Touring ski advice plz

I blew up my old hojis sidewall and I’m not gonna repair it because it’s now a rock ski. I’m having trouble picking a old ski to repurpose as my touring rig. Choices ... OG DPS 99 and 112, OG JJ, 190 Buddha Gotama, or last years 190 black crows daemon . Leaning towards the JJ or
    The 99 since they’re both around 184. Or would you guys just suck it up and add a real touring ski to the quiver ??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Those are all over the place. Are you saying those are the skis you already have on hand, and you're deciding which one to put a touring binding on?

I would not consider any of those to be a "touring ski"

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    I blew up my old hojis sidewall and I’m not gonna repair it because it’s now a rock ski. I’m having trouble picking a old ski to repurpose as my touring rig. Choices ... OG DPS 99 and 112, OG JJ, 190 Buddha Gotama, or last years 190 black crows daemon . Leaning towards the JJ or
    The 99 since they’re both around 184. Or would you guys just suck it up and add a real touring ski to the quiver ??

i would add a true touring ski.
    swing your fucking sword.

Big mission touring ski? Pow touring ski? Corn touring ski? Noodly meadow skipping touring ski?

Get a real touring ski with pin bindings. It’s much more efficient and effective

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Thanks everyone. I wanted to make something I already own work but I’m aware none of what I mentioned is optimal.. I’ve got some solid FT dynafits ready to go... looks like I’ve once again got a ski to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    Thanks everyone. I wanted to make something I already own work but I’m aware none of what I mentioned is optimal..
    What build are the DPS? Plenty of people tour on both of those skis and seem to enjoy them. Nothing to lose by giving them a whirl. More info on what kind of touring would help too. There are certainly worse pow touring options than a JJ. Also, you’ve skied all of these and know what you’re getting into. Seems like asking people to help you select socks out of your sock drawer no?

Are those Gotamas you're referencing the black topsheet version (05/06)? If so, any interest in selling them?

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Are those Gotamas you're referencing the black topsheet version (05/06)? If so, any interest in selling them?
    You talking about the ones w red lettering at tips and gold Buddha on tail? If so I have a pair if interested.

These:

Name:  2422_pic1b.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  44.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    These:

Name:  2422_pic1b.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  44.3 KB
    These ski and tour really, really well still.

If you're going to tour on them much you might want to consider butchering the twin tip. I haven't been able to bring myself to ever do it. But it does make kick turns tricky at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    What build are the DPS? Plenty of people tour on both of those skis and seem to enjoy them. Nothing to lose by giving them a whirl. More info on what kind of touring would help too. There are certainly worse pow touring options than a JJ. Also, you’ve skied all of these and know what you’re getting into. Seems like asking people to help you select socks out of your sock drawer no?
    Yeah I may go with those Old hybrid 99. Wouldn’t be the worst choice I guess. As for your other question , you should see my wild posts on the Rocky Mountain sock drawer forums.