Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m18 impact.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	377584

I got one of these 6 months ago. HOLE LEE CHIT. I will never go back to an air impact.
    They are crazy money but sick.

Anybody want my PC comp for $80 in Denver and they can have it.

The better the air compressor you get, the more you will use it. Mine is not portable. But I have long hoses. And I use it to clean the driveway, clean the garage, bust wheel lugs, inflate tires, paint furniture, clean out electronics, etc... For most tasks it never even turns on, there is plenty of capacity in the tank. And when you want to do something like paint a dresser, or a car, it never runs out of capacity. And it is the quietest compressor I have ever had. I suppose I could get a pancake tank (no compressor) and fill and leave it full for Trailside tire things, but a good floor pump is fine for that.
    80 gallon Mac tools two stage oiled.
    I love it. Because I have good air available all the time, I find I use it way more than I ever did my older portable noise machines. And I went through two of those in about the same amount of time I have had this big sucker. Couple more years and I will be ahead $$$ wise by going for the good one.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I have no use for an impact wrench… but I’ve always wondered if the corded ones were worth their salt. Less torque than a battery or air model. But you can get them for under $100 and they seem perfect for the DIYer that just changes their vehicles wheels twice a year…

Name:	Image1624287355.469162.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	377586

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I have no use for an impact wrench… but I’ve always wondered if the corded ones were worth their salt. Less torque than a battery or air model. But you can get them for under $100 and they seem perfect for the DIYer that just changes their vehicles wheels twice a year…

Name:	Image1624287355.469162.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	377586

It’s crazy that the corded ones are weaker than the battery powered impact wrenches. I have a Dewalt 120v which works ok for lug nuts. Occasionally I need to get a breaker bar out to loosen them, which kind of defeats the purpose. I looked into newer electric models, and I seem to remember the torque being way up compared to my POS

Thanks for the input folks. I happened to ask my dad if he had a compressor last week (he did not) and he wound up buying me a craftsman pancake kit from Lowe’s for fathers day. As I mentioned, this isn’t going to be a daily driver and I don’t think I need to spend big bucks, but I’m trying to find a happy medium. I think I’m going to return the kit and just buy a stand-alone pancake and separate nailers if/when I need them.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    It’s crazy that the corded ones are weaker than the battery powered impact wrenches. I have a Dewalt 120v which works ok for lug nuts. Occasionally I need to get a breaker bar out to loosen them, which kind of defeats the purpose. I looked into newer electric models, and I seem to remember the torque being way up compared to my POS
    My uneducated guess is that they can pull more watts out of the battery in short bursts than out of an outlet… most corded stuff is limited to 1500w or so. Similar to how there are battery powered nail guns but no corded nail guns….

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA