Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dumbass bootfitter - intution related

got a pair of MV luxury liners cooked at surefoot in park city. they insisted on using my sock + another thick fucking sock over that to hold the toe cap on. told them that seems wrong and not how i've done it before, but they insisted. sure enough, my foot is slopping around in the boot like crazy.

are these things trashed now, or can i recook them and they'll take up some of the volume lost on the last bake? any tips to salvage these things would be greatly appreciated. they felt great before cooking, toes were just tight.

to boot, the fucking guy at surefoot had the nerve to try selling me their $600 foam liner after they fucked up mine. fuck that place.

If your boots are too loose with a molded MV Intuition liner, your shells are too big.

fair enough on not baking, toes were just tight and going numb even after skiing them for ~15 days. rest of fit went from almost intolerable to perfect by day 5ish.

i've lived in pc for a few years. location just old on profile.

Have the liners re-heated on some air stacks and then let them cool without putting them on. That will loft the liner back up a little bit.

curious what is the shell fit cuz if its too big of a shell the liner will just pack out ?

If you take out the liner and stand in the shell barefoot with your toe brushing the front of the shell how much room is there between the rear of shell & your heel, the scarpa guage is rectangular stick that is 9 / 16mm or I use a sharpie felt pen which measures 15mm at the base
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

IME if the liners felt good before baking, there's too much room. Mine felt concerningly tight before the cook. Just right after.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    IME if the liners felt good before baking, there's too much room. Mine felt concerningly tight before the cook. Just right after.
    yeah as i said they felt almost intolerable at first, then were great after 5 days of skiing. normally i wait at least that long before baking intuitions, this time i waited til 15 days of skiing...still had numb toes.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Have the liners re-heated on some air stacks and then let them cool without putting them on. That will loft the liner back up a little bit.
    thanks. what are air stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    curious what is the shell fit cuz if its too big of a shell the liner will just pack out ?

If you take out the liner and stand in the shell barefoot with your toe brushing the front of the shell how much room is there between the rear of shell & your heel, the scarpa guage is rectangular stick that is 9 / 16mm or I use a sharpie felt pen which measures 15mm at the base
    still fit is 1-1.5 fingers

Quote Originally Posted by snowsnake View Post
    thanks. what are air stacks?
    They’re what a boot shop would use to heat a heat moldable liner, as opposed to the convection oven they might use for a heat moldable shell or some Intuition type liners.

that sounds right, could stil be the wrong boot for your foot?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that sounds right, could stil be the wrong boot for your foot?
    nah. have gone through 5 pairs of kryptons / lupos with intuitions over the last ~10 years. all worked great after varying degrees of fiddling, punches and liner cooking.

forgot to mention back of liner is all jacked up too. i think maybe they were overcooked in addition to the 2nd sock issue.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    They’re what a boot shop would use to heat a heat moldable liner, as opposed to the convection oven they might use for a heat moldable shell or some Intuition type liners.
    thanks

Irrespective of whether you have the right size shell, the double sock thing is a head scratcher.

Double toe caps, yes. Double socks = fail.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1013.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	358430

Boogles my mind that anyone goes into a Surefoot. I know several people who went ther for boots, despite my advice against, not one person ended with a good fitting boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Boogles my mind that anyone goes into a Surefoot. I know several people who went ther for boots, despite my advice against, not one person ended with a good fitting boot.
    I know, I know. First time last time for me. It’s a long story how i ended up there in first place.

I usually go see “Dude” at Cole sport. He is excellent

Rebake them, use an old thick sock and cut the toe area off for a cap. Put the cap on and then a pair of pantyhose over that. Put foot in liner then into boot. Buckle the boot just snug, not tight. Stand in boot with a 1x4 under the toe of boot. Gently flex into the cuff every so often. Enjoy a cold beer while letting liners cool. Once cooled walk over and get another beer from fridge. Stand there on flat ground enjoying second beer. Once finished with second beer remove boot from feet. Go skiing the next day.

#bakeyourownfuckingintuitionliners

Quote Originally Posted by snowsnake View Post

to boot, the fucking guy at surefoot.
    I see what you did there.

You can regain some volume IME.

I’ve always cooked liners myself so I can control all the variables. I prefer using EVA foam in between my toes (to keep them spread) rather than using the lazy approach of a toecap.

Your story reminded me of a SoCal outdoor shop I was in years ago. This arrogant sales dude insisted that I needed a size 14 mountaineering boot after measuring me. He was so insistent I went ahead and put it on. I told him Yeah I could put a sandwich in there on top of my foot and not squish the bread.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    #bakeyourownfuckingintuitionliners
    If only there was a forum with this information...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    there were 30 maybe 50 young boogafucks at the utarded capital
    they interview one that said theyre not there for trump
    theyre theyre because the guberment lies to them
    then he looks back at 500 well armed trained leos from fbi, guardsman to dnr to full bore swat
    and says see this is a sign of weakness
    theres sum fuckin disconnect going
    good news was while im sure 1 or 2 has some irl training
    they sure didnt look like much of a threat to me
    and theyre just gonna prance around armed
    and be butthurt
    im laughing cause ive seen and been in a protest on those steps for stream access water rights
    that held more protesters than these sad wanna be solider attention whores
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    there were 30 maybe 50 young boogafucks at the utarded capital
    they interview one that said theyre not there for trump
    theyre theyre because the guberment lies to them
    then he looks back at 500 well armed trained leos from fbi, guardsman to dnr to full bore swat
    and says see this is a sign of weakness
    theres sum fuckin disconnect going
    good news was while im sure 1 or 2 has some irl training
    they sure didnt look like much of a threat to me
    and theyre just gonna prance around armed
    and be butthurt
    im laughing cause ive seen and been in a protest on those steps for stream access water rights
    that held more protesters than these sad wanna be solider attention whores
    We’re they mad someone messed up their molds?

dumbass bootfitter - intution related

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    We’re they mad someone messed up their molds?
    They heated the liners with a warm poop fish

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums