Dropper posts pnw vs one up

My reverb is creaking and has some play. I want to replace with a 200-210mm post. Primary candidates are pnw loam post and oneup v2. Both should fit at full drop. Pnw has a new lifetime warranty and might be more reliable. Anyone ridden both? Open to other options in the $200 range as well, don’t want to double the budget for a revive since I already broke my bike budget on wheels this year.

I have the OneUp on my spur. No complaints or issues with it yet. I've heard quite a few people having issues with it but Oneup seems to be taking care of them.

The Revive on my Mojo3 is 4 yrs old now and has been flawless. Despite higher cost that's still what I'd be getting if I had to buy a new post.

The first generation oneups would get a bit sticky, but I had no issues with my V2 that I ran for a year in a variety of conditions.

My OneUp V2 got a bit sticky after the first muddy ride and has never recovered despite extensive cleaning and regreasing. It also gets mega sluggish in the cold. It's a minor annoyance.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

pinkbike review also indicates the PNW holds up better in the mud so I am leaning that direction alsong with the new lifetime warranty. Need to measure my stack again before I try to find one in stock.

PNW is good.

I can't speak about the loam dropper because I've never used it, but I have used their cascade dropper and it works really well, no issues. And considering that the cascade is the base model, I can only assume that the loam is even better.

Dropper posts pnw vs one up

Dammit now you’ve all got me looking at the Loam. My Giant dropper is slow in the best of times, requires a huge throw, and if it even looks at mud it will seize up.

I have four PNW’s. One broke two days before an enduro and they overnighted the parts to me. I live in Utah, so I can’t give a lot of mud feedback, but I am happy with them

I have a 200mm Loam. I’ve only used it on a few rides... too new to give any real feedback...

The lever action is clean. I like the adjustable pressure feature as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I have two PNWs (Cascade and Rainier), both have been great. Easy install and reliable.

Not sure if it still works but if you're ordering direct from PNW, try "CHASINGEPIC" as a referral code to save a few bucks. Thank smmokan if it works.

I've got a Rainier and a OneUp. No real complaints with either. The OneUp is lighter, and significantly shorter per amount of drop. The Rainier is a bit smoother. They both work fine.

I don't expect either to last as long as, say a Fox Transfer, which has been utterly bulletproof in my experience with several, but they also cost way less.

No issues in the muck with my OneUp. It does slow down some in the cold. A friend fixed the problem by adding some air. It doesn’t bother me so I haven’t bothered.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    I have two PNWs (Cascade and Rainier), both have been great. Easy install and reliable.

Not sure if it still works but if you're ordering direct from PNW, try "CHASINGEPIC" as a referral code to save a few bucks. Thank smmokan if it works.
    Huh, I didn't know that still works... but I just checked, and it's for 20% off. The only issue these days is finding something that's in stock!

sweet on the promo code, I will wait for stock and use that as my current post still works it just makes noise.

This is exactly the quest I'm on. Leaning towards PNW Loam & Lever (if I can find one).

Thanks for the positive feedback and comments people!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I've got a Rainier and a OneUp. No real complaints with either. The OneUp is lighter, and significantly shorter per amount of drop. The Rainier is a bit smoother. They both work fine.

I don't expect either to last as long as, say a Fox Transfer, which has been utterly bulletproof in my experience with several, but they also cost way less.
    I went in to replace my Reverb, which is usually faultless but that it doesn’t function below 8 degrees Celsius. From reviews I was deliberating between the PNW and the One Up, but the shop guys were unanimous in their opinion that the only reason not to get a Fox transfer was if I was broke, or was planning to flip my bike within a year. I ponied up for the Transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I went in to replace my Reverb, which is usually faultless but that it doesn’t function below 8 degrees Celsius. From reviews I was deliberating between the PNW and the One Up, but the shop guys were unanimous in their opinion that the only reason not to get a Fox transfer was if I was broke, or was planning to flip my bike within a year. I ponied up for the Transfer.
    I didn't think they had a 200mm dropper, but they just added it for 2021. Maybe I can find one of those!
    sproing!

Pnw droppers are back in stock but the discount code is expired

FWIW... I have a pair of OneUp V1s. Both started to get sticky/slow after a season or so and I thought they were dead... turns out they just slowly leak a bit of air over time and need to be topped off every now and then. Easy with a shock pump. Now they feel new again.

Yeah we need a new discount I missed out on using the old one and my 2017 Giant dropper is not to be trusted