Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    damn looks like a lot of dudes and dudettes do care that they are guides

aint seen another boat yet this season
    probably wont till waterfowl whackin season starts
    dont needs to hoot the poops and they eat more when its hot and it takes more than elevated water temp to kill em

"A man who habitually fishes for carp has a strange look in his eyes"
    -Arthur Ransome "Carp" Rod and Line (1929)
    yup id concur

one from the luau

waits till .....
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

2021 GILL FUCKERS COMMUNITY THREAD

Teleee- that’s crazy up there! Summer is always nuts but that’s extra nuts.
    Was shooting the shit with a guy I used to guide with long ago yesterday evening on my porch, (much better than an over crowded bar!). We were sharing recent info from the guys and gals we know still in the fishin business. Pretty much everyone says things are fucked around here too. Guide day limits are being “stretched”, (basically blown off in many cases). Both sides of the hill. But…not by all outfitters. Seems like there are some honest folks still left.
    Tough. Especially when tribs of the big water and small streams are to hot to explore.

I guess there is a bright side to the climate change and mass influx of people…my wife hasn’t remarked yet this fishing season that she feels like a single parent. So I might be winning points for a trip to see the boys in KW.

I’m hanging up my gear til fall. But, I can still drink brown water. We will share one soon.

My paltry pictoral offerings from the Metolius River.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0610 (002).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	380752

Name:	IMG_0625.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	745.9 KB 
ID:	380753

Name:	IMG_0612 (002).JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	380754

Not sure what y'all do, but it's fucking hard for me to juggle rod, net and camera while standing thigh deep in the current and trying to treat the fish gently. I've lost two at the kodak moment and was unable to photo two others.

Life link split: got your PM and responded.

www.muskyshop.com is in Minoqua and they will have what you need. That’s real close to your sister’s place. The Musky Shop is probably the best place in northern Wisconsin for musky info and gear.

Also there is a place in downtown Ladysmith that is a fishing/archery place that has “some” flies, but they are not fly fishermen themselves and don’t know shit. Wear your red MAGA hat if you want to fit in with those bozos.

If I understand your route, you are passing about 6 miles from my Mom’s house, and will be crossing a bridge over River X, the river that supposedly has zero Muskys, but everyone knows it has state record 50+ inchers. Locals here are sworn to secrecy. I talked to a DNR agent at the boat ramp and he confirmed that they know all about River X and are not publicly talking about it. That guy who used to guide for Headhunters in Craig is now doing guided trips on River X, surprised he has not been shot at.

My digits are in my PM, but I am a ways from your family’s place and I understand how important it is for you to see your Dad right now, so I am not really expecting you to call. Best wishes for your Dads health.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    www.muskyshop.com is in Minoqua and they will have what you need. That’s real close to your sister’s place. The Musky Shop is probably the best place in northern Wisconsin for musky info and gear.

If I understand your route, you are passing about 6 miles from my Mom’s house, and will be crossing a bridge over River X, the river that supposedly has zero Muskys, but everyone knows it has state record 50+ inchers. Locals here are sworn to secrecy. I talked to a DNR agent at the boat ramp and he confirmed that they know all about River X and are not publicly talking about it. That guy who used to guide for Headhunters in Craig is now doing guided trips on River X, surprised he has not been shot at.
    Are we talking muskies on a fly rod? I'm guessing that a mallard hatchling fly with an elk hide muskrat dropper would be effective. No need to tell me the name of the river, but I do want to fish it even if it means taking turns providing covering fire while the other fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Are we talking muskies on a fly rod? I'm guessing that a mallard hatchling fly with an elk hide muskrat dropper would be effective.
    Goddammit. It's *this* type of humor that keeps me coming back to this godforsaken place.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Pic of the mysterious River X taken 10 minutes ago on my drive home from the gym. Lifelinksplit will be driving right past this spot sometime today or tomorrow. Toothy creatures live here, bring your steel cable leaders...

Name:	Image1627593305.033484.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	381008

Last edited by Harry; 07-29-2021 at 05:42 PM.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    No need to tell me the name of the river, but I do want to fish it even if it means taking turns providing covering fire while the other fishes.
    It's *this* type of humor that keeps me coming back to this godforsaken place.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Pic of the mysterious River X taken 10 minutes ago on my drive home from the gym. Lifelinksplit will be driving right past this spot sometime today or tomorrow. Toothy creatures live here, bring your steel cable leaders...

Name:	Image1627593305.033484.jpg 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	381008
    Other than the tiki glowering, that river looks so placid and smooth, perfect for ducklings to take a swim. I still have a harness for a mouse somewhere that grandpa used to slay big pike or as some may say "northern." What flavor brandy is preferred for sipping between casts for musky?

Haven't fished a ton this year, that's about to change. Boats are hard to come by these days.

Been to that shop ^^^ many times, is that the 13’ Sniper? Was up there this spring, at that time they were backlogged 6mo on orders.

Sniper indeed. Ordered it last October for April delivery and it’s finally done and heading West. Clacka is the same story apparently.

You’re gonna love the Stealthcraft!

One of these days let’s meet up and throw lines.

Thanks for info harry. Unfortunately not a fishing trip but trying to sneak some musky/pike/bass fishing in at the lake where my sister has a place. Ended up grabbing buck tails(apparently also the name of the local strip joint)and poppers in Eagle River. Have only been fishing lakes for the last month in MT with all the hoot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210730_153023.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	381105

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Oh also in regards to the Madison guide pic.....I assume yall saw how a bunch of only out of state plates had tires slashed. Shit getting real over there. I better do a raynolds float before you're no longer able to.

Lowcountry jack

Name:	B6EC3D76-AC14-4B98-AF3D-0F526AF06D0C.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	381158

And lowcountry tarpon. No face grab, but still…

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 4.45.09 PM.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	877.7 KB 
ID:	381159

The pic of a bent rod with jumpin’ fish will never get old.

Cool shot.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Oh also in regards to the Madison guide pic.....I assume yall saw how a bunch of only out of state plates had tires slashed. Shit getting real over there. I better do a raynolds float before you're no longer able to.

You would think since half the rigs here on the South Fork have Montane plates this weekend they would be a little less self righteous.

Nice jack roos. That things a stud.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

^^^Wow, some beauties up there^^^

Caught, and released in central WI this morning

Name:	64C5C7B5-B7A3-4C76-8C1B-74D87EF1B5FF_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	381235

On this stream

Name:	33C01F2C-156C-4BF4-84D3-958B05DBEB31_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	381236
    Last edited by skuff; 08-04-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    The Madison

Drove by last Monday and it looked like a boat every 100 yards from Raynolds to Ennis.

Made me appreciate having some little water all to my self.

Name:	4ED66BA6-2A42-43F1-B741-1B679F91AAA2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	717.1 KB 
ID:	381239

Name:	95989285-71B8-4457-B9E1-111EF2C90804.jpg 
Size:	840.9 KB 
ID:	381240
    Harvest the ride.

Nice Jack roosie. Oh sorry my bad, let me rewrite that so you can better understand. #nicejackroosie
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Northern Wisconsin stoke

Mom’s lady friend had the local musky guide take her out for a day of walleye fishing on his pontoon boat. Old lady caught this monster ! She ran over and rang my Mom’s doorbell to tell her all about it.

Rig was a pink #6 hook with a nightcrawler, and a slip bobber set at 10 feet.

Name:	Image1628030303.023367.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	381425