Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    husband got me the OR Capstone Gloves this year and they're great- a game changer for me- I was an everyday mitten + handwarmer user for the past several yrs

the high heat setting is actually almost too hot - I worried the batteries wouldn't last long but they will last most of a day if on the low setting
    The heat is noticeable right away and goes to the individual fingers so you can get away with a glove (finally!)
    super spendy but from one cold handed raynauds person to another, it was priceless

Someone above mentioned they come with an extra set of batteries, which is dope. then you can easily get a full day switching them out and the batteries are not too heavy/cumbersome

maybe you can get an OR deal through your patrol affiliation too
    skid luxury

Talk to me about heated gloves/mittens

^^ deals abound, but none near as good as the Meadow Skipper hookup. Big thank you to you, sir.

Gloves are received and I’ll report back after a cold day of skiing. Fit is ideal. I was skeptical at first... there’s a lot going on there with controls and battery packs and who knows what inside those gloves, but upon trying them on none of that is really in the way. I feel a little like I’m putting on a pair of infinity gauntlets. Just gotta find more infinity stones....

Need to solve cold feet, next.
    focus.

^ Hey, I’m glad they fit. And thanks for your donation to your local shelter, the kittehs and pups thank you even more. I could add some user guidance, but poke around on their website, maybe even read the manual (RTFM!).

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Heads up the heated gloves are a bad idea if you are touring as they have been reported to interfere with beacons.
    Do heated boots cause a problem also?

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    Heads up the heated gloves are a bad idea if you are touring as they have been reported to interfere with beacons.
    Do heated boots cause a problem also?

Hmmm........... Good question. Likely far enough away from the beacon you are holding in your hands using to search with to not be a problem. Perhpas somebody has looked into this?

Talk to me about heated gloves/mittens

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    What size do you wear? I have some medium size Chaval heated gloves that are really good, but I never use them. I’d be glad to pass them on to you for your donation to a local animal shelter. They review well.
    Bumping this back up to give huge props to Meadow Skipper.

And to say that heated gloves (and boots) are a game changer for me. Skied yesterday with the fam in low teens/single digits and had no issues with the cold. If anything, the rest of me got a bit chilled while my fingers and toes stayed warm.

I’d have no problem recommending Chaval (and I have). Only complaint is the charging adapter setup, such that I’m reasonably confident that the lifespan of these will be measured in how long it takes me to break one of the adapters by trying to wrestle it into place every time I have to put them on or take them off the charger. Also the LED is super bright, especially for night skiing. They’re like running lights.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 01-02-2022 at 11:28 AM.
    focus.