Best Search engine for used trucks

Not sure where to put this, maybe tech talk. Anyhow I’m in the market for a used truck. I’m willing to travel a few hundred miles from home to get the one I want at the price I want. I’ve used KBB and cars.com with ok results. Any others I should be looking at? Wanting both dealer and private party.

try allofcraigslist with model/make

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    try allofcraigslist with model/make
    Ok. Wasn’t sure if the CL search tempest was still a legit place to buy a used vehicle. Seemed more scammers the last few years. I’ll give it a go.

CL isn't dead but it seems like a lot of traffic migrated to FB marketplace. That is another option. Same sketchy sellers and buyers.

1. Car gurus. Set range to nationwide.

2. Fb marketplace as mentioned above- change location to widest (100mi).

CL went off a cliff when they started charging to post vehicle ads. Most of the traffic went to facebook marketplace, which blows IMO. Plenty of scams on FB but they are pretty easy to spot. KSL classifieds covers Utah if it's in your radius.

Auto trader? Not sure what you’re lookin for in a truck. That site is mostly dealers ( some sort of accountability) which i like. I’ve bought a few work trucks off of leads from there.

I’ve used both Car Gurus and Car Fax to find vehicles. Pretty easy to filter what you’re looking for and search area.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I bet if you start a thread like the BMills assfinder thread you will get some results!

Auto Trader, Truck Trader, Classic Truck Trader

They all lead to the same place, but I find the search and output to be the best.

I'll add to the search sites I used to find my last vehicle. Cargurus has a pretty good search with all sorts of mechanisms for type of vehicle, or specific brand, model and year range. Also can do mileage, many options, things like if reported in an accident, number of owners, of course and the distance from your zip code you are willing to travel.

Autotempest will do Ebay, Craigslist, Truecar, Carvana, Cars.com, and some others also. Harder to narrow down the search but again can select the distance from you.

As mentioned Autotrader is another one. Sometimes it depends on if you want private seller vs dealer also as to which can narrow down fastest. You just want a truck in a specific price range or looking at a specific brand and model- like only Ford or any GM (Chevy, GMC, etc.)?

Thanks guys. Getting closer to hopefully finding my next truck. I’m being super picky so it is difficult.
    I have tried most sites suggested here but for the life if me cannot get Autotempest to work.
    The truck I am looking for is a 14-17 Ram 1500 Sport 6.5’ bed in white or silver with less than 60k on the clock and under 32k$.

Car Guru's does not list anything newer than 2010 model year when selecting Ram 1500 (under vehicles not Pick up Truck)- so not sure what is wrong with your description. But if you select pickup trucks and then Dodge for the selection, it shows some options (most of them are not 1500's though in your area)... Sport or otherwise....

Here is the Autotempest link for a random ID zip code and 500 mile radius https://www.autotempest.com/results?...silver%2Cwhite

I picked gray, silver and white exterior colors to expand a bit. You may have to not use the vehicle mileage (or increase it to something like 100K) and price limits to start the search also. Just remember that used vehicles you sometimes can't be too picky on color unless you can wait out a hit for the specific one or 2. I would search for any color other than Black and sometimes White when I was shopping for my last 2 vehicles.

Good to get a 14 or newer, most 11-13 dodge, crysler, and jeeps have a “fuel pump relay” failure @ 100k. Recall part- not available to most yet. My Truck has been inoperable since October, I am currently 190th in line for the part with 1 available per week. I am currently 3.6 years away from getting my truck back. hope you have better luck!

I found my Tundra on a GM dealership through Marketplace.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I found mine on Autotrader. Motivated dealerships get these things online asap, I bought mine within 12 hours of trade-in.

Best Search engine for used trucks

I used Autotrader and looked nationally.

Purchased without even seeing it at it as it still had factory warranty through Toyota.

The dealer was motivated to sell because the local economy in Michigan was in the toilet so they dropped price over the phone and split the shipping cost with me.

Now this was in June and the used market for trucks has BLOWN the fuq up since then so who knows if you will find a motivated dealership that would ship but worth a call if you find the right truck.

Just had my rig into ‘yota for a check over and they offered me 8k more than I purchased it for 6 months prior with 10k extra miles on it. Comical honestly how much used trucks are going for!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0174.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	802.3 KB 
ID:	360817

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

AutoList App.