Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    People have different levels of adaptability to ramp angle - the Speed Turn is 16mm, which is on the high side especially if she's got a small boot. Most people would prefer their touring stance to be the same or similar to their alpine stance, which is flatter. In general, most people walk better in flats than heels, and the same is true of skiing.
    If i drop those shims in, could we reuse the holes for mounting?

Quote Originally Posted by J_Berg View Post
    Yes. In all cases I've seen shims are designed to match the existing mount pattern -- just use longer screws. The only exception is when people do something hackish like use swap plates (dynalook, sollyfit etc) as the front shims, leaving off the rear plate.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Berg View Post
    Yes, you will need longer screws though. Check B&D for pre-cut shims:

https://www.bndskigear.com/index.html

PS There is a good chance all three factors - not used to super variable backcountry snow, lighter and narrower ski than before, and more ramp - are to blame . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    PS There is a good chance all three factors - not used to super variable backcountry snow, lighter and narrower ski than before, and more ramp - are to blame . . .
    Totally! I'm gonna start on the least expensive fixes, have her take resort laps, put the shims on, and get a tune. Then think about new skis