Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    well they did invent copper wire ... 2 dutchmen arguing over a penny

I member somebosy telling me its a bad town to open a restaurant

2000 dutchmen and they don't go out for dinner
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

About my only complaint with HD is don't use their services, as I shop around and always find better prices. Last example was AC install, they were thousands more expensive. For everyday stuff I need they are ok unless I need something nice, then it is the specialty shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I have the small town lumber yard staffed by mostly dutch people and they seem to help you out pretty good
    https://youtu.be/QJ882QYzr-M
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    About my only complaint with HD is don't use their services, as I shop around and always find better prices. Last example was AC install, they were thousands more expensive. For everyday stuff I need they are ok unless I need something nice, then it is the specialty shops.
    A lot of that stuff they actually outsource to local providers or shops anyway, so if you shop local first, you're skipping the middleman.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I’m still baffled they choose to stock the shelves during the busiest hours.

Yeah…. 10am on a Saturday... Sounds like the perfect time to close three isles and drive around a high reach fork with 3000# of readymix 20’ in the air. Wtf.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Exclaimed to wife we should do some Sunday things today; me thinking about wineries, breweries, and record shops. She then asked would a trip to HD count. I countered with a never, but I will go to Lowe’s if needed. She then told me what she was wanted and we decided we can get that at our local True Value

Both big box’s are at least 30min from me. Sucks that my preferred “going to town, town” only an the HD.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I’m still baffled they choose to stock the shelves during the busiest hours.

Yeah…. 10am on a Saturday... Sounds like the perfect time to close three isles and drive around a high reach fork with 3000# of readymix 20’ in the air. Wtf.

During COVID times the first job that called me back after 3+ months of unemployment was being an HD stocker for $11.50/hr. 5am-2pm 4 days a week.

It was the only job I have ever had that rewarded inefficiency. A bay is already well stocked and looks good? Well your tracker says you have to spend 5 minutes working on it so just stand around until the clock moves you to the next bay. A customer needs assistance? Sorry I am legally required to tell you to find a different associate. You want to help one of your coworkers with a project since you are ahead of schedule? Don't do that! Corporate doesn't pay you to exceed your job description. It is 10 am? Close the entire fasteners aisle while we forklift a pallet of unrelated shit above one of the bays for 25 minutes.

This type of shit is chronic throughout the entire business, reward employees for doing the absolute bare minimum and of course it is going to be a shit experience for your customers. HD has cornered the big box market in so many places that quality literally doesn't matter. The amount of money they lose to theft is mind boggling, but it hardly makes a difference on their bottom line.

Worst job I have ever had, I lasted 12 weeks. My coworkers were an interesting bunch of Trump humping good ol' boys who loudly complained about free-loading unemployment seekers, while priding themselves on being as bad at their HD job as possible. The irony was palpable. I ended up getting a job at a gear shop 2 weeks in and worked both jobs for 10 weeks before I got promoted to full time and was able to quit. Good riddance.

Most things about Home Depot are infuriating but the one that is most frequently obnoxious is their wildly inaccurate inventory count.

I order foam pipe insulation in 2 specific diameters pretty regularly. It doesn't matter what store I go to (and there are many to choose from that are all equally inconvenient), it doesn't matter if I order it online - they never have the quantity I have order regardless of what it is.

Website says 674 in store, I order 20pcs, I get 11. Or some other inane variation of this. And they just cancel the balance of the order with no notice. So you have no clue what is going to arrive or be available for pickup. I want 20pcs so I get a full box...not a bunch of loose 8' pieces!

No one seems to beat them on the price though, and my local hardware store doesn't carry the right stuff. So I am stuck with Home Depot.

Why don’t you just order from Ferguson?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Was just browsing their mobile website. Absolute trash.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Still pissed I didn’t buy more old growth Doug fir 2x4 from the one that had it

whereas Lowe’s has some really nice syp if you search the bins
    Last edited by dunfree ; 09-17-2023 at 07:14 PM.

I did a part time gig for a couple of years at HD when Bernie was still running it.. Started in the garden dept Had so much fun I almost felt guilty getting paid.

Customer- Do you have something to kill slugs?
    Me- So you have a problem with slugs?
    Customer- I saw one in my rose bush
    Me- You saw one slug. Where there other slugs?
    Customer- No. I looked in the dirt but didn't see any others.
    Me- Do the roses look healthy?
    Customer- Yes, real good.
    Me- So do you want to kill that slug you saw?
    Customer- Yes.

I reached down to the floor and showed him how. "Pick up the slug between your thumb and finger, then squeeze. In this area at this time of year everyone has a few slugs in the garden."
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I did a part time gig for a couple of years at HD when Bernie was still running it.. Started in the garden dept Had so much fun I almost felt guilty getting paid.

Customer- Do you have something to kill slugs?
    Me- So you have a problem with slugs?
    Customer- I saw one in my rose bush
    Me- You saw one slug. Where there other slugs?
    Customer- No. I looked in the dirt but didn't see any others.
    Me- Do the roses look healthy?
    Customer- Yes, real good.
    Me- So do you want to kill that slug you saw?
    Customer- Yes.

I reached down to the floor and showed him how. "Pick up the slug between your thumb and finger, then squeeze. In this area at this time of year everyone has a few slugs in the garden."
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I had fun working there, but I worked there when it was fun.

Customer: Do you have something to kill grubs?
    Me: Yes we do. Do you have grubs?
    Customer: I saw one under my rose bush
    Me: You saw one?
    Customer: Yep
    Me: Did you dig around to look for more?
    Customer: Yep, didn't see any
    Me: Everyone has a grub or two in the garden. Do you want to kill that grub
    Customer: Yep
    Me: The next time you see it, reach down and pick it up between your thumb and fore finger. Raise it up and look at it. Then squeeze it REAL hard.

Cool story brah

Well, I that was Wooley. I'm Cisco. Did I tell you the one about the homeowner customer that got into a dispute with a contractor who bit off the homeowners thumb in the scuffle? Or the lady that told me to teach me how to build a deck. NOW!. and she didn't own a hammer?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

im trying to buy a bosch dishwasher and i think they are the cheapest
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Can we start a thread for the deplorable Harbor Freight? I'm pretty sure their employment standards are far below HD/Lowes.

yeah, but so are their prices.

The bathrooms in Home Depot are always consistently WRECKED. The diet of your typical male Home Depot customer creates a smell that is fragrant in a not nice way.

And the sounds… don’t get me started on the sounds.

A gateway to Hell…Avoid if possible

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    The bathrooms in Home Depot are always consistently WRECKED. The diet of your typical male Home Depot customer creates a smell that is fragrant in a not nice way.

And the sounds… don’t get me started on the sounds.

A gateway to Hell…Avoid if possible
    Hahahha, bring a piss jug and empty bladder before entering HD. But yeah, I agree, why can't people take care of their defecation at home? Some people just have no shame in the sounds they create from the stalls.

I'd listen to a pitch for a TV show about Wooley working at HD.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Hahahha, bring a piss jug and empty bladder before entering HD. But yeah, I agree, why can't people take care of their defecation at home? Some people just have no shame in the sounds they create from the stalls.
    Sometimes things are a little more urgent than waiting to get home.

^^^ This. Spend some time on job sites where the option is a PTF with a shit stalagmite and no TP.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Sometimes things are a little more urgent than waiting to get home.
    I've thankfully grown out of my urgency for situations like that. Something about being 50+ that has slowed my ass down (literally). The piss jug urgency has gotten worse as the prostate has gotten bigger. Thread drift, but I didn't start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I've thankfully grown out of my urgency for situations like that. Something about being 50+ that has slowed my ass down (literally). The piss jug urgency has gotten worse as the prostate has gotten bigger. Thread drift, but I didn't start it.
    Everybody knows I love me some thread drift.