Nordica/Blizzard plug boot inbounds?

Hey guys, hoping I could maybe get an answer to this

When it comes to the 130 WC lineup, do all boots have the EDT? It's a bit confusing/hard to compare as there is little info online about the lineup regarding EDT. I've read the EDT boots are cold, any experience?

Furthermore, I am planning to use this boot inbounds...don't ask, skinny foot. What should I expect to get into? Am I going to die? I am planning to have 7mm lifters machined for the boots, but I expect the boot will still be slippery?

Thanks
    Last edited by morphintoskittle; 01-24-2021 at 10:20 PM.

Everyone functioned with hard plastic soles for decades. It’s fine. Are you scrambling up rocks? No? Don’t worry about it.

If you do worry about it, you can always retrofit rubber soles on and grind the toe and heel lug to maintain din specs

Yeah, plastic soles are fine. You might die on a wet linoleum floor in the lodge, but that won't be an issue until next year at least.

In all seriousness, I ski Head Raptors and figured I'd add the rubber soles if I needed to. Haven't ever been tempted.

Been skiing Dobie's for nearly 20 yrs. I have the EDT 130's and another pair of 150's WC's that are softened.

The first year or two of the EDT has a metal boot board and therefore was cold. They then replaced it. This was all a few years ago. Are you looking at old Dobie's or current ones? The cold ones/metal boot board ones are quite a few years ago. Current boots are different. If I remember right the EDT era was a 95mm last and the matte black ones before and supposedly after are like 92 or 93mm lasts. Slightly different stance/forward lean as well.

If you have skinny feet go for it.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26C65A42-AE89-4958-A0F1-EC5564A34D8F.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	516.7 KB 
ID:	359582

Don’t suffer. Get a Cast or Head Raptor Vibram set of DIN lifters - above is a Dobie plug & Cast

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Been skiing Dobie's for nearly 20 yrs. I have the EDT 130's and another pair of 150's WC's that are softened.

The first year or two of the EDT has a metal boot board and therefore was cold. They then replaced it. This was all a few years ago. Are you looking at old Dobie's or current ones? The cold ones/metal boot board ones are quite a few years ago. Current boots are different. If I remember right the EDT era was a 95mm last and the matte black ones before and supposedly after are like 92 or 93mm lasts. Slightly different stance/forward lean as well.

If you have skinny feet go for it.
    So all modern 130 WC's are EDT, just without the metal?

So from my research, it seems that EDT is just no longer in the naming convention for these boots? And all 2014ish+ Dobermann wc 130's are the same, as far as EDT goes? Just looking for confirmation on this before I pull the trigger on a pair...

Quote Originally Posted by morphintoskittle View Post
    So from my research, it seems that EDT is just no longer in the naming convention for these boots? And all 2014ish+ Dobermann wc 130's are the same, as far as EDT goes? Just looking for confirmation on this before I pull the trigger on a pair...
    Im pretty sure they only make one edition of the WCs these days, so whatever your getting is probably it.

Yes. Just buy them. But I warn you. You’ll forever hate touring boots after getting accustomed to the scalpel precision of skiing a Doberman. I’m personally considering going cast and Doberman for touring, undone buckles for walk mode.

Zero other boots ski as well as Doberman’s and its cousins (such as the Tecnica R series).

IIRC the ultra cold EDT models had a clear window in the heel where you could see the metal boot board. Just avoid those.

Thanks for the input guys, bought em. Super stoked! Especially because I've never been in a good fitting boot. As far as touring boots go, I already absolutely hate mine...this will be interesting

Thanks for the input guys, bought em. Super stoked! Especially because I've never been in a good fitting boot. As far as touring boots go, I already absolutely hate mine...this will be interesting
    Be prepared to hate them even more. And even though you didn’t get the ultra cold model. Dobermans aren’t warm.

All plugs are going to come with a thinner liner. Awesome for precision and response, horrible for warmth. My plugs are alright until about 10-15 deg F. After that I start get a little cold. If you have any extra volume in the boot you may be able to rig up a hottronics system. Like everyone else has said, sacrificing cold feet for the power and precision are definitely worth it.

Touring boots are great for...touring. If you want a boot for skiing, the Doberman is great option.