Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    On another note, does anyone have a local source for frame protection tape? OGE, Skirack, OSH, and Earls don't currently have any.
    Allspeed in Portland has some ride wrap in stock if that helps

Gorilla tape clear. My friend just covered his new ripmo in it. Looks sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Gorilla tape clear. My friend just covered his new ripmo in it. Looks sweet.

Word is thats all good until you try and remove it and the paint and decals come off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I'm almost out of my second tub of splat goo!
    Hey TC. Heal up. I am not sure I get out to KTA in Oct. Will shoot you a PM if I’m heading that way. Sorry about the arm.
    Uno mas

Word is thats all good until you try and remove it and the paint and decals come off with it.
    Oh shit. I should prolly let him know…

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

No paint/decals makes it easier for the skells to rattle can a new color.

On another note, does anyone have a local source for frame protection tape? OGE, Skirack, OSH, and Earls don't currently have any.
    Do you cover your skis with that so they look as fresh as you in your Bogner? Or is it Bognar?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Do you cover your skis with that so they look as fresh as you in your Bogner? Or is it Bognar?
    Everyone knows that FRS is the new Bogner.

Hey I was driving by a yard sale and saw a hard travel case for a bike. Always wanted one and it was $20 so I got it.
    No plans for a trip now, but if anyone in New England needs one you can borrow it. It has wheels and seems solid. Serfas, I think.
    I have been the recipient of generosity and kindness here, happy for an opportunity to pay it forward.
    I am hoping for a mud season trip to AZ or something like that.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Everyone knows that FRS is the new Bogner.
    I had to look that up and I'm still not sure wtf an FRS is!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Hey I was driving by a yard sale and saw a hard travel case for a bike. Always wanted one and it was $20 so I got it.
    No plans for a trip now, but if anyone in New England needs one you can borrow it. It has wheels and seems solid. Serfas, I think.
    I have been the recipient of generosity and kindness here, happy for an opportunity to pay it forward.
    I am hoping for a mud season trip to AZ or something like that.
    Nice score! I always demo bikes on trips, but man it is costly. Almost worth buying a new one!

Got caught in a downpour last night. Jeez, it just keeps raining here. This has been the summer of no dust, which is nice, but we only had short periods of dry trails. Some wet areas never dried. Strange days. Fire warmed us up post ride.
    Last edited by jackstraw; 10-01-2021 at 07:21 AM.

FreeRide Systems

try to keep up
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I had to look that up and I'm still not sure wtf an FRS is!
    What - are you still wearing FlyLow?

Turn in your mag card at the door on your way out.

Haha! I'm an old skool Patagucci geek. I don't know any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Shark bite! Seriously though, heal fast. Details willing to share? Where..how? Dealing with that out in the woods must have sucked.
    Goes without saying but it sucked big time.

Literally was JRA on a mellow trail in Cape Elizabeth I’ve ridden 1,000 times, got a little close to a tree and scuffed my arm in about the same fashion we’ve all done many times and it usually results in a scrape, some bark dirt or nothing at all. I didn’t stop, hardly slowed me down. So I continue to JRA and I’m looking at my arm thinking is that a leaf hanging off it? Nope, that’s my skin. Fuck!

Now I’m riding out to my van with one hand in the air saying fuck a lot. Get back to the van grab a buff and a BD strap to hold the shit in place, sort of.

Drive to emergency and spent three hours there getting X-ray and waiting for the dude with mad sewing skills to be available.

Stitches are out but wound management protocols in place for a bit yet.

I haven’t gone back to look at the tree yet, there’s gotta be a screw or something that I hit. Or as Singlecross told me I just have old man skin now

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

That's a nasty wound!

Sitting between Lenox and Pittsfield for a few days. Any good mtb-ing right here?

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    That's a nasty wound!

Sitting between Lenox and Pittsfield for a few days. Any good mtb-ing right here?
    Never ridden there, but heard some good things: https://www.trailforks.com/region/kennedy-park/

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Never ridden there, but heard some good things: https://www.trailforks.com/region/kennedy-park/
    Please report back if you (or anyone) goes. Went hiking there with kiddos last fall. Covered whatever amount of ground a 2 and 4 yr old can cover in an hour, so didn't see much. But it's in a good spot to meetup with some out of state friends, so curious to go back if its worth it.

I’m up in Underhill for a week if anyone wants to ride—rehabbing a broken hand so not getting too crazy, but looking forward to checking out the brewster river trails.

Kennedy Park is a bunch of fun. Go into the Arcadian Shop when you park before you head into the trails and ask Erik or Ken in the bike repair shop downstairs for some trail suggestions for best directions to make fun loops.

Awesome! Thanks guys. I'm 2.5 miles from Arcadian. Little too wet today, but looks like it could dry out over the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Kennedy Park is a bunch of fun. Go into the Arcadian Shop when you park before you head into the trails and ask Erik or Ken in the bike repair shop downstairs for some trail suggestions for best directions to make fun loops.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    I’m up in Underhill for a week if anyone wants to ride—rehabbing a broken hand so not getting too crazy, but looking forward to checking out the brewster river trails.
    After work later this week could work. Chamberlain? Cochrans? Saxon?

I may be riding Wed morning. ~9:15 to ~11:00am. One of the areas Peruvian listed above. He’s been hitting evenings and I’ve moved to morning so we’ve been missing each other despite riding the same dirt.
    Uno mas

...Chamberlain? Cochrans? Saxon?
    Say that with an accent and I'd swear I was at King Richard's Fare... ya larp-ing nerd!

Say that with an accent and I'd swear I was at King Richard's Fare... ya larp-ing nerd!
    Say that to my face!

Name:  Image1633383577.486820.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  27.8 KB

I’m due for a sufferfest at the farm. Could probably do Friday afternoon if anybody is down