Bent hangar on a BMC Fourstroke 02

Just picked up a cheapish BMC Foustroke 02 for the missus. Upon delivery find out it has a cracked and bent hangar. It's possible to buy hangars but they all ship from Lithuania and Israel and places lie that, so not really cheap and takes a while.

I ordered one, part D515, but then started to wonder -- anyone now if this is a common problem on these bikes, or was getting a bent hangar just a fluke? Wondering if it makes sense to buy a backup. TIA

I can't imagine it's a common problem, it was just on a used bike that probably got ridden fairly hard. On a bike like a BMC that's not widely carried in bike shops, I'd err on the safe side and always have an extra in the tool box.

Do you have a Shimano Direct Mount Derailleur?
    Wheels Manufacturing make both the #336 (direct mount) and the 335 (standard mount) and they are in stock at BiyclePartsDirect.com with free shipping.
    And yes, with a non common hanger its worth an extra $40 to have one on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    And yes, with a non common hanger its worth an extra $40 to have one on hand.
    Seriously. Even if they are common do you want to stop whatever bike trip you are on to go pray a bike shop has one in stock?

have you hunted on ebay?

called BMC dealers in country?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    have you hunted on ebay?
    called BMC dealers in country?
    ^^^ they are in stock, in Colorado, w free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    ^^^ they are in stock, in Colorado, w free shipping.
    Any clues on where? I have not come across that yet. PLEASE!!!

thanks!

In case anyone falls into a similar problem as me -- trying to find a hard to find part -- I called and had a nice chat with Bicycle Parts Direct. There was some confusion about parts numbers. I took a photo of the part I had (installed on a bike, and broken, so I did not want to take it off, but so the whole part was not shown) and the guy I talked to was able to find the correct part, which was the part referenced here, it turns out.

You don't have to tell me I was was right.