any news/guesses on new garmins?

Looking for finally join the GPS bike computer thing. Main thing is the linking to trailforks maps/routes directly.

BUT the current 538/830/1030 has been out for 2+ years, but does anyone have beta on if a new version will be due out this spring?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    You might want to ask Wahoo if they are finally about to release Trailforks integration. A lot of people have been screaming for it for some time. I'm really digging my ROAM coming from many years of Garmin. I've never needed Trailforks integration so there's that.

get an old 520 plus? think it has trail forks integration and there's no touch screen.

Any .gpx will import into your Trailforks ride log. You just hook the Garmin up to computer, then go to Trailforks and use the upload gps feature. I found using the trailforks phone app greatly exaggerates feet ascending, compared to my Garmin.

Any .gpx will import into your Trailforks ride log. You just hook the Garmin up to computer, then go to Trailforks and use the upload gps feature. I found using the trailforks phone app greatly exaggerated feet ascended, compared to my Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    Any .gpx will import into your Trailforks ride log. You just hook the Garmin up to computer, then go to Trailforks and use the upload gps feature. I found using the trailforks phone app greatly exaggerated feet ascended, compared to my Garmin.
    I believe the OP wants the to access the Trailforks CIQ app on his Garmin device.
    It allows you to do almost all the same activities on your Garmin as you can do on your phone on the trailforks app.

Good question as I’m also in the market. Would hate to buy one to have it go on sale in a month or have another better one come out.

Just want to take a moment to say that the Garmin 820 was the worst piece of technology I have ever owned. Switched to Wahoo, and it's been flawless - route syncing (and ride upload) is so seamless it's incredible.

The Garmin routing is better, but it never mattered as it would die (battery or general freak out) before I ever finished a route. The biggest issue I had though was the Garmin actually syncing to or from my phone / computer. So buggy, and every software update to either iPhone, Garmin Connect, or the Garmin itself just introduced a new or different problem. So even if Garmin has more integrations than Wahoo I am skeptical that any of them work as advertised.

I've got a Garmin 530 and Connect is garbage. It says it's running, and sends the notifications, but every single ride, my wife says "your tracker didn't work."

for the record I have a regular 520 along with a handful of other Garmin devices and have relatively little issues. live track works pretty well for me

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I've got a Garmin 530 and Connect is garbage. It says it's running, and sends the notifications, but every single ride, my wife says "your tracker didn't work."
    Meh- Happens with my Wahoo as well.

I just switched over to a 530 from an ELEMNT. While I'm lamenting the loss of the phone integration with Wahoo for super-easy setup; I'm excited to hopefully have better GPS accuracy and elevation that's not comically wrong.

I have a Garmin 510 that won't die. I have some issues late this summer when it would freeze up on the "saving ride" screen. This made me order a new 830 from my local shop.
    I backed up my 510, and did a factory reset and it has worked flawless since then. I also run a Garmin watch, so I like the easy integration of all my data on Garmin connect.
    My 510 always picks up a satellite signal right away, connects to my iPhone via Bluetooth, and when I hit end ride/save, it syncs to my Garmin Connect and Strava within seconds.
    I dont use live track or maps very much, so cant really speak to those features.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Good question as I’m also in the market. Would hate to buy one to have it go on sale in a month or have another better one come out.
    Eh, sometimes "improvements" aren't really that. I'm road riding with what is now a seven year old 810, and, it's fine. Tried to set up a 530 this summer for somebody, and a total pain in the ass, or maybe I'm just used to my 810's ergonomics, and that's good enough.

The tracking is going to suck a lot of battery power from the phone, which is a main reason I started to use a Garmin, just to avoid the phone dying.

anyone guessing/knowing when new version will come out?

Maybe pair directly with my vaccine/5G?

Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    Any .gpx will import into your Trailforks ride log. You just hook the Garmin up to computer, then go to Trailforks and use the upload gps feature. I found using the trailforks phone app greatly exaggerates feet ascending, compared to my Garmin.
    That's why I used my trailforks vert to get my everest number... until my stravasshole number got high enough.... lol.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

More on topic...

I did do some research the last few weeks... after I can pay for the new bike rack we need and keep shoes on my kids feet, the Karoo 2 looks really nice.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    More on topic...

I did do some research the last few weeks... after I can pay for the new bike rack we need and keep shoes on my kids feet, the Karoo 2 looks really nice.
    Summer’s coming. The kids can wait on shoes.