Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    ^ I like Med so far. seems to have a ton of personality. When asked about after winning, "we know how to celebrate in russia. Just hope we don't get picked up by the police."
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Like last year with Thiem winning (over Zverev)?
    Ha. Well, when I said a long while I was speaking in terms of a fruit flies life..
    Right you are Dee. But aside from that US open, it's been a while right - 2016 Wawrinka

I agree with Marshall's opinion of Med's seemingly good nature now. He seems composed on and of the court. I think this is a more recent development IMO, I remember him being whiney and temperamental as a younger player.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Djoker acted like a little baby under the pressure. Not the GOAT based on class and poise even if he does get more Grand Slam titles

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    IMO, I remember him being whiney and temperamental as a younger player.
    I think you remember his US open final with nadal where he was mis-interpreting something like clapping. He thought they were boos. I can't recall the full story but something was lost in translation in that match. If there's been others I'm not aware of them.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Djoker acted like a little baby under the pressure. Not the GOAT based on class and poise even if he does get more Grand Slam titles
    Fuckin eh buddy. I'm with you. Just cause I said one could enter his name into the discussion of Goat doesn't mean he gets the ribbon.

edit: Marshall - here's what I was talking about I guess
    2019 US open:
    "...The 23-year-old has been fined $19,000 through three matches.

The No. 5 seed was fined $5,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct when he snatched a towel out of the hands of a ball boy, and $4,000 for a visible obscenity when he held his middle finger up by the side of his head in defiance of the crowd....)

2017 Wimbledon:
    (...Russian Daniil Medvedev has also been hit with three separate fines, totaling $14,500 The Guardian reports. He racked up two of them for insulting Portuguese empire Mariana Alvez, and a third for tossing coins at her chair....)

2020 ATP Cup:
    (...At the ATP Cup, Medvedev was given code violations for unsportsmanlike conduct and deliberately celebrating in Schwartzman’s face, with the Russian captain Marat Safi apologised for....)
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Novak Djokovic right now:
    Name:  514RQJPS6DL.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  33.0 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I will be crushed if there's not a screaming tantrum in ...3,2,1 .....

Gotta love Djokovic sr. Only missing the "we throw many rocks at tanks"

"Morrison and his like have dared attack Novak to bring Serbia to its knees. Serbia has always shown that he comes from a proud nation," Srdjan Djokovic said.

"This has nothing to do with sports, this is a political agenda. Novak is the best player and the best athlete in the world, but several hundred million people from the West can't stomach that," he said.
    "Can't you see..."

Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić laying down some cold war era language too.
    I still call it The Jake.

"Pressure is a privilege, my friend. Without pressure, there is no professional sport. If you are aiming to be at the top of the game you better start learning how to deal with pressure and how to cope with those moments."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rawImage.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	172.9 KB 
ID:	399937
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

He should waive his privacy right and tell us the grounds for his exemption. Until he does that, it is indeed fishy that a famous vaccine skeptic gets an exemption (although if his reason is bogus why would the supposedly independent panel give him the exemption?).

My guess it is based on him claiming to have had covid in the last 6 months, which may be a basis for an exemption. And the Aussie authorities deciding that having delta or whatever strain months ago is no protection from getting and spreading omicron now.

2021 Tennis Thread

I’m not a fan and never been a fan of Djokovic. Now hearing he’s being held there until Monday.

Ha ha.

Side note, it’s 2022. Time for a new thread?

Nadal today said something to the effect of get on board already or don't cry about the consequences.
    I still call it The Jake.

Nadal’s thoughts. Fed is too classy to make a statement, but I’d love to see him drop the mic on Djokovic.

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/20...nis-vaccinated