Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I’m so fucking tired of covid

From an ICU nurse’s perspective from working in the intensive care setting through the pandemic.

I’m so fucking tired of all you fuck faces that won’t wear masks because “you don’t believe” or “it’s my right”.

I’ve been the last person so many people have ever seen. I’ve pushed a breathing tube down a persons throat just moments after he gasped “it’s not real”. Literally.

I’ll sit with you and your loved ones while they get pushed to the brink of death, and many of them will die. Wear a mask and lower the number of people that will die.

Make my 48 hour work weeks easier.

Wear a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks Mufasa for everything you do, and well fucking said. Hang in there.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Word! Take care and thank you

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Mahalo Mufasa

You sir....making a difference, thank you.

Truth. I have several friends (and a special lady friend) that are all nurses (and ER doctors) and they are beyond fucking frustrated.

My girlfriend mentioned the other day, something like, "you know, pushing a dead body down the hallway never really gets normal." Ugh.

full support, but people are really dumb

thanks for all you do

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Truth. I have several friends (and a special lady friend) that are all nurses (and ER doctors) and they are beyond fucking frustrated.

My girlfriend mentioned the other day, something like, "you know, pushing a dead body down the hallway never really gets normal." Ugh.
    She's your special lady friend? Your not just helping her conceive?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    She's your special lady friend? Your not just helping her conceive?

Thank you for what you do and for the note. I'm not in your profession but I, too, am sick of the deniers. Schweitzer even went so far as to shut down night skiing this weekend (MLK weekend) due to the harassment the night shift crew was getting for telling customers to wear their masks in the rental shop and lift lines. When they posted the note of not being open for night skiing, the bullshit comments were off the hook. People! It's not that hard! Wear your mask!

I’m so fucking tired of covid

Thanks for all you do. This pandemic has really shown the level of stupidity and selfishness that exists in this country. I knew it was there but not at this level. It’s a shame we couldn’t come together to battle this together and help people like yourselves not have to deal with such an unbelievable situation.

Yeah hang in there. If you get it it’s too late to change habits. I wear masks

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Tired of this shit too. And these covidiot rat lickers. Hang in there.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Sorry, man. You deserve much, much better.

From the ER I appreciate those who pick up the pieces when we are done! Hold the line Mufasa hold the line.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

One minuscule ray of light in the shittiness that is covid is perhaps the general public’s slightly better understanding and appreciation for what intensive care units do and what ICU staff deal with on a daily basis.

They are the last line of defense and are often the smartest people in health care (and not the highest paid). Their jobs are incredibly tough even when it’s not a pandemic and even when the public is following recommendations.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is for them to hear the “masks are bullshit / lockdowns are bullshit/ muh rights!” shit that is all over the place - including on TGR.

Thank you for what you are doing. Reasonable people appreciate that wearing a mask and following general precautions is infinitely easier than what you do on a daily basis.

I had a dream last night that I was at the grocery store and no one was wearing a mask. It totally freaked me out.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This pandemic has really shown the level of stupidity and selfishness that exists in this country. I knew it was there but not at this level.
    My sentiments exactly. It's really pulled back the veneer on this country and what we see underneath is pretty fucking ugly. I'll never look at my country the same way again. That thought depresses me.

Thanks mufasa, and remember there are many, many people who appreciate what you and other health care workers are enduring. Must be frustrating as hell. Hang in there. It won't last forever, even though it sometimes seems like it.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

I also recognize that we’re all effected by this in different ways, and lots of different folks are hurting from this.

My condolences to all of us that have lost people to this, and hope y’all in hard times keep on trucking. Do your best to adapt financially and emotionally 🤙🏼

And wear a damn mask.

Now we have a whole bunch of entitled folks who’ve been vaccinated who now are taking trips and doing work travel etc, which they would not have done had they not been given the vaccine. There is a social inequality building here and it’s gonna get intense.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Thank you for what you do and for the note. I'm not in your profession but I, too, am sick of the deniers. Schweitzer even went so far as to shut down night skiing this weekend (MLK weekend) due to the harassment the night shift crew was getting for telling customers to wear their masks in the rental shop and lift lines. When they posted the note of not being open for night skiing, the bullshit comments were off the hook. People! It's not that hard! Wear your mask!
    Let's be honest, selling $5 night skiing tickets in a gas station isn't going to bring out the *ahem* best people to the mountain... not surprised.

The craziest thing is working in a hospital and listening to coworkers making excusing for why they aren't going to take it. Fucking maddening.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I had a dream last night that I was at the grocery store and no one was wearing a mask. It totally freaked me out.
    you sure you were'nt just high and it was this morning ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

And OP thanks for doing what you do. The superspreaders make it that much more difficult. Ugh. Sorry to hear of your struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa5446 View Post
    I’ve pushed a breathing tube down a persons throat just moments after he gasped “it’s not real”.
    HFS. Sorry and thank you.