Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Great, thanks everyone. Super helpful. Random thought: What about tilting the driver seat at a forward angle?
    Really depends on the delta of the gas pedal and how well it matches the forward lean on your boots.

Fuck it, just float the gears.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Buy touring boots

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    ....Also I'd expect rubber soles work way better than solid plastic soles ....
    sheet-metal screws driven through the pedals,
    ​voila!

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Regular boot driver here, too easy to boot up at home for the 10min drive up the hill. That said it’s no issue in the Sprinter and the GMC Sierra but it’s a no go in the wife’s Highlander, not enough room. Boots with a walk mode make it easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back when I was 16 I would drive my manual '82 Accord in rollerblades between skate spots. I did manage to get the brake pedal stuck between the boot and the wheels a few times. 1/10, would not recommend (1. driving in rollerblades. 2. rollerblades).

I drive in snowboard boots on the regular but I guess that's cheating per the theme of the thread
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

I am absolutely horrible at driving with ski boots. Anyone have advice?
    Don't hit anything, that's really the key.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I like to try and get flip flops on my boots before I drive.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Really depends on the delta of the gas pedal and how well it matches the forward lean on your boots.
    Canting work might be necessary for optimal pedal usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadianwarrior View Post
    Back when I was 16 I would drive my manual '82 Accord in rollerblades between skate spots. I did manage to get the brake pedal stuck between the boot and the wheels a few times. 1/10, would not recommend (1. driving in rollerblades. 2. rollerblades).

I drive in snowboard boots on the regular but I guess that's cheating per the theme of the thread
    Worst bail? I don't think I've ever met a group that got wrecked more regularly than the rollerbladers who hung out with the skaters. Fuck those friends had something wrong with them. At least the bmx and skaters could bail and try running it out.

Have hand controls installed in your car, like paraplegic people use. Problem solved.

Got 31.5s and no issues driving a F150 auto. I drove a jeep cherokee in ski boots when we were doing Tow Ins and that sucks, way to cramped in the footwells.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Drive 5 minutes every day in ski boots but had to take them off at the grocery store today. Too many wipeouts there I guess.
    The Truckee Safeway is aggressive about this. I have to say, I've driven in rubber- and plastic-soled boots and never noticed a difference. YMMV. I'd say don't close the buckles for more flex.

Committed ski boot driver here. Prefer AT boots but DH boots are ok. Truck's an automatic so that makes it easy.

I heel toe on the reg, but I don't recommend driving with 75mm tele boots.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I heel toe on the reg, but I don't recommend driving with 75mm tele boots.
    I had a friend that used to do this in his leather touring boot. 3 pedals. I look forward to the day when I can comfortably drive in my tele boots.

One of my finest driving moments ever came as I effortlessly drove the steamboat ski Corp Ford flat bed away from the bottom of the hill in ski boots, yeah it was a manual.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To the outdoor rink in skates is a bit easier than to the hill in ski boots. In my old vw, the clutch gets used sometimes. The gears are easy to find without it.

driven my ranger 5spd a few times, not confidence inpiring, pedals too close together; the wifes auto explorer with 6way seat and adjustable pedals, no problem
    embrace the gape
    and believe

I leave the house, dressed to ski, boots on, every day, and have for the past 30 years. If you can ski powder in the trees, kick steps up a couloir, climb into the back of pickup, walk steep icy sidewalks, boot ski, and dance in your boots (all essential skier’s skills), driving is a breeze. Pivot off the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Regular boot driver here, too easy to boot up at home for the 10min drive up the hill. That said it’s no issue in the Sprinter and the GMC Sierra but it’s a no go in the wife’s Highlander, not enough room. Boots with a walk mode make it easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would imagine that it is much easier to drive an old school bench seat pickup with boots than a vehicle with a console. The trick is using the right heel for the gas and the left heel for the brake. OTOH, in the spring I drive my Vespa to the hill while wearing ski boots all the time
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

AT boots. Then you'll also have the "option to tour" if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I leave the house, dressed to ski, boots on, every day, and have for the past 30 years. If you can ski powder in the trees, kick steps up a couloir, climb into the back of pickup, walk steep icy sidewalks, boot ski, and dance in your boots (all essential skier’s skills), driving is a breeze. Pivot off the heel.
    I you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

bump your steering wheel up a notch for additional knee clearance
    swing your fucking sword.

Once you experience the sublime pedal feel and comfort of a pair of bespoke driving mocs, you'll never want to drive in ski boots again. In the same way that food tastes better on fine Limoges bone china than on a paper plate, a fine driving moc similarly enhances the experience of driving.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Depends on what you are driving. If its something thats intended to be driven in work boots, odds are it fine in ski boots - and easy in touring boots. Found it dificult to drive my 80's Citroen BX in Richlee F1's (Super stiff alpine boots). But VW T4 n T5 vans and Landrover Discovery 200Tdi (the one before the first one to hit USA) were/are all fine, especially if you have touring boots on.
    Back when I drove airport transfers, people stood in Geneva arivals wearring skiboot liners was not uncommon. If you were stood there in your touring boots your buddies would tell you to go leave them in the van
    Knowledge is Powder