Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Yeah only one rebound and one compression knob on the Select. I backed off compression all the way as recommended but wasn’t sure about a happy starting point for the rebound on a newly installed Runt

Currently things feel the weirdest in corners especially when getting off line. Going straight through chunk is great but hitting bigger rocks when the bike is leaned over feels harsh with more fork dive than I’m used to
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Yeah, that sounds a little like what you'd fix with low speed compression going up a few clicks.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I backed off my lsc in my lyrik rc when I installed the runt but not to zero. Try a few clicks in and see how it feels.

To clarify LSC is no longer zero, I just started there as recommended but clicked it up a bit. I only have 5 or 6 clicks available on my fork and probably at 2 or 3 now

I really like the runt overall, just trying to figure out the mid stroke support a bit more. I also recognize I don’t have a very high end fork and the runt isn’t gonna suddenly give me a better damper
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Not using a Runt, but a similar triple chamber fork (EXT). If you want more mid-stroke, you'll need to increase the ramp chamber. I'm not sure if you're fixed at running the ramp at a certain multiple of the main chamber - if you are, you'll need to increase the main also slightly. On my fork, a 1 psi difference in the ramp chamber is noticeable.

Interesting, so bump the H chamber up a couple psi? I don't care about maintaining a specific ratio I just started with the 2:1 that Diaz recommends but know that's not a requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Interesting, so bump the H chamber up a couple psi? I don't care about maintaining a specific ratio I just started with the 2:1 that Diaz recommends but know that's not a requirement
    Yep, although since your fork suggests a 2:1 ratio and my fork suggests a 1.5:1 ratio, maybe try increasing your H by 4 psi. That way you can bracket down 2 psi if it feels too stiff.

I could be wrong, but the way I understand the way this air chamber system is this:
    * you've got 2 air chambers of different volumes. The L is larger than the H.
    * once you've compressed the fork enough for the L chamber to match the H, you effectively increase the volume of your air chamber.
    * so if you increase H but keep L the same, your initial feel will be the same, but it will become increasingly stiff up to the equalization point (end of mid-stroke).
    * after the equalization point, the slope of the force vs. travel graph drops down again because your air chamber has increased in size

Check out pages 14 & 15 of the EXT Era user manual, there's some graphs to help visualize:
    https://www.extremeshox.com/wp-conte...Manual_1.2.pdf

I will echo Andeh's sentiments. I started with with the Diaz recommendation of 2:1, and think I am currently running a 1.8:1 ratio. It sounds nerdy, but I found keeping notes on settings - ie rebound clicks and H:L ratio - for all the different setup combinations helps with really dialing in the Runt. Also get a digital shock pump.

Yup that all makes sense, thanks! Gonna start taking some notes and yeah my shitty analog shock pump is barely accurate to the nearest 5psi and burps a little air out every time in unscrew it anyway

Every shock pump lets out air when you unscrew it, but it's just from the hose, not the fork/shock. The way the screw on head works is that it closes the valve before the outer seal is broken.

I gotta say I'm so stoked for Diaz and the acceptance of the RUNT. I remember discussing it with him years ago in his apartment when it was basically drawn on a sheet of graph. Discussing meaning him explaining how it would work. Me not understanding. Me explaining some marketing etc... and being supportive for the quest to have small bump sensitivity with mid stroke support in an air fork.

Diaz is a great guy and incredibly bright. Glad mags have found what he has to offer.

Can't express how stoked I am for him to have a full on tuning shop and a successful product.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Diaz’s CNC machine is about ready to go, and he’s opened his site to pre-orders so he can get an idea of what he needs to make in these first few batches. If you want a Runt, now is the time to place that order.
    https://diazsuspensiondesign.com/shop

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tempting. I’ve kinda decided that volume spacers fix one problem and create another.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Also tempted just to see how it feels, but honestly no complaints with my current setup (no tokens, a couple psi over chart, middle-ish compression settings).

Well, just preordered one for a 38. Wonder if it will work with the likely new Fox products next year.
    Last edited by Jtlange; 09-27-2023 at 02:51 PM.

I'm curious if Fox and RS will jump on the dual positive air bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Well Fox is copying the Manitou reverse arch, so they might as well come up with their own version of IRT.