Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I was there memorial day in the late 70s early 80s and a bunch of Canadians hauled a half keg to lunch rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter65 View Post
    I will just say it is possible to maneuver a B.O.B. trailer with a keg on it
    Attachment 358709
    Not my picture, but I was involved with some shenanigans that produced similar results, cool stories Willy, the craft beer world is really really cool and creative...big fan
    some of the best people. beer culture is awesome
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

People almost died ....Hey lets talk about Beer LOL
    "It's only steep if you're backseat"

They almost died doing stupid. Beer makes you stupid. I'd say discussing beer is appropriate to this thread.
    By your logic we shouldn't be posting in a ski forum because thousands are dying of Covid every day. We could stop but they'll keep dying.

I think drinking is the pastime that willy is most passionate about so every discussion he has turns to it.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They almost died doing stupid. Beer makes you stupid. I'd say discussing beer is appropriate to this thread.
    By your logic we shouldn't be posting in a ski forum because thousands are dying of Covid every day. We could stop but they'll keep dying.
    The first couple posts were about the subject , the majority of the posts since in this thread are about beer it stuck me as funny . " Beer makes you stupid " Did you just insult the other posters ? Sorry about your friend sounded like a great guy . I digress

When I was a kid at my Uncle place I decided to go for a walk on the hill behind his place . I got to a rather steep open field that had a small road in the middle . I walked across the hill through the middle and tried to jump over the two icy tracks . I fell it was like being on a Bobsled run I was probably doing 20mph or better .I looked down and the road went into the woods with a slight bend ,I was heading for a huge Oak tree I clawed and tried to break but no good . Luckily I hit a bump and got airborne and my foot turned underneath me landing on my hiking boot clips and came to a stop. Scary freak accident.

Quote Originally Posted by AirheadD8 View Post
    The first couple posts were about the subject , the majority of the posts since in this thread are about beer it stuck me as funny . " Beer makes you stupid " Did you just insult the other posters ? Sorry about your friend sounded like a great guy . I digress

When I was a kid at my Uncle place I decided to go for a walk on the hill behind his place . I got to a rather steep open field that had a small road in the middle . I walked across the hill through the middle and tried to jump over the two icy tracks . I fell it was like being on a Bobsled run I was probably doing 20mph or better .I looked down and the road went into the woods with a slight bend ,I was heading for a huge Oak tree I clawed and tried to break but no good . Luckily I hit a bump and got airborne and my foot turned underneath me landing on my hiking boot clips and came to a stop. Scary freak accident.
    this IS a freeform kinda deal. Tucks ravine, tucks beer. mt washington valley. feel free to discuss anything remotely relevant, like a keg of Tucks AT Tucks.
    Went down on some ice years ago, at Attitash, maching around a corner and slid backwards right off the trail. scary as Fuck. lucky I didn't clock one of the stumps they left behind. Helmet on, just braced myself for impact as the off trail falls away rather steeply. Buddy saw it happen. Holy shit ! Are you sure you're okay ?
    I know how to self arrest with an ice ax, but don't put myself in those potential situations anymore. No Fall Zone, sound familiar ?

Thank you^^^
    Name:  riar tuck.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  24.8 KB

Slide for life is no joke. Took a fall on skis on very steep ice, as some of you know. Tried to arrest right away, although I got out of it was a broken pole, broken back, broken ribs, broken hip.

Whoa and you still ski ....I admire your dedication !

Skied for years and never wore a helmet until my first trip to Tucks . First day was blue bird 40's next day frozen 60 grit sandpaper . I went up too far , made three turns and binding blew , made it a couple hundred feet on one ski and hit some crap . Next thing I knew my ski tip still attached and behind my head. Took an 1/8'' of plastic off the back of my helmet .

On topic,
    years ago at Sugarbowl in Tahoe I found myself in a tight spot.
    Solo, I took the gnarly route and wound up looking at a chute that was pretty steep and a thread the needle notch between big exposed rocks maybe 6 or 8 feet wide.
    2 options. Hike out and go around or a balls out line through the lil gap. The lil voice said, pussy out, hike out, tagging that rock with nobody to help might be a fatal play.
    Took an hour to hike out. steep, corn snow and a slip would turn into a slide and no self arrest possible. Woulda been so much easier to just go for it but seemed like a BAD idea.
    never forget that. Backcountry is gnarly. Broken backs and necks and legs can Happen. solo, nobody can hear you scream. No cell phones back then, either.

it was Judah Bowl, pretty sure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUGARpic.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	359064  

Young friend of ours had a go at the Sugarbowl Palisades--a cliff band with no-turn chutes and some mandatory airs that's rarely open--fell near the top, survived the fall to the bottom uninjured, but left his skis on a bench half way down. He asked patrol to get his skis. Patrol said no.

Wow, 12.5' burial, from a D1 avy - that's some kind of nasty terrain trap!

Vibes to family and friends

Hey Jong, get with the program and join the ECRC where everything posted in this thread has already been discussed days beforehand. You're welcome.

And in The Slide Zone
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Hey Jong, get with the program and join the ECRC where everything posted in this thread has already been discussed days beforehand. You're welcome.
    Plus the recent accident is nothing like the one this thread is dedicated to. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Hmm. I think your post makes it clear why willy wants nothing to do with the ECRC.

Sorry ww, this is a sad bump. The recent tragedy is definitely being discussed at lengths in more relevant threads.

Get it together bro, call me if you need help / inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Sorry ww, this is a sad bump. The recent tragedy is definitely being discussed at lengths in more relevant threads.

thanks, mang. been a rough few days but nothing like getting buried alive.. my patience wears thin and I guess I should scour the threads to make sure the news hasn't been posted before. I searched a bit didn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hmm. I think your post makes it clear why willy wants nothing to do with the ECRC.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

I guess I'm just not one of the cool kids here
    just reading this now
    https://vtskiandride.com/avalanche-m...n-ian-forgays/