Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by skithewest View Post
    This means someone that, say, hated gripwalk, or didn't want to buy a bunch of new bindings, could convert the new Krypton 130 ti to iso 5355? Asking for a friend

TGR Forums
    Yes, I have my KryptoLupo's / Luptons set up for DIN so I can hop on any ski. Any dealer can grab you a 5355 sole kit.

Wanted to resurrect this thread.

Does anyone know if the 26/26.5 and 27/27.5 upper cuffs are the same on the lupos/Kryptons?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Kewl stuff, me luv sum innovateshuns.

I have KR Pros but not Lupos, I would like grip walk.

Been mulling over the Tecnica Scouts.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Wanted to resurrect this thread.

Does anyone know if the 26/26.5 and 27/27.5 upper cuffs are the same on the lupos/Kryptons?
    22/23, 24/25, 26/27.........

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Just purchased 2 sets ; TY!

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    22/23, 24/25, 26/27.........

Yup
    Awesome thanks!
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

In this groups opinion… What wrap intuition liner would work best to get a good fit in a lupo with a Il moro cuff? The stock liner for the lupo isn’t a wrap and is flimsy. I’ve tried some older wraps and they’re not quite working

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Is it possible to do this in reverse? Ie add walk mode to some kryptons? I've got Kryptons with the tech toe/heel and want to add walk mode so I can use them for a travel boot

these ones: https://www.backcountry.com/b/dalbel...iABEgIiJ_D_BwE

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Is it possible to do this in reverse? Ie add walk mode to some kryptons? I've got Kryptons with the tech toe/heel and want to add walk mode so I can use them for a travel boot

Yes, you just need a Lupo cuff - what size are you?

Yes, you just need a Lupo cuff - what size are you?
    28.5. Probably wouldn't take on this project until the summer. Do you have some for sale?

28.5. Probably wouldn't take on this project until the summer. Do you have some for sale?
    I’m a 24/25, sorry.

I did the mod and turned my lupo into a krypto. I feel like the upper cuff won’t flex, just the tongue. Any recommendations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    I did the mod and turned my lupo into a krypto. I feel like the upper cuff won’t flex, just the tongue. Any recommendations ?

Did ya pull the rear tab / bolt?

You want that little flap that is riveted on to the back of the lupo lower. It stops the lupo cuff from hinging too far forward and getting wedged over the cut out in the lower clog. You can only unhook it by taking the cuff out. Easy mod to do.

I’d also want a gaiter on there. With the tongue off, your boot would be wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    In this groups opinion… What wrap intuition liner would work best to get a good fit in a lupo with a Il moro cuff? The stock liner for the lupo isn’t a wrap and is flimsy. I’ve tried some older wraps and they’re not quite working

Kind of a late reply since it sounds like you swapped cuffs already but I would see if you can also get the il moro liner. I tried all the Lupo liners and like the il moro liner the best although there was one Lupo liner that was ok and not too sloppy in the forefoot. It might've been from the AX HD jammed into the Pro HD to take up space, tongue liner, not wrap but jamming the wider liner into the narrower boot seemed ok if it didn't pack out too quick. Fitter seemed to think the il moro wrap would pack out to feel like that liner in new condition so better long-term, but more work initially.

The il moro wrap is a strobel sole so better with foot beds, although it seems like there is too much foam thickness in the arch area for anybody with shell contact through the mid foot and it may need to be compressed separately after the first heat mold.

Did ya pull the rear tab / bolt?
    I thought I pulled the right hardwear - Can you post a pic of it ?

Looking for Cascade walk lever

Anyone have extra an extra set of Cascade Components walk lever? I wish they would do another run.

Me too ...

I've got some 26.5 Krypton II clogs left over from a kryptolupo conversion if anyone wants em?

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Was actually going to ask you to post about this. Did you remove the plastic horseshoe piece that the Lupo Pro HD has near the top of the clog where it connects to the cuff? Ive played around with this a little bit and have found the old lupo SP/krypton has less of a gap between the two "fingers" at the top of the clog, while the new lupo pro HD has a bigger gap to facilitate better ROM. Seems like they added that horseshoe piece to add support for the bigger gap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Curious about this horseshoe/gusset thing. I’m missing the one on my right boot. Looks like it just tore away from the rivet. Either that or my boot fitter ripped it out when he did some shell work earlier this year and didn’t tell me.

I can’t quite figure out the functionality of these things. Are they just to keep snow out of the clog? In the Kr2, there’s a little piece that fits into the “U” between the fingers and slides up and down the “U” to customize stiffness of the boot but tge horseshoe/gusset doesn’t do that on the Pro HD so I’m not sure what it is for or if I need to worry about it missing. Haven’t noticed any difference in feel.

The gusset stops the upper cuff from getting stuck in the forward position when you bend your ankle in walk mode. The bottom of the cuff will get snagged on the V notch on the lower. You have to unscrew the cuff pivots to get it unstuck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    The gusset stops the upper cuff from getting stuck in the forward position when you bend your ankle in walk mode. The bottom of the cuff will get snagged on the V notch on the lower. You have to unscrew the cuff pivots to get it unstuck.
    Oh thanks. Haven’t had that issue so it must have recently come off. Sounds like I’ll need to slap some tape on there