Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

International travel during a pandemic

Has anyone travelled (for fun) during covid?

Both my wife and I will be vaccinated in the coming weeks, and we are thinking of doing a 1-2 week vacation. (Teenage kids too)

We’ve travelled a fair amount, and given the state of the world, we aren’t expecting to have a real cultural-experience. But, we are thinking about flying somewhere and renting a house and staying-put for a week or so. Hopefully close to a beach. Maybe some scuba diving/snorkeling. A surf beach nearby would be cool too, but baby waves and long boards are my jam.

Central America? Islands in the Caribbean? Columbia?

What countries are making it easy to show up and blow US Dollars?

New cdc travel guidance.

Can’t get on a plane for home without a test.
    Or a prior covid positive test demonstrated by a doctor letter.

Ironically. Vaccine is not proof. Still need testing. Wtf.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    New cdc travel guidance.

My understanding is that the vaccine has been demonstrated to keep one from getting sick from covid. It has not been demonstrated that the vaccine prevents one from being contagious. So the vaccine is great for the vaccinated, but provides no protection for those around the vaccinated (more accurately, protection has not been proven, so it's treated as no protection).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

shit could be one thing right now, another thing when you are booking, changed by the time you leave and something else when you wana come home

but i am a pessimist
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    New cdc travel guidance.

lots of people are gonna have fake laminated "I was vacineated" cards

the same people that have laminated "I don't have to wear a mask - and you can't ask me why" cards

but most importantly is what Danno said. Ask your wife. She will shake her head and say "if you've been paying attention you should have already known that."

Does the vaccination card have a yellow star on it? Asking for a friend...

No ID card required, they can just use a 5g tower to scan for the tiny microchips that are included in the vaccine. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    What countries are making it easy to show up and blow US Dollars?
    I was just told that hotels and rentals in Los Cabos are providing antigen testing for guests before they leave. I imagine other places will be doing that soon.

whatever you book have some kind of cancelation option, we had no-cancel tickets to Singapore last feb-march on Cathay air, so early on we looked at the developing situ and canceled > a year ago now and so look at what has happened since.

The decision TO bail early on, also cathay quit flying to vancover was probably why my sister somehow got all the money back but I can definatley feel the horseshoes up my ass as I sit here

Rincon, Puerto Rico. You wouldn't actually be leaving the US, so travel is easy. As far as I know, covid testing is not required to reenter the mainland.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Does the vaccination card have a yellow star on it? Asking for a friend...
    No it’s a gold star.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I was just told that hotels and rentals in Los Cabos are providing antigen testing for guests before they leave. I imagine other places will be doing that soon.
    Has Art Shirk asked you to consider the benefits of fractional ownership in the greater Cabo area?
    I still call it The Jake.

I, personally, given what we currently *don't* know regarding the vaccines (Danno's post) wouldn't even *consider* an int'l vacation for awhile.

I'd feel bad if I was vaccinated but still contagious and unwittingly spread that shit to other people who haven't been vaccinated.

Check the country Covid requirement carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I, personally, given what we currently *don't* know regarding the vaccines (Danno's post) wouldn't even *consider* an int'l vacation for awhile.

I'd feel bad if I was vaccinated but still contagious and unwittingly spread that shit to other people who haven't been vaccinated.
    Colorado ski towns are filled with people right now who would snicker at you.

shit can change really quick

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    does it still resemble a snicker with tube down your throat can the nurse even understand you complaining that you specifically ordered a private room or is the feeling of superiority lost being in a crowded ICU ward ?

I have a Puerto Vallarta trip booked for mid February. We booked it on a whim last April when Covid mass hysteria was at an all time high and travel was soooo cheap it was basically free... Direct flights, brand name hotel.

Until a few weeks ago, we were super comfortable with the trip. I have a family member that works for one of the big hotel conglomerates and what we were hearing is that the major hotels were doing everything they could to make their properties COVID safe. My wife had a coworker go to Cabo for two weeks a few months ago on a work trip, and echoed the same comment; in fact she said “I felt safer at the hotel in Cabo than at the grocery in Seattle.” We’re flying Alaska, and they have been running a better COVID program than most airlines...

With news of the new strain and new travel restrictions, we are second guessing our trip. I have until 7 days before takeoff to cancel everything, so we will make our decision in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Ummmmm, surfing in Cabo. Maybe someday, just not soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't even consider travel within my province, let alone international at t his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm sure they are. And they can, with all due respect, fuck right the fuck off.

Pitkin County (Aspen/Snowmass) 7-day average for new cases per 100,000: 228

I'm not traveling in the Beermuda triangle since november, that area between my house and the 2 craft brews ... some one thot i had skipped town

Wouldn't it depend on what country you spread it to?

My rec to the OP is don't travel anywhere you wouldn't want be stuck for months when a new deadly strain pops up and the US closes the border to returnees. Or at least don't complain about it. (Or that your vaccine didn't protect you from the new strain.)

i got some young ski buds who are stranded in New Zealand on a 2 year work visa that us commonwealthers can get,

buddy sez Visa expired and was just automagicly renewed for 6 months cuz NZ needs the workers

they post pictures on FB of livivng out of mini-vans, spearing fish for dinner, surfing and as musicians being allowed to play music in gigs

they don't really want to come home

That might be rough for a family with teenagers.

Tech Tonics, international travel is not only safe, it is advised by the Cabo Fractional Ownership Consortium (CFOC). And lucky you, I am a member and have a fantastic opportunity for you! Imagine the benefits of vacation villa ownership without all the hassle of any meaningful equity. PM me for details about this once in a pandemic opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums