Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I really want to make it up this line! So far it's a no go.
    It's a fun little down.

Found this gem while riding Hadlock yesterday. I didn’t dare get closer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1025.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	377181

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I really want to make it up this line! So far it's a no go.
    It's a fun little down.
    Eeeby MacKaskill could do it

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQHDM...dium=copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Exactly. I tried to think of how he would tackle it and I think he'd just hop up. If there was a clean run in, speed would do it, but there isn't and what little speed I generate gets thrown by the rock ledgey stuff at the base. It's a puzzle beyond me! We built the "up" just to the left of the picture, so this was never meant to be an up for the normal Joe's.

Aqueduct trails
    Had a great ride and love the slash ridge ,contagious stuf dark rich soil super build
    Nice climbing up routes too
    Lost some off map routes due to logging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    legend in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by surface whore View Post
    Aqueduct trails
    Had a great ride and love the slash ridge ,contagious stuf dark rich soil super build
    Nice climbing up routes too
    Lost some off map routes due to logging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hell yeah!

GW

Name:	Image1624143653.131583.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	377475

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Today was lift-served day four at Mt. Abram for me, and I managed 14 laps before the lift shut down for lunch at 12:45. I finally rode Yellowjacket, about which I'd been nervous--if it turned out to be completely over my head, it was going to be a long way to walk the bike down.

Turns out, it's not all that bad, at least on a modern, full squish bike. There are go-rounds on all of the significant drops, and otherwise it's mostly classic New England--plenty of rocks and roots, many of which are pointing in inconvenient directions.

I saw everything from guys in full DH mode (armor, DH bikes, etc) to a kid well under 10 on a fully rigid bike and another kid on a tagalong type thing (not sure what the actual policy, if any, is on those--one of the lifties was asking the others the first time the guy loaded, but I was on the chair before they answered). I also saw some of the full-DH-mode guys catch said tagalong on the newest flow trail, and as best I could tell from they lift, nobody seemed put out by that.

Overall, I continue to be impressed with the scene; the chair is still slow, while the new trail work is really sweet but there are still only seven lift served trails, but it's a pretty damn good way to spend at least half a day.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Hitting green woodlands Sunday for first time. Friends suggest Norris hill but what else? Going with my teen, skipping his race to just go ride. I said he could choose Highland or Green Woodlands. So glad he chose GW. I suspect Highland would have a pretty long wait at the lift Sunday.
    Happy solstice and full moon
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Just booked a day at Highland bike park for late July. Kind of stoked to have a day on the bike during a week with the extended family on Lake Winnie

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Hitting green woodlands Sunday for first time. Friends suggest Norris hill but what else? Going with my teen, skipping his race to just go ride. I said he could choose Highland or Green Woodlands. So glad he chose GW. I suspect Highland would have a pretty long wait at the lift Sunday.
    I've only been there once, but for fun stuff, I don't think there is much more than up to the Norris stuff and then loop into Xylem, Wagon Wheel, Ledges. There are some outlying trails I didn't have time for, but there was also quite a bit of dbl track. But for pedaling, it's a decent workout, just not that long unless you ride some mellow stuff. Check out Trailforks.

The new stuff on the western end is fun and beautiful. Sorry I can’t remember trail names- but it’s the trailhead way down N Dorchester rd. Norris Hill from top to bottom is ill fun- like 2 miles and a thousand feet of flowtastic descending. Before hitting that, ride further out to the hut up top (again- I suck at remembering trail names)- the descent from there back to the double track is also worth it for views and flowy fun. Don’t expect any technical riding, but you can get 30 miles of faaaaast fun (and mellow climbing) out of that place. Maps at most trail junctions too, so hard to get lost. Have a ball.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^yeah, cool. I'm going to head up again and explore some more.

https://www.greenwoodlandsfoundation.org/trail-maps

I prefer riding in a generally clockwise direction. Park off 118, up to Norris Hill, down to the brook then a loop of the new stuff by Town Line Pond, head back and hit Ledges back to the parking lot. Sorry, I'm with Biggins and can't remember trail names.

Any mags up in CV this weekend? The Mrs and I are headed up and we’re thinking of checking out Freeman Ridge Bike Park as well as sugarloaf.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    I prefer riding in a generally clockwise direction. Park off 118, up to Norris Hill, down to the brook then a loop of the new stuff by Town Line Pond, head back and hit Ledges back to the parking lot. Sorry, I'm with Biggins and can't remember trail names.
    Heading back there next week. Only been a few times, but machine made flow is a change from my usual rock and rootastic local stuff.

Headed to Jackson/North Conway July 9-25. Bringing my mountain bike. Anyone around and want to ride?

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    I don't know names either. I cheat with maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Just booked a day at Highland bike park for late July. Kind of stoked to have a day on the bike during a week with the extended family on Lake Winnie
    Ott, here's a little sample of what you'll ride. Short vert, but fun!

https://youtu.be/NS_RFNcuQ7U

Yeah, we are stoked. Short very will be perfect for my wife who needs work on her downhill. Not to tired of braking hands.

We tried to figure out trails to peddle with bike rentals nearby. We have a bunch of options like that in Santa Cruz and Aptos. We had no luck in our NH search so ended up with a lift served day.

The boy is super stocked. He does not hate climbing, but he very much prefers downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Yeah, we are stoked. Short very will be perfect for my wife who needs work on her downhill. Not to tired of braking hands.

We tried to figure out trails to peddle with bike rentals nearby. We have a bunch of options like that in Santa Cruz and Aptos. We had no luck in our NH search so ended up with a lift served day.

The boy is super stocked. He does not hate climbing, but he very much prefers downhill.
    I believe you can link in to the xc network from the top of the lift too if you want to get a little pedaling in on some more natural trails. Hey Joe and Stumpline are fun.

The lot at the Outdoor center was the busiest I’ve seen it, yet never saw more than a handful of people all day.

It was rad to see so many people of varying abilities getting ready to go out; there were little kids, moms who were clearly first-timers, dudes in full on Lycra, and such.

“Rode” the Real Deal for the first time, albeit very ugly and sloppy. Trail is legit and had some awesome natural features.

One of the rolls on Real Deal

Name:	IMG_1083.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	378081

Name:	IMG_1087.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	378082

This spot was suuuuuper green along the Carrabassett.

Name:	IMG_1091.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	378083

Nice Addict! I was up there Thursday/Friday, you should hit Freeman Ridge for sure. Spence is doing good things over there, I understand Rolling Fatties has a Tiki Bar now too!

Hey my son's orange trek Roscoe with blue pedals grips bottle cage was just stolen from my hitch rack outside dos amigos burrito concord. Thief cut the lock. We were away for maybe 5 minutes. In main st. Please keep an eye out thanks.
    Last ride was great at green woodlands...
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Hey my son's orange trek Roscoe with blue pedals grips bottle cage was just stolen from my hitch rack outside dos amigos burrito concord. Thief cut the lock. We were away for maybe 5 minutes. In main st. Please keep an eye out thanks.
    Last ride was great at green woodlands...
    Shit, didn't know my hood was that rough. Hoping your son's bike is recovered and the thief contracts a nasty parasite.