Reconstruction, maybe..

Well a month ago I ran out of talent and wrecked, tweaking my knee. Turns out I received a Grade 3 tear of my MCL and LCL and a 2 in my ACL along with a bunch of other big word stuff... One ortho stated "maybe" and "probably", referring to "possible" reconstruction and or repair. I'm getting another doc to look at it that has more experience in the complexity of my tear. I'm currently 90% pain free and use a burly Asterisk Cell 3.0 brace to help with stability.

Question I have is:
    Any mags done this similar type of damage and feel like sharing your experiences?

I hate to say it but I don't feel so terrible on the inside that this season in the Inland PNW is kinda lacking.

I don’t have much wisdom for you but I tore my acl complete back near Xmas and have been managing around with no pain and no obvious instability. Yesterday my knee buckled and I collapsed and now my knee feels real hammered. I’m headed in this week to touch base with the doc and see if we need additional imaging to see what’s left. Only recommendation is to keep wearing your brace and I hope you get better quick. This is my first knee injury and it is lame.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shitty to hear. I just had a appointment with my new Ortho, They want to repair my ACL and Reconstruct my MCL with part of my knee cap. Not sure when I'll get surgery. I have been skiing and my Ortho said what ever I'm doing for PT has strengthened my Knee quite a bit. He just said to be very careful so I don't tear it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by brown9 View Post
    I don’t have much wisdom for you but I tore my acl complete back near Xmas and have been managing around with no pain and no obvious instability. Yesterday my knee buckled and I collapsed and now my knee feels real hammered. I’m headed in this week to touch base with the doc and see if we need additional imaging to see what’s left. Only recommendation is to keep wearing your brace and I hope you get better quick. This is my first knee injury and it is lame.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums