Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Are the berms getting flattened by the emoto?
    Ha!

We have a few berms out there and they hit them completely wrong! Up too high and blowing them out. That's pissing people off. I built 95% of this network, but I hardly ever ride out there anymore because it's turned into such a junkshow due to multiple reasons, but especially because some wackjob has painted every trail with huge colored arrows on trees, boulders, roots. I've posted some pics in here previously of that shit. It is my ride "out the door" spot. It's pretty fun, but we have much better options down the road so I opt for that instead.

Have a kids spring break “ski” trip scheduled for Gore next weekend Apr2-4. Wondering if I should bring bikes as well given current weather. Any idea if trails up there are even remotely rideable yet? Any resources I could check? Briefly looked at trail forks and last update was from November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the height of mud season. Road bikes only for the foreseeable future
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Have a kids spring break “ski” trip scheduled for Gore next weekend Apr2-4. Wondering if I should bring bikes as well given current weather. Any idea if trails up there are even remotely rideable yet? Any resources I could check? Briefly looked at trail forks and last update was from November.

The trails at Gore (or technically the North Creek ski bowl) will not be ready by then. But if next week is warm-ish and dry-ish, there will be stuff ready to go down here in Saratoga and also maybe halfway between in Queensbury/Glens Falls. Maybe not the best stuff, but something. Feel free to shoot me a PM for more info when it gets closer.

Thanks guys, figured as much and will wait and see how weather works out. So much for longer winter, spring hit HARD. It’s going to be 81* here today and super windy, so at least be riding down here in PA

Got a day off friday so looking to venture a little further from home and feeling the need for some gravity. Is anything north running dry yet or should I head south to Diamond Hill in RI?

Reports that southern NH is pretty good now. Bear Brook is still a mess but South of that should be fine.

Parking has become an issue around here. One spot in the Fort Rock area has 3 spaces, so people park on the side of the road. With Covid, commuting is next to nil, so that has made it even worse than it already was. The town just shut down parking on the road which is going to create more overflowing of the other spots. Definitely even a bigger mess is brewing.

Good conditions here. Pic is not fort rock.

It took me almost two years, but my g1 HT is back on dirt again. This is the first time I've ever built up a bike from the frame. It was quite a learning process and my wife was psyched that I had to buy more tools. Still a super fun ride!

where the hell is it dry? I know my local spots are squishy and not in good riding shape.

2021 NE - Flatten That Berm

As dry as it ever gets in Cheshire county right now. The wind hasn’t let up in weeks. Went out yesterday on the town trails, expecting it to be wet, even the slow to dry spots were bone dry.
    From yesterday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617654366.741949.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	370525
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    where the hell is it dry? I know my local spots are squishy and not in good riding shape.
    Concord area and south are good. Did a gravel ride yesterday and mud season is pretty much over.

Ha just got back from Gore and Whiteface, skiing was pretty fun, but thinking I coulda ridden based on what I saw of North Creek ski bowl. Woulda been cool to ski and then ride, but kids were pretty tired from all day ski anyway.

Rez trails in Woodstock NOT ready.

[not me riding, just out for a stroll]

Name:	20210405_195538.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	4.79 MB 
ID:	370555
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

My pic is Fort Rock. Everything around here is super dry...too dry for April.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Looks like a road trip is in my future. We are still a “no go” in the Portland area, save Smith preserve in Kennebunk. If I weren’t in Carrabassett this weekend, I’d head south for sure. Glad to see so many getting out already

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Looks like a road trip is in my future. We are still a “no go” in the Portland area, save Smith preserve in Kennebunk. If I weren’t in Carrabassett this weekend, I’d head south for sure. Glad to see so many getting out already
    You skiing this weekend? I'll probably be working in one of the lines doing mask patrol

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    You skiing this weekend? I'll probably be working in one of the lines doing mask patrol
    Indeed. I’ll be up Friday thru Sunday

I need to get out of my swamp more often.

WCoTA has a group ride going tonight in BF, and saw that some FOTW networks have a couple/few trails prepped, dry, and open. Things are afoot! MTB is nigh!!

STAY OFF CLOSED TRAILS!

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    WCoTA has a group ride going tonight in BF, and saw that some FOTW networks have a couple/few trails prepped, dry, and open. Things are afoot! MTB is nigh!!

STAY OFF CLOSED TRAILS!
    Long range forecast is looking sunny and warm. Almost there!

What’s with the pine cones this spring? Never seen so many! There was a youngish woman hand raking the trails today, kinda random, I said thanks! More trails are popping up in town. Love being able to ride out of the garage and be on the network two minutes later.

Name:	Image1617741322.177759.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	370628
    crab in my shoe mouth

I need to get out of my swamp more often.
    Yeah, where are you? Beech?

SHP, Fort Rock, Hampton, Seabrook, Georgetown/Willow, MtA, Pease, Rye are all in play.

I willbe down at the parents’ in N. Hampton in a few weeks, good to know things are rideable.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Yeah, where are you? Beech?

SHP, Fort Rock, Hampton, Seabrook, Georgetown/Willow, MtA, Pease, Rye are all in play.
    Kingman is accessible from my backyard, so that's usually my go to when I can steal a few minutes. Been spending more time helping my 4 year old with the strider lately so she can use her new purple pedal bike waiting in the garage.