Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Natural Selection Tour

Didn't see a thread on this. First day in the books. Drone angle is cool. Course looks killer. Day 1 highlights:

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/live/...n-hole-day-one

Highlights? It says 4 hours and 33 minutes
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Highlights? It says 4 hours and 33 minutes
    If you want to see a guy BOOOOOST watch all 3 of austen sweetin's runs. But also, the redbull player is updated so you can navigate around to everyone's runs.

Does anyone know if this is likely for tomorrow or if they are just saying tomorrow because it's the last day of the window?

Does anyone know if this is likely for tomorrow or if they are just saying tomorrow because it's the last day of the window?
    Weather forecast for tomorrow is mostly sunny. A bit windy, so could be trouble for the drones.

That's a bummer the drones were awesome.. The whole thing would be better if the drones had lasers by the way.

That was a great way spend my morning. So glad to have Travis Rice pushing the limit of snowboarding contests in this direction.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did anyone land anything today?

Yeah today was much better than the qualifying day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m not a snowboarder but that looked fun as hell
    (Just got to see day 1)

The women were awesome. Super disappointed to see McMorris rewarded for doing the exact same line every time both days (same thing with Blake Paul but he fell). Skipped the mens finals cause I'm not really interested in watching a slopestyle event.
    Was cool to see Travis get to the bottom on day 1 and you could see him make a mental note that the monitor was hard for the competitors to see, and then see a big screen over it on day 2. It's for sure his baby.

The women were awesome. Super disappointed to see McMorris rewarded for doing the exact same line every time both days (same thing with Blake Paul but he fell). Skipped the mens finals cause I'm not really interested in watching a slopestyle event.
    Was cool to see Travis get to the bottom on day 1 and you could see him make a mental note that the monitor was hard for the competitors to see, and then see a big screen over it on day 2. It's for sure his baby.

I agree it was a bit annoying to see the sparky huck-a-chuck rewarded over the style lords but I'm sure if I was there judging it was probably super impressive that he could land that many tricks on that course.

I noticed the TV screen thing too, it was funny, but I don't think it about him being the boss I think thats just good feedback and improving between event days. Did you notice they finished the inside of the start arch as well?

Back for 2022 with the first stop at Jackson.

https://www.naturalselectiontour.com/

I've not watched much yet, but looks a bit crusty.

Stoked for Jared Elston. Oregon kids know how to handle a crust layer I guess.

Indeed. Bend representing well. Little fergusons run I thought was killer too, but the stomped 900 was going to be tough to not advance.

Bend representing....true that. Gabe showed he's got the stuff. Jared is a damn animal. Blake Paul so light and smooth.

Second year showing the riders have been preparing.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

What a great format!

Did anyone else think Backstrom deserved to win over Rice besides me and Rice?

But T Ricky can't go out in the first round. /s?

Was cool to see Arthur Longo in the event. Don't think his style of riding translates to competition format that well. Love watching that guy ride though.

I forget the exact details of the tie breaker on the T Rice Backstrom runs, but after they were both done I thought it was going to be close. The announcers mentioned something about nothing but threes for backstrom at the top where Rice went with 5's? In the end, I think you are right Ryan, unless T Rice assed out, which he clearly did not the last two runs, he's going through.

I think the format is killer. I wish the conditions were better, but it could have been worse! Looking forward to stop 2 and 3!

Tap, do you know those guys? Figured you may have taken their photos in the past?

Did anyone else think Backstrom deserved to win over Rice besides me and Rice?
    Too close to call imo. Incredible riding from both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RYAN13 View Post

Was cool to see Arthur Longo in the event. Don't think his style of riding translates to competition format that well. Love watching that guy ride though.
    Wasn’t Longo the one who hit that insane transfer twice? Pretty sure that was the biggest anyone went all day. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think he goofed on the last hit of his second run, if that didn’t happen I think he would have advanced to a tie breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Wasn’t Longo the one who hit that insane transfer twice? Pretty sure that was the biggest anyone went all day. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think he goofed on the last hit of his second run, if that didn’t happen I think he would have advanced to a tie breaker.
    That transfer was nuts

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    That transfer was nuts
    They saying it he travelled 100’.

I know Ben Gabe and Jared but dont get to shoot with them. Shot with Austin and Curtis a couple times. All good guys. Met Arthur when he was at a record store in Bend with Jake Price. That Frenchman smells like an ashtray.

Tomorrow should be sweet.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    They saying it he travelled 100’.
    Yeah, that was huge and he hit pretty firm too. Landed backseat but rode out of it. Impressive af.