Thread: Topsheet Repair

Topsheet Repair

Cut a gash in my topsheet the other day and I'm wondering if it needs repair and if so, does anyone have any recommendations of how to repair it?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

That’s pretty minor. I recently bought some used skis that a telemarker had chewed up the top sheets. Mixed up a little extra west systems g flex while installing the bindings and has held up well so far.

Painters tape on sidewall and on top sheet around perimeter of the gash.

Fill with enough g flex epoxy to bring gash back up to level with top sheet.

If you want to get fancy, use a sharpie to color the core material showing before applying epoxy.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

X3 on the G-Flex.

I tried a repair with cheap marine epoxy and it didn't take. G-Flex was money.

It does flow more than you'd think so be aware of that.

smoove the edges out a bit with a file, color the core with sharpie and fill it with slow set

but then you cover the epoxy with a piece of plastic ( glad bag is fine ) and use the plastic & some tape to push the epoxy around/hold it to where you want which is to approximate the profile of the topsheet/top edge

if you do this nicely you will get a nicer finish that will look good without filing

as oposed to a big booger shaped glob of slowset on the top sheet of your ski
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by durangobrad View Post
    Painters tape on sidewall and on top sheet around perimeter of the gash.

Fill with enough g flex epoxy to bring gash back up to level with top sheet.

If you want to get fancy, use a sharpie to color the core material showing before applying epoxy.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
    This
    Flash the epoxy w/ heat gun or hair dryer to get rid of air bubbles and let cure in warm environs.