FS: 4FRNT Raven 184 New in Plastic

I picked these up off mattrwills after falling in love with some devastators. As much as I want them I just don't need them so I am checking to see if anyone is searching. I paid $400 + Shipping and am looking for the same.

SOLD

Link to original thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ing?highlight=
    Last edited by Eluder; 01-16-2021 at 08:54 PM.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I have contemplated these for a while. I have hoji's with Dynafit that I love. I have/had several Volkl full rockered skis. There is a time and a place inbounds for a skinny, easier to turn, chop buster that doesn't hang up like a cambered ski can when the snow gets dense. Think day or two after the storm.....it's tracked, but not still soft and getting dense.

Does this ski fit that bill? How's the flex of the raven compared to a Hoji? Anyone?

I would not call these a Sierra cement chop buster, they are stiff enough *for their weight but not stiff. I’ve skied mine in the resort and not died, and they’re better the lighter and deeper you can find. Re-freeze, chicken heads and most groomers are closer to survival mode then WOOHOOO!

For a “day or two after a storm, tracked, not soft...” I’d say a Praxis MVP would be a better choice: heavier, much more damp/stable, while still having good float/pivot ability/playfulness and those are actually fun on groomers.

But, I love my Raven for what it is and this is a great price if you want one.

Where are you located? I'm interested....

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    I would not call these a Sierra cement chop buster, they are stiff enough *for their weight but not stiff. I’ve skied mine in the resort and not died, and they’re better the lighter and deeper you can find. Re-freeze, chicken heads and most groomers are closer to survival mode then WOOHOOO!

For a “day or two after a storm, tracked, not soft...” I’d say a Praxis MVP would be a better choice: heavier, much more damp/stable, while still having good float/pivot ability/playfulness and those are actually fun on groomers.

But, I love my Raven for what it is and this is a great price if you want one.
    MVP is probably my next ski. My daily drivers are skinny Quixotes now. Only 3 flex with heavy hitter, so they get bucked a little in chop.....more camber than my "flat underfoot" regular width Quixote.

I have Volkl Revolt 124 that are perfect when it's getting choppy, but just a little too wide unless it's an actual pow day.

Sounds like you want a devastator
    Last edited by thurmondmb; 01-16-2021 at 10:49 AM.