Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks to all. +1 for Corvus, Vwerks K and M-frees. And still lusting to try a 108BG.

Will have to check out as many as possible in real life, and see if one seems more "it" than the others.

And in the back of my head something keeps telling me that the reason I never seem to gel with 108-ish skis is that I don't need them.
    102 Woodsman and a future 99 M-free might be all I need, with the proper pow skis coming out when needed

What about Woodsman 108 or Wren 110?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The 110 is probably a lot more ski than the 108 Wren, so that's not an option

The 108 Woodsman is, for me, a fat all-mountain shape. Which is not really what I'm looking for here.
    If going more for the all-mountain shape, the 102 makes more sense.

Both have a mount point that I feel is a bit forward, but again, I feel that makes more sense in a 102

There is only one ski similar to BMT 109 and the name is "Katana V Werks" Amazing ski.!!!

History of my love with V.Werks
    It all starts with Katana 112 cca 4yrs ago (now i have two pairs + Tecton + Lange XT for lift assisted free-ride. My best ever ski
    Next was v Werks Mantra 99 + Tecton + Lange XT No lifts this year so only few times on the slope
    Next was BMT 90 (which replaced my Dynastar Mythic 97) ATK R12 + Fisher Traverse CC !!! This season cca 30 vertical KM Amazing ski combo with boots and binding. The only ski I use this season
    Next will be BMT 109 + ATK R12 + Fisher Traverse CC

so two pairs katana and mantra with resort ski boots and bindings and two pairs with free touring boots and bindings

PS all at super discounted prices

KVWs is an amazing ski that skis much better than its weight and construction suggests - agreed - but to fit the OP's requirements he would need the 190, and that is quite a bit of ski. The 184 is more like a 182 - so well short of 185-188.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    fwiw, I replaced my BMT109 with BG108t and find that they outperform in every category.

Athough they fill the same quiver slot for me, I wouldn't say they ski that similarly. Balance point is larger on the BGs... tail is more supportive and the ski can be driven harder. They float better in pow but more from the tips... BMTs have a wider tail and do better with a sideways slarve whereas the BG carries a driven turn more completely. BG res shape is undeflectable while the BMT gets kicked once in a while.

Bottom line for me: BMT needs more attention and balance, BG is more intuitive.
    I had a great day out today on BMT109s where they performed great - besides the rock each ski decided to greet and hug. They are just great skis. Yet this quote was living a merry life going on repeat inside my head all day long. Not good Norse, not good - this summer could turn out to be expensive...

sf, did you end up trying any of the suggested skis?

Nope. Corvus is not for me I think. If I had to buy something today it would be the bg108 or the m-free.
    But the camber on the m-free freaks me out, regardless of all the stellar reviews

BG108s and MF108s ski pretty differently imho. Both are mighty fine skis I might add, though the ON3P and Dynastar threads cover the differences pretty well + the differences are like you'd expect from the differences in shapes and flex patterns. I prefer Woodsman108s to MF108s though, I prefer BG108s to Woodsman108s in slush and I think I prefer Woodsman108s to BG108s in deeper snow - though the latter will have to wait till next season. Woodsman108tours feel kinda similar to MF108s in deeper/fresh snow, just without the mass.

I agree for the most part with Norse above re BMT109 vs BG108, he sums them up nicely. That being said, it is not really fair to compare a 176 BMT109 to a 184 BG108 as the difference in length will be the biggest factor making them feel different, but I find BMTs to be a bit looser and a hoot in soft snow, whereas BG108 retain the standard BG pivotability and amps it up to 11 wrt slaying of slush. Both are outstanding skis. It will be interesting to see if BG108s are updated for 2022 like the standard BG seemingly will.

Yeah, waiting for the on3p-2022 offerings is also part of my reluctance.

Re the bg108 and m-free 108 they are absolutely somewhat different, and would take on different roles in the quiver.

If BG I'd probably keep the wren102 and perhaps the wren108 in the quiver.

If m-free, at least on Wren would go, maybe both. Then add something narrower, but more playful. Rustler 9 etc.

yeah, I totally get where you are coming from. I do not think you can go wrong either way though.

MF108s is probably the ski out of the bunch - wren108, BG108 and MF108 - that is the most versatile, both across conditions and speeds, especially in the big boy length of 192. The 182s are fun too and they are solid on groomers and on edge. I still prefer the slightly stronger feel of the Woodsman108s - especially in deeper snow - with a pair of w108tours for touring duties or if my knee starts acting up again and want less ski to contend with, though to be frank - I would be 98% happy with MF108s or Wildcat108s as the mid 100s ski in my quiver. All are great skis.

I hope ON3P's 2022 lineup is released soon. There should be quite a bit of updates this year across most of the lines if the info that has been sanctioned so far is correct. Will be exciting to say the least. Luckily I cannot afford to buy any more skis for 2022, so that together with being fairly happy with my current and somewhat bloated quiver makes my wallet less nervous for the launch then in years past.