On the serious side, a nurse was stabbed to death by a patient in the parking lot of a treatment center that shares that parking lot with one of the major meeting locations here in Durham. There were warning signs, but everyone was still trying to help that individual who snapped (AGAIN) and killed the nurse..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Truth hurts.. Keep coming back..
    no thanks