Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Judging by the size of this dump, this bear shits not only in the woods, but wherever it wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

^^^Holy crap!!!

Sunny Hollow was very crowded tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631063266.475237.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	384769

I’m digging the new furniture being built in Gilbrook Nature Area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1631063401.775566.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	384770

one of the local "Flow" trails.

its pretty steep. 14 percent average grade with over 25 percent at the steepest.

Anybody else going to the FOTW meet up at Saxon Hill tonight?

The last few weeks have pretty much sucked. Nearly 14" of rain in 2 weeks has things pretty soggy.

Slate Valley is the best. Finally rode the place connecting the two zones instead of one or the other- it's just freakin' awesome there. Sick race for the kiddos for the first half of the day too- a young man on a Tanglefoot drop-bar, fully rigid monstercross finished quite respectably in the boy's A race. Pretty bad-a$$ show of local pride right there.

Again- Poultney, it's what's for dinner.

Eastern States Cup Enduro/DH at Sugarloaf this weekend was a huge success, 474 registered racers and probably 500 spectators on the hill yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/crnemba/pho...59673797411670

Pinkbike write up on the ESC race

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Eastern-S...vv4Gne6fWuwRHQ

Anyone got kiddos racing in Randolph tomorrow? Stoked to check out their trails.

Hey east people - GF and I are traveling to VT to see friends and foliage 9/29-10/8. Staying in Burlington the first 4 nights, then Sugarbush for 2 nights (got a mistake deal on a condo for $5 for 2 nights lol), then Waterbury the rest of the trip. We'll have quite a bit of time to ride bikes and will have our gear, but just a tiny rental car so need to be able to rent and ride from the shop.

-Planning to hit kingdom trails at least once as it's great and I've rented/rode there before.
    -Any thoughts on where to rent in the mad river valley? Should we just ride lifts, or is there a good shop to rent and trail ride from?
    -I rode Cady Hill in Stowe last time I was in town and it was an easy rental right on the mountain road across from the trailhead. Anything/anywhere else worth checking out in Stowe or Waterbury?
    -Anything I'm missing that is must do?

We generally like trail riding, usually 10-20ish miles up to about 2k vert in UT but are open to any style of riding in VT as long as it's easy to make happen as a rental car tourist.

I think we're pretty set on food/drink recs for Burlington but would be open to hearing about anything newer in the mad river valley/waterbury/stowe zone that is can't miss. I moved away almost 10 years ago now so I'm sure a lot has changed. Thanks!

My experience with rentals is you go with the shop that actually has them available. I ended up renting in littleton NH for KT as none of the KT area places had bikes available.

Hey J, bush has rentals but don't waste your money on the lift, it's not good in any way. Drive an hour to K for lift if you want some vert.
    Plenty to ride from the condo, mix of old school tech and machine built rubble rousing.
    I can likely get out for a tour if you want.

I can't speak to lodging much but for riding beyond Cady Hill between Stowe/Waterbury/Burlington:

Adam's Camp and Trapp lodge trails connect to Cady and are worth a go. They've done some recent trail building there and it's pretty damn fun.

Cochran's ski area in Richmond has some the best trails in the area, IMHO

Perry Hill in Waterbury a classic spot with some great techy trails and some machine built.

Bolton Valley also has some very gnarly lift served riding but I'm not sure of their lift schedule now that its fall.

It's all on Trailforks so that's a good place to start.

Can you rent from Cochran’s or Sleepy Hollow? Who rents in Stowe? Ranch Camp? Pinnacle Sports? Mtn Ops? Are there any rentals in the Mad River/Waterbury/ Montpelier/ Rochester area? IDK, all I know is we’ve got a crazy amount of good to great riding but no standout rentals that you can ride from shop to trailhead as a tourist with bike transporting requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Can you rent from Cochran’s or Sleepy Hollow? Who rents in Stowe? Ranch Camp? Pinnacle Sports? Mtn Ops? Are there any rentals in the Mad River/Waterbury/ Montpelier/ Rochester area? IDK, all I know is we’ve got a crazy amount of good to great riding but no standout rentals that you can ride from shop to trailhead as a tourist with bike transporting requirements.
    Ranch Camp has rentals and there’s a trailhead for Cady Hill in the parking lot. MtnOps is an easy ride to Haulapalooza to get into Adams Camp. Not sure of other options close to trails other than Bush rentals and getting on the MRR network from there.

The extension to Six Flags opened at Perry this week and it did not disappoint. There’s a few really cool rock features and one really steep new roller. 10/10 would recommend, but not for the faint of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Hey east people - GF and I are traveling to VT to see friends and foliage 9/29-10/8. Staying in Burlington the first 4 nights, then Sugarbush for 2 nights (got a mistake deal on a condo for $5 for 2 nights lol), then Waterbury the rest of the trip. We'll have quite a bit of time to ride bikes and will have our gear, but just a tiny rental car so need to be able to rent and ride from the shop.

-Planning to hit kingdom trails at least once as it's great and I've rented/rode there before.
    -Any thoughts on where to rent in the mad river valley? Should we just ride lifts, or is there a good shop to rent and trail ride from?
    -I rode Cady Hill in Stowe last time I was in town and it was an easy rental right on the mountain road across from the trailhead. Anything/anywhere else worth checking out in Stowe or Waterbury?
    -Anything I'm missing that is must do?

We generally like trail riding, usually 10-20ish miles up to about 2k vert in UT but are open to any style of riding in VT as long as it's easy to make happen as a rental car tourist.

I think we're pretty set on food/drink recs for Burlington but would be open to hearing about anything newer in the mad river valley/waterbury/stowe zone that is can't miss. I moved away almost 10 years ago now so I'm sure a lot has changed. Thanks!
    Mad river valley: mad taco. Then cantina for a maple creemee. Lawson's beer is also there. Hyde away.
    Lift served not awesome. Trails awesome. Look on trailforks. Ride from condo or start at lareau. Stark Mountain bike works was running a shuttle this summer. They are great for info and if you need anything. Blueberry lake also good for intermediate rising and foliage. For a great specific loop look in trailforks at the Cranko de mayo loops.
    As far as ai know and experience rentals are just not available and it's an issue when I was there this summer and my teens bike was stolen. No bikes.
    I would see if you can jam bikes in the rental car wheels off backs seat (pit down a blanket first) and rent them for the entire week. Will be cheaper and easier not dealing with finding a bike all the time.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

jtran - if you are staying in Burly, rent bikes from Outdoor Gear Exchange or Skirack for the whole week. Call now to reserve them. If you want to ride Cochrans/Chamberlain/saxon/Hinesburg/etc after work, shoot me a PM.

@jtran the GF and I have a house for October in Burke, I'll be around to ride most any day.

thanks for the beta so far. I was worried bike rentals may be an issue. OGX does have some rentals in our sizes, but just not sure about fitting 2 full suspension bikes in a small car. That really works!?

ask if they rent trunk racks. maybe someone here can lend you one.
    otherwise: yes I have fit 2 FS bikes, both wheels off, in the backseat of a small car. I am assuming only 2 humans.

thanks for the beta so far. I was worried bike rentals may be an issue. OGX does have some rentals in our sizes, but just not sure about fitting 2 full suspension bikes in a small car. That really works!?
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

WANTED: roof trays wheels-on
    Ahoy New Englanders! My kid just got his first car (2008 forester fancy LLBEAN shit), no trailer hitch but has factory 'aero racks' so I am looking for a both-wheels-on roof tray or two for him. Maybe you have one collecting dust you would like to sell. These are expensive to ship. We will drive up from Cape Cod to VT50 this weekend so covering some ground and could pick up. I have some thule square bars if you want them, I also have a pair of very old 1upUSA trays that only fit square or round bars and don't really work for 29ers.
    Danke!
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    @jtran the GF and I have a house for October in Burke, I'll be around to ride most any day.
    Looks like we'll be riding kingdom trails 10/4 - we're not working that day. Would love to connect if you're free in the AM/midday!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Hey J, bush has rentals but don't waste your money on the lift, it's not good in any way. Drive an hour to K for lift if you want some vert.
    Plenty to ride from the condo, mix of old school tech and machine built rubble rousing.
    I can likely get out for a tour if you want.
    Sugarbush bike shop is only open weekends right now but I'll give them a call Saturday to try and make reservations for 10/3. Won't plan on riding lifts.

Ending up just doing day rentals at different spots - have a rental in stowe booked 10/1, east burke sports 10/4. Hopefully sugarbush 10/3.

Is it reasonable to ride cady hill and adams camp in one day (connecting via the bike path)?

Is it reasonable to ride cady hill and adams camp in one day (connecting via the bike path)?
    100% reasonable.
    Cady Hill--Strawberry Hill Farm--Stowe High--Pipeline--Tucks--Haulapalooza UP--Hardy Haul UP--Cheddar-Shredder--Kimmers DOWN --Hardy Haul UP--Haulapalooza DOWN--Wreck Path back to town OR up Edson Hill Rd to Sterling Trails. Everything connects with limited road sections. Bottom of Haulapalooza to Sterling is the only real road section if you want to go up there from that side of town, and if you do, you can return to town largely on singletrack.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    100% reasonable.
    Cady Hill--Strawberry Hill Farm--Stowe High--Pipeline--Tucks--Haulapalooza UP--Hardy Haul UP--Cheddar-Shredder--Kimmers DOWN --Hardy Haul UP--Haulapalooza DOWN--Wreck Path back to town OR up Edson Hill Rd to Sterling Trails. Everything connects with limited road sections. Bottom of Haulapalooza to Sterling is the only real road section if you want to go up there from that side of town, and if you do, you can return to town largely on singletrack.
    Awesome thanks