Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    GF and I rented a house near Burke Mtn for October. She’d love to have a bunch of my imaginary friends over!
    Almost certainly up there a few times that month. Keep us posted.

Will do.

In the meantime we hosted SSUSA this weekend. Many beers were crushed and not many bikes were shifted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65124492719__80C0078F-35CE-4271-91CF-3F9971D0AF39.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	383173

Name:	IMG_1267.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	383174

Name:	IMG_1262.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	383175

Name:	IMG_1263.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	383176

Name:	IMG_1277.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	383177

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Explored more of NorCo yesterday. My girlfriend got her first mountain bike and wants to ride every weekend. Not a hard request to fill.

Opted for the East side trails as it had a nice mix for both of us. I am continuously blown away by the work being done there. Cardiac Hill is a legit climb, albeit short. Rattlesnake -> cheater -> outer limits is awesome.

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	383225

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	383226

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	383227

Feckn' hot and muggy Saturday. Lurker Jerry and I drifted down to W Woodstock to roll some tacky dirt. This Hawaiian style totem was appropriate for the thick air.

Name:	20210822_124707.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	383241

Topped this hill 3 times to spin the different downhill routes. South trail was so much fun that we repeated it. The pictured gully trail that runs side to side was fun for the Branson flight moments at the high point.

Name:	20210822_124552.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	383242

Wobbled up the switchbacks to this point due to one eye shut due to sweat overload and the other one barely useable. Trying to mop off with a glove was like swiping a sponge across my face. Actually stood on the little stump on the left to wipe my face on the flags after wringing out my gloves and headband
    Hung out with my friend A*** across the street after, she served up cold brews and snacks on the deck. Stopped at Sushi Yoshi on the way back home. Good time though hoping it cools off at some point.

Name:	20210822_124631.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	383243
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^Get offa' my lawn

Rode Sleepy Hollow with Cantdog today- he may have pics, but my phone stayed in my sweat-soaked pocket while I huffed and puffed around that (super fun) torture chamber. Homeboy showed up with a 15 mile ride planned, I tilted the scale to a 5 miler.

Newsflash! SH is hard!

Pretty dang rad though.

Name:	IMG_1277.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	383177
    Bumping this thread for this overlooked gem.

also... HAWT ENUFF FOW YAH!?

Will do.

In the meantime we hosted SSUSA this weekend. Many beers were crushed and not many bikes were shifted.

Name:	IMG_1263.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	383176

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    Nice! My buddy Mike is the guy in the Whitey Tighties and that’s his Firetruck, one of many.

Anyone ride the Overland today?

I didn’t ride but heard a 15 y.o. Kid took 2nd to Boswell.

Don’t know his name but I have a feeling he will be on the pro tour in 4-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Anyone ride the Overland today?
    Oh yeah! Rode with my wife and another lady friend through the first (very) rainy hour or so. Dealt with a guy who hit the ground hard for about 45 minutes then hammered out what I could at the end. Major mayhem everywhere. The ground was littered with glasses, bottles, tools and seat bags. Not to mention the people fixing flat tires after the first descent…
    Real fun overall but super muddy! Lots of roadies bobbling around out there

2021 NE - Flatten That Berm

Quote Originally Posted by hball View Post
    Lots of roadies bobbling around out there
    Hahahaha - Zwift fitness can only get you so far on the Class IV.

2021 NE - Flatten That Berm

I skipped it, $125 is way past my limit to suffer for 3 or 4 hours, that and 1,500 folks in a mass start, nah man, I’m good! My buddies said it was gritty, shit-ton of mechanicals.
    The best event on the calendar is less than two weeks out now, the Dirty Pizza. New course this year, windmills are back! Worth it for pizza alone.

https://www.bikereg.com/50365
    Last edited by buttahflake; 08-30-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I skipped it, $125 is way past my limit to suffer for 3 or 4 hours, that and 1,500 folks in a mass start, nah man, I’m good! My buddies said it was gritty, shit-ton of mechanicals.
    The best event on the calendar is less than two weeks out now, the Dirty Pizza. New course this year, windmills are back! Worth it for pizza alone.

https://www.bikereg.com/50365
    $125? Fuck, I hope that includes a t-shirt and a couple beers.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Only 1 beer :O

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    $125 was early reg fee. i think it topped out at $165.

Considering selling my M/L Chromag Surface hardtail frame if anyone's interested. I figured I'd try to sell local first to avoid the shipping hassles. PM me if you're interested or want details.

https://us.chromagbikes.com/products/frames-surface

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Nice! My buddy Mike is the guy in the Whitey Tighties and that’s his Firetruck, one of many.
    He was pretty fast, heard he had two pairs on for comfort. Pulled into the parking lot in that rig with the lights flashing, rips a big donut and parks.

Would all you shop rats, bartenders and otherwise keep an eye out for the girl in this article?

She's an old college friend that has gone AWOL, I know the article says she's been found but she hasn't. Her sister has been updating me on general whereabouts as they're piecing together her movements from a credit card bill they have eyes on.

She's been all over New England in the past month, Portsmouth, Portland, Berkshires, Burlington, Saratoga and Lake Placid. Seems to be on the move quite a bit, stays a day or two in a hotel and skips on down the road. Likes to shop at gear stores, spends about $400 each time.

Her sister asked if I knew someplace to post this up that wouldn't be seen by Lisa, I was like I've got just the spot.

Shoot me a message if you get any hits, thanks

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/...hyTMVWedk0oja8

Any camping recommendations for a weekend at Green Woodlands? It looks to me like D' Acres is probably the best bet for trail access.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Any camping recommendations for a weekend at Green Woodlands? It looks to me like D' Acres is probably the best bet for trail access.
    I think the parking spot on Clough Rd is the best for big days at Green’s. It’s basically right in the middle of the network. Easy to get back to the car for a pit stop if needed.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Lurker Jerry and I are going to Slate Valley tomorrow and looking for a 15-20 mile loop of interesting trail. Any recs on parking/ride appreciated. Going to be a great day to ride with the nice weather.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Lurker Jerry and I are going to Slate Valley tomorrow and looking for a 15-20 mile loop of interesting trail. Any recs on parking/ride appreciated. Going to be a great day to ride with the nice weather.
    Bummer I missed this ask… Hope you had fun here. For the record the network is accessible from all the parking lots since there is an easy trail connecting everything. Country club parking is becoming popular because it is centrally located, has food and you can access the state park for swimming. Fairgrounds parking is sweet too with river swimming right across the street and East Poultney general store just down the road for food and bevs.

The must hits are certainly Hunker Down, Birdie and whatever else in between. Starting at fairgrounds I’d do: cliffhanger, cotton candy, bigtop, Carnie, connector, back nine, upper porcupine, hunker down, lower and upper ledges then over to upper and lower Birdie then back on the fairgrounds connector and ringmaster to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by hball View Post

The must hits are certainly Hunker Down, Birdie and whatever else in between. Starting at fairgrounds I’d do: cliffhanger, cotton candy, bigtop, Carnie, connector, back nine, upper porcupine, hunker down, lower and upper ledges then over to upper and lower Birdie then back on the fairgrounds connector and ringmaster to the car.
    That right there, is a good day.

Honestly, the VO looks like it was miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Honestly, the VO looks like it was miserable.
    agreed