Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Currently have the older Krypton Pro's with the solid soles (not replaceable). Would this mod still work?

^yes. Get some BeastMode!!

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    If any of you kooks have a set of Lupo 28/29 cuffs you don't need, I'd take them for the reverse of this. Would like a walk mode and a sole that fits in alpine binders for hauling the kids' gear and making pizza pies.

Big difference between P and B tongues?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Big difference between P and B tongues?
    IIRC B tongues are ~110 and Ps are 90.

Boot hacks are my favorite. For my Kryptlupos, I plan to swap the Krypton cuffs with the lighter Lupo cuffs periodically, and potentially take both cuffs on trips to swap for touring and inbounds purposes. In my opinion, when using the Lupo cuff it seems necessary to utilize that plastic horseshoe that goes between the top of the clog fingers and the cuff. The Lupo cuff has a lot of plastic removed from it, and this horseshoe takes up that space to make it flex and interact with the top of the clog fingers properly.

Instead of having to add and remove the horseshoe everytime from its original location when swapping cuffs (because it is not necessary to have the horseshoe in place with the Krypton cuff), I have screwed it in directly to the Lupo cuff so that it is now built-in. Line up the horseshoe, trim the bottom part so it doesnt get caught on the shelf for the walk mode lever, punch a hole in the horseshoe, remove the lower screw and screw post of the walk mode lever, put the screw post into the hole of the horseshoe, and screw back in to walk mode lever.

Also note, the forward lean calf shims that come with stock liners I have screwed in directly to the top of the cuff for more forward lean. Without them, its much more upright than the Krypton.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210604_144719900.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	812.5 KB 
ID:	376384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210604_144736643.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	829.9 KB 
ID:	376385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210604_145009286.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	376386  

so I finally got around to making this mod and encountered something that's posing a bit of a conundrum.

When I use the stock Lupo cuffs with the Walk-Mode, my heel sits perfectly back against the boot.

However, with the Krypton cuff installed, it feels as if my foot is pushed forward.

Anyone have any insight into what may be causing this/what I'm doing wrong? I assumed the forward lean on both was identical so I'm not sure what would be causing this shift.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Excuse the basic question, but do sizes between cuff & clog have to match exactly or do cuffs match multiple clog sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    so I finally got around to making this mod and encountered something that's posing a bit of a conundrum.

When I use the stock Lupo cuffs with the Walk-Mode, my heel sits perfectly back against the boot.

However, with the Krypton cuff installed, it feels as if my foot is pushed forward.

Anyone have any insight into what may be causing this/what I'm doing wrong? I assumed the forward lean on both was identical so I'm not sure what would be causing this shift.
    The assumption is the problem. The krypton has great forward lean than the Lupo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1080 View Post
    Excuse the basic question, but do sizes between cuff & clog have to match exactly or do cuffs match multiple clog sizes?
    I forget the size breaks but there are a few different cuff sizes. The sizes that the cuffs work for are imprinted in the plastic.

24/25 are the same cuff so I would imagine it would continue with that pattern.

Personally, I feel the same effect of getting pushed forward with both the Lupo and Krypton. Takes a lot of effort to mold the heel pocket and when skiing I can feel my heel move back when I flex the boot. Do you have a low instep? I get zero ankle/heel retention from Dalbellos and that lack of pressure on the front of the ankle could be the issue. It also feels like something above the achilles pushes me forward.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    The assumption is the problem. The krypton has great forward lean than the Lupo.

Well that would explain it. Thanks!
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    How is the air doing with the carbon cuff?
    The air was noticeably stiffer rearwards with the carbon cuff. I haven’t skied them much this winter though. I got some hoji free 110 at the end of last season and they have been working really well for me. between those and the Lupton the Airs become a backup boot.

So if I love the original lupo TI…

But I added an extra shim in the back for a little extra fwd lean…

Do I want a set of lupo HD? or new kryptons?

All inbounds and side-country use
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Krytrons look like they don’t come with a quick release tongue. But you can easily change shims on them to be more or less up right. I find the lupton skis way better than any of the Lupos I have had (TI, Carbon, 125ax) how much do you want the walkmode?

I had the orange Lupos in size 27.5, same as my Kryptons, and found I couldn't tour on them. As soon as I stood up straight my toes mashed to the front. I really wish this thread existed before I sold 'em. It should have occurred to me this was possible.

Has anyone used the new Kryptons? What is it like touring with a fixed ankle? My Kryptons are okay for the walk up from lot B at Crystal. Well, they've got the plastic sole so they're pretty sketchy, but my toenails don't mind.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Anyone have recommendations where to find these krypton back pieces to do this mod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    Anyone have recommendations where to find these krypton back pieces to do this mod ?

Level9 & free liners with old boots

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post

I got some used and am now well stocked in spare buckles/cables.

Kryptlupos aka 2022 Dalbello Kryptons

So much good info in this thread. I'm thinking of doing something similar, but using the cuff from an AX 115 instead of a Krypton. Has anyone tried that? The goal for me is to try to recreate the downhill performance of my Kryptons, but with a decent walk mode.

There are a few posts in here with the cuff from the old Lupo SP or TI ID swapped on, but I once had a Lupo SP long enough to realize I didn't like the walk mode on that boot so I'm steering away from that version of the walk mode. The AX 115 though (and the women's version AX 110--both discontinued I think) seem to have what looks like the newer walk mode (newer than on the TI ID and SP) on a full wrap style cuff. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm assuming the AX 115 walk mode works functionally the same as the updated walk mode on the Pro HD and does not work like the old version of the walk mode on the SP. The AX 115 cuff isn't PU like the TI ID/SP cuff--its Irfran IIRC--but I'm wondering if it still has a little better support than the Pro HD cuff. I'm pretty sure the cuff from the AX 115 is the same mold as the Pro HD, so I think it should work.

I did also just notice though that the Panterra has a walk mode. I don't know anything about the Panterra but it looks like a slightly different shell and different walk mode. Anyone know if the Panterra cuff would work (seems like a stretch)? And if the Panterra cuff does work, is that walk mode half decent (like the Pro HD) or is it garbage (like the old Lupo SP)?

I've got a line in the water over in Gear Swap if anyone has a lead on a donor AX 115 or cuffs: http://https://www.tetongravity.com/...ht=lupo+ax+115

I would guess it won't perform quite as well as the locked cuff on the Krypton, but I'd like to give it a shot.
    Last edited by Gray Lab; 01-31-2022 at 06:11 PM.

I do not believe the Panterra will for.

Just another anything is better than the flimsy Lupo strap, but a 110/115 cuff will be softer than you likely desire.

Try & report back!!

Anyone know if the Lupo Pro HD clog is the same as the Krypton 130 Ti clog? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Anyone know if the Lupo Pro HD clog is the same as the Krypton 130 Ti clog? Thanks in advance.
    Yes it is.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Yes it is.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    This means someone that, say, hated gripwalk, or didn't want to buy a bunch of new bindings, could convert the new Krypton 130 ti to iso 5355? Asking for a friend