Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Kingman is accessible from my backyard, so that's usually my go to when I can steal a few minutes. Been spending more time helping my 4 year old with the strider lately so she can use her new purple pedal bike waiting in the garage.
    Nice! I've actually never ridden there and it's right up the street from my work. Buddy of mine who has built a bunch at Fort Rock is building a connector along the tracks to Beech, College woods, and Kingman from Dover. I did hear some stuff went down in the past few years where some rogue trails were shut down in Kingman I think. I honestly don't know the difference between the 3 spots. They're all pretty close to each other it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Nice! I've actually never ridden there and it's right up the street from my work. Buddy of mine who has built a bunch at Fort Rock is building a connector along the tracks to Beech, College woods, and Kingman from Dover. I did hear some stuff went down in the past few years where some rogue trails were shut down in Kingman I think. I honestly don't know the difference between the 3 spots. They're all pretty close to each other it seems.
    To some extent, but a lot of it was just some timber culling as they tried to eliminate a bunch of diseased wood. Ended up chewing through some of the more interesting singletrack one-shots.
    Also - PM your buddies info. I'm trying to link up some stuff in Madbury so it might tail in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Indeed. I値l be up Friday thru Sunday
    I'll be the guy at Skyline Saturday noon-1:30pm doing maskhole duty who isn't a lifty, change for a nickel

Green Mountain Trails are open!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Green Mountain Trails are open!
    So is Saxon Hill and Sunny Hollow.

Back on the bike after a Tib Plat fracture at Highland back in Aug, and damn does it feel good.

2021 NE - Flatten That Berm

Nice to get out on dry trails in April this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618171871.165543.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	371212

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    Back on the bike after a Tib Plat fracture at Highland back in Aug, and damn does it feel good.
    That痴 great news. Congrats.

Good to heat Phish, and DAAAMMMNN Hank.

Pine hill is all dry and open (save for a couple fenced closures).

got a good ride in today -
    Trails are in good shape, though a still squishy spots in very low-lying areas or areas that see a lot of drainage.
    My body - not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    got a good ride in today -
    Trails are in good shape, though a still squishy spots in very low-lying areas or areas that see a lot of drainage.
    My body - not so much.
    My body has plenty of squishy spots after a winter spent more skiing with kids than training?!?

Did put a bunch of hard days on perfect trails in a row then got crushed on a big road ride Saturday. Mind remembers being fit, body has a way to go right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First ride on dirt this season. Rode the USM side of Gorham which was in stellar shape. At some point I need to do an entire tour of all three areas in Gorham...I壇 speculate it痴 over 50 miles.

A buddy and I are in White River Friday into Saturday for BBQ followed by more mellow rides for him Saturday. Solo ride Friday. Thoughts on where? Boston lot? Mt Peg?

First ride on dirt this season. Rode the USM side of Gorham which was in stellar shape. At some point I need to do an entire tour of all three areas in Gorham...I’d speculate it’s over 50 miles.

A buddy and I are in White River Friday into Saturday for BBQ followed by more mellow rides for him Saturday. Solo ride Friday. Thoughts on where? Boston lot? Mt Peg?
    We just had a fresh round of snow/rain come through last night so it might be questionable if Boston Lot or Peg dry out by the weekend. I'm an hour north so I may be wrong.

That said, Mt. Peg is a blast and is 100% worth checking out if you're around and it's dry.

At some point I need to do an entire tour of all three areas in Gorham...I’d speculate it’s over 50 miles.
    I'm in for that

Yeah- ground just refroze on top and there's an inch of snow over that. Peg is not likely to be ready by Saturday. B Lot/Landmark, maybe? Check Trailforks, should have updates for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Yeah- ground just refroze on top and there's an inch of snow over that. Peg is not likely to be ready by Saturday. B Lot/Landmark, maybe? Check Trailforks, should have updates for ya.
    Hmmmm....thanks for all the info. Maybe a stop in NH on the way is more logical. We dodged the rain in Portland (just a few showers) and the wind today should have the ground back to tack by Friday. I値l keep my eyes on Trailforks, thanks!

@ticketchecker - The tour de Gorham is in the planning stages. I started putting together a logical route. I値l keep you updated.

^^ sounds good, I probably have some other interested riders.

Hmmmm....thanks for all the info. Maybe a stop in NH on the way is more logical. We dodged the rain in Portland (just a few showers) and the wind today should have the ground back to tack by Friday. I値l keep my eyes on Trailforks, thanks!

@ticketchecker - The tour de Gorham is in the planning stages. I started putting together a logical route. I値l keep you updated.
    Yeah- I知 in Lebanon right now and its the same frozen ground and inch of snow as up higher. I think freeze-thaw probably means a no go anywhere around here until next week

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Yeah- I知 in Lebanon right now and its the same frozen ground and inch of snow as up higher. I think freeze-thaw probably means a no go anywhere around here until next week

Bummer but thanks for the heads up.

Also, TC, here is a pretty complete loop at Gorham:
    Trailforks Ride
    https://www.trailforks.com/routepopular/18992760/

I would definitely add Crosby, Thrills, and Dash to the loop as well as completing Higher Education.

A landowner I've done some building for planted bulbs last year on a trail dedicated to his grandmother.

Heading to Gloucester next week with the family, can likely sneak out for a short ride. Where should I go? I like tech and prefer when it points downhill. For reference my go to are Lynn and Billerica.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    A landowner I've done some building for planted bulbs last year on a trail dedicated to his grandmother.
    A guy I know posted almost the same pic on Fb yesterday. That's a cool tribute. I think I'm going to borrow that idea for a few places.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    A guy I know posted almost the same pic on Fb yesterday. That's a cool tribute. I think I'm going to borrow that idea for a few places.
    It's become a super popular place to ride, especially that trail.

Our trail not so much . We wanted to mix in a little more difficult trail to the network and the terrain warranted it anyway. The land owner is an awesome guy, but he did ask that our second build be more friendly to the average joe, so that one is flowy.

Friend of mine buried his dog near a trail he helped build in Falmouth. If you ride the Green Line at Blacstrap say hey to Marley at the top of the hill. That dog loved to go riding with us