Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Run of the Day

I really enjoyed these k2 Petitors... longest drift shred turns of the year...?

Friends don't let friends ski on the Z-toe.

Use those bindings just for another day or 2, just to dial in your favorite mount position---then replace them with a maggot-worthy binding.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

^^ yeah gotta swap them out

someone gonna wonder 'where the hell is vlog 208?'

I got these K2 Petitors re rigged with a different toe piece and it was off to the races! Quite possibly the funnest skis ever in terms of pushing around the pow and blasting sideways...! I feel like I need to do a more in depth review of what the 'super soft fat ski' offers to the skier.

It’s your skis or knees pick your impact zone.

Yeah good point and kind of makes me think of on a DH bike or motorcycle the upside down forks and having less 'unsprung weight' . The ski is absorbing the beating before it can transfer upwards into your leg.

I also noticed how when pushing through a turn you could add weight to the downhill foot and because the ski is so soft and the leverage point is moved closer to the back of the foot you get this 'slippy' feeling of acceleration. Not sure if just in my imagination. And also I feel like I get more over head billowing face shots because of that same effect coupled with the fact you are spending more time going sideways though the turn.

A different kind of 'epic skiing' . The grandparents will love it!

We at 792" and the gettin' is good!

Smile

75 days on 800" of snow... I will take it as a win!
    Thanks for watching and thanks for hosting, TGR!

Awesome! Great year and great skiing. Historical year for snow fall? Seems AK hogged the storm track all this season.

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    75 days on 800" of snow... I will take it as a win!
    Thanks for watching and thanks for hosting, TGR!

That was great, nice to follow your season. Looking forward to next season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Awesome! Great year and great skiing. Historical year for snow fall? Seems AK hogged the storm track all this season.
    Back in the years '98 to 2001 we had successive snowfalls of 900, 1000, 1100 then 1200 or there about ... so this was was pretty good all things considered lol. We really need a fair amount of snow for the skiing to stay any good with the size of the hill and skier traffic etc.

Then 2012 was a year to remember because we never saw warm temps and the powder went to the valley floor. Last year was pretty good , but yeah this year was pretty much awesome! A truly horrible year we will get like 400" which is funny to say when you look at other resort totals, but like I said , it is a mountain shape and size thing I think.

I remember having years down in Smithers, BC with like 100" and we still skied powder every day because of the daily wind refresh blowing snow around. I'll take what I can get, thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That was great, nice to follow your season. Looking forward to next season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I have a whole bunch content I'm throwing on my channel in general that won't be on this thread , go check it out!

Dude you have to share your quiver videos in the quiver thread. It's great.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    Back in the years '98 to 2001 we had successive snowfalls of 900, 1000, 1100 then 1200 or there about ... so this was was pretty good all things considered lol. We really need a fair amount of snow for the skiing to stay any good with the size of the hill and skier traffic etc.

Then 2012 was a year to remember because we never saw warm temps and the powder went to the valley floor. Last year was pretty good , but yeah this year was pretty much awesome! A truly horrible year we will get like 400" which is funny to say when you look at other resort totals, but like I said , it is a mountain shape and size thing I think.

I remember having years down in Smithers, BC with like 100" and we still skied powder every day because of the daily wind refresh blowing snow around. I'll take what I can get, thanks for watching!
    Impressive snowfalls. Part of my fascination with you vids is trying to figure out where you are on the hill. My lady and I visited Girdwood and Alyeska a few years ago. So much fun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180201_164920.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	716.5 KB 
ID:	413897

End of the day lighting in early February.

Look forward to next season.

Tyx for sharing the season. Good fun.

Agree a quiver thread post would be

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Great season ender, Carp! +3 on the quiver video. That would be great though I think it would be tough to get all yours into one post obviously.

Bonus!

Oh hey, I'm back with daily ski vlog from the frozen north.
    More backcountry this year coupled with one of them drone thingamajigs here pretty quick, we should be doing alright!