Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Good day for Canucks at flushing Meadows today, though I only got to catch the shapo match. Also watched the end of the pliskova match against a gutsy yank gal. Who is this chick? Heat breaker for her though.

Interesting tsi tsi vs Alcaraz match. The Spanish kid's got game.

Key how that 3rd set goes.

The Pliskova v Asimova 3 setter last night was a good one.

Stevens v Kerber a battle too.

At least there always have been some competitive matches on. Not too many blow outs.

Osaka

There are not many people in tennis I don’t like, but she is at the top of my list.

I’m kind of enjoying watching her fall apart tonight.

And the falling apart is complete. Biggest win yet for Leyla. Now if Felix can grind one out against Bautista it'll be another good day for Canuckistanian tennis!

That was a great match, congrats to Leylah Fernandez. At 5'6" she's a little powerhouse!

As noted, the Anisimova match was great last night too. Too bad she didn't win but it's fun to see these upstarts challenging the best players.

Yeahman, the kids are doing well in NY this year. The Bautista/FAA match has been/is entertaining.

Felix may win or lose but beautiful blonde beer guzzling woman has stolen my heart.

Rogers over #1 Barty in a third set tie- break, another incredible match. Damn.

Great match. Heck of a come back. Nice to have the crowd in your back pocket too.

Some great match ups tomorrow on the women’s side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1274.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	384496

Name:	IMG_1190.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	384497

So I play 4.0, probably on the nose. We have a modest property in a coastal SE town known for tennis. Guy renting next door for a few months says he's been on the tour but has been hurt. Peaked around 150. So I say we should hit sometime, "though it won't be much fun for you" just in passing. So he makes a big point of hitting yesterday morning.

Steezus
    H
    chirst.

The power. I was pinned to the fence in about 5 minutes and was still late on everything. Quite an education. Super nice guy.
    "Can't you see..."

Cool Marshall,
    I've never got to hit with someone in the top 1000 in the world, never mind top 150. That must have been an eye opener. For me, I got to play against a guy ranked in the top 50 in BC. I lost of course, but did manage to get a few games. I had a much harder time against a varsity college player in Charlotte, SC. I felt very fortunate to get a game off him (in 3 sets).

But enough about me. Felix A.A. had a nice showing against Tiafoe. Given Shapo's whiney, racquet breaking bullshit in his last loss in NY, I believe I have a new favorite Canadian tennis man. Got some good depth on the woman's side of the draw at Flushing too. Canadian tennis is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post

Name:	IMG_1274.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	384496

Name:	IMG_1190.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	384497
    Congrats again on best job ever.
    Watching a very entertaining match between Fernandez and Svitolina. Yeah I'm a homer but God damn Leylah has game. Love to see her in the semi and of course the final. I want to hit like that girl.

Fuck yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    So I play 4.0, probably on the nose. We have a modest property in a coastal SE town known for tennis. Guy renting next door for a few months says he's been on the tour but has been hurt. Peaked around 150. So I say we should hit sometime, "though it won't be much fun for you" just in passing. So he makes a big point of hitting yesterday morning.

Steezus
    H
    chirst.

The power. I was pinned to the fence in about 5 minutes and was still late on everything. Quite an education. Super nice guy.
    That's awesome MT.

Years ago in undergrad before the ATP Masters in Cincy a few of us were asked to come and be available the day or two before the tournament as hitting partners for the tour pro's hitting partners, or for the qualifiers that didn't travel with one. Holy shit was that an education. Heavy groundstrokes was an understatement.

Feel comfortable sharing the name of your dude?

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Fuck yeah!
    Congrats on FAA, Gary. Hope to see a good semifinal.

Interesting to hear last night that should Novak make it through, he would be the shortest of the semifinalists which is crazy cause I always picture him towering over everyone.
    I still call it The Jake.

^ Takanyi Garanganga. I tried once and he laughed said "TK"
    "Can't you see..."

Stating the obvious medvadev-djokovic final latter wins, I predict in 5 sets, 21-20-20. I don't see nadal or federer even getting to the simifinal in another major.

/ End of an era. Sad.
    "Can't you see..."

^^
    Ha! Med's gotta get through FAA first!
    You could be right on rafa or fed getting another major. It still boggles my mind that while watching fed play djoko in a final a few years ago that a couple of millimetres, a bad call, numerous other occurances (through a match, a game, a point) would cause fed to have won the match (he lost), and potentially have him ahead in the race for most majors. The stat would be (fed, nadal, djoko) 21 20 19. Is Djoko be likely to get 2 more slams...? Yeah perhaps, but certainly not a certainty. Shit happens.

Anyway, thanks Bmills! I'm really looking forward to some semi-final action this year.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Wow, Fernandez scrappy af against Sabalenka. Keep it up!

Indeed! The little lady apparently has ice water flowing through her veins. Down 1-4 and comes back to win the set. Go Leylah!

Sabalenka is not on her game. Way too many unforced errors.

in the second semifinal.

Holy shit! That was astounding.

I don’t hate Djoker, he has certainly turned weirder these past couple years, but man, I never thought Fed and Rafa would be looking up at him for most majors all time.

Maybe I did, and I just didn’t want to acknowledge it.

Shit, I recall watching Rafa 10 years ago at the ATP Masters in Cincy from the front row call for a trainer every break because he couldn’t walk on a hard court thinking, this guy is amazing, but he’s done after this year. Welp, that didn’t happen so who knows what they have left up their sleeves.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Holy shit! That was astounding.
    Epic match, just incredible. What a fighter. Go Leylah!