Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

driving with ski boots?

Minding my own business. Waiting for my fucking boots to warm up so I can take them off. Guy pulls in. Backs up and slowly tags my POS. WTF are you doin’ driving with ski boots on you cidiot?

Nothing wrong with driving in ski boots. I do not condone hitting people while driving however. But unrelated. You can drive in ski boots and still not suck.

Also, props for having boots so tight they have to warm up to get them off. Solid race fit.

I have seen the aftermath of car into innocent wall. To be fair, alcohol was also a factor.

I drove in ski boots once. I don't feel great about that old couple, but when your time's up, your time's up, nowutimean?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Manual, no walk mode. You can’t touch me.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    Manual, no walk mode. You can’t touch me.
    Are you MC Hammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Sounds like this could result in op getting enough money for some new boots and skis.

It’s one thing to drive an automatic with ski boots, but driving a manual requires skill on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I drove in ski boots once. I don't feel great about that old couple, but when your time's up, your time's up, nowutimean?
    That's a double premium score in Death Race 2000.

I am absolutely horrible at driving with ski boots. Anyone have advice?

It’s a the Frankenstein move.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    The hardest part is figuring out how hard you're pushing on the pedals. Solution: full commitment to gas or brake. You are either accelerating or stopping. This is best done in a rental Camry.

Yeah, the clutch needs a little more hip twist for good actuation if you don't want to let off the gas too much.

Also I'd expect rubber soles work way better than solid plastic soles but I don't have much experience there.

Ya move yer whole leg, not just your foot. No tilting. Just jamb in and out.

Helps if you scream something about change for a nickel with the windows open while doing it.

Great, thanks everyone. Super helpful. Random thought: What about tilting the driver seat at a forward angle?

Like one of these modded for a car/van/truck.

I think a bucket seat would be safer. Otherwise you might slide forward a bit, accidentally mash the gas, and tag some poor guy's POS while he's trying to warm his boots up to take em off

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I think a bucket seat would be safer. Otherwise you might slide forward a bit, accidentally mash the gas, and tag some poor guy's POS while he's trying to warm his boots up to take em off
    That's smart, thanks!

I wonder what puregravity would recommend though.

On a regular basis I've driven a 5spd ranger in AT boots but I got a small BSL and its only 3 minutes on a not busy road
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Drive 5 minutes every day in ski boots but had to take them off at the grocery store today. Too many wipeouts there I guess.

I last tried driving with ski boots in my manual 85 toyota p/u. Boot size 12.5/30mondo. Heading back to the lodge at WH2O after hitting the backside, before the glory chair expansion. It did not go well.

I only did it twice back in the day, probably Kirkwood. I recall it was very difficult, because I could not feel the pedals, and was not sure if I was going hit the gas or brake pedal because of the stiff Langes. Only did it in the parking lot because was too lazy to change to street shoes. Wouldn't do it again.

Do it all the time. Boots are 29.5. Truck is a manual. No problem.

you white people have such big feet,how do you eva extract from your mouths ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Was working on my place one day on Goose Creek (road to touring area outside Bozeman) and saw a Ford Taurus plow straight into the snow berm on the side of the road. I was running my tractor so I drove over to see if I could help. I could see a gray head was in the drivers seat, the front wheels were turning and throttle was pegged so I figure heart attack or some medical emergency. I open the door and realized he had one of his ski boots wedged under the brake pedal but on top of the throttle. Together we freed it and I pulled his Taurus out with the tractor. He thanked me and gave me a business card and said if I needed anything to give him a call. I don’t remember where he was from but remember his name was Alan Jackson, not the country star unfortunately.

As he drove away it occurred to me that he didn’t change into regular shoes.