Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I had a dream last night that I was at the grocery store and no one was wearing a mask. It totally freaked me out.
    That's a recurring theme in my dreams for the last 6 mos. I usually wake up in a sweat.

Thanks for your service OP

The health care workers are heros for doing their jobs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

so thankful I was able to retire from healthcare last march. I've seen the toll taken by my friends and colleagues.
    wear a mask...and wash yer fuckin hands!

My house is stretched pretty fucking thin. The stress is overwhelming. I get viscerally filled with rage when I hear people talk about the hospitals failing the death certificate to get extra money, how it’s a hoax, not wearing a mask etc. I got an earful from the wife for asking another ski parent if they were just fucking stupid the other day for saying masks don’t work

Hang in there, we’ll eventually come through the other side.

I think I would racer lose my soul to a redhead though

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I clicked on this thread expecting bitching about masking wearing and travel restrictions, so this is refreshing in a somewhat sick and twisted way. Thanks for all you do and the same to detrusor, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa5446 View Post
    From an ICU nurse’s perspective from working in the intensive care setting through the pandemic.

I’m so fucking tired of all you fuck faces that won’t wear masks because “you don’t believe” or “it’s my right”.

I’ve been the last person so many people have ever seen. I’ve pushed a breathing tube down a persons throat just moments after he gasped “it’s not real”. Literally.

I’ll sit with you and your loved ones while they get pushed to the brink of death, and many of them will die. Wear a mask and lower the number of people that will die.

Make my 48 hour work weeks easier.

Wear a mask.

I feel ya. So unfortunate how politics have played such a large part in this pandemic. There has been an unfortunate trend towards distrust of clinicians and science in general. I’ve had so many similar situations with patients that literally don’t believe me when I tell them have covid that that could be what’s making them sick. I have spent countless hours trying to patiently educate people regarding the science behind this pandemic despite the bad info media and politics have pushed.

Thank you for what you do and keep fighting the good fight. Don’t be dissuaded by people who don’t have the wherewithal to wear a mask. Do your part to educate and let them make their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Let's be honest, selling $5 night skiing tickets in a gas station isn't going to bring out the *ahem* best people to the mountain... not surprised.
    Well, yeah, that's a big part of the problem, especially on a holiday weekend when the locals are looking to party and ski simultaneously.

Thanks Mufasa and know that despite the idiots in our society filling up hospitals in denial, there are millions of us standing behind you, thankful for your work and trying to do the right thing to keep your load down. Massive karma coming your way!

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Let's be honest, selling $5 night skiing tickets in a gas station isn't going to bring out the *ahem* best people to the mountain... not surprised.
    Ski jeans and Sx90's need to bust out somewhere.

48 hour weeks? What are you working 1/2 days now?

Kidding - Keep you heads up - Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    She's your special lady friend? Your not just helping her conceive?
    Well... that's a touchy conversation, man. How do I break the news that I'm already snipped? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    48 hour weeks? What are you working 1/2 days now?

Kidding - Keep you heads up - Thx!
    Haha but for real, yeah. 12 hour shifts 4 days a week

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by mufasa5446 View Post
    From an ICU nurse’s perspective from working in the intensive care setting through the pandemic.

I’m so fucking tired of all you fuck faces that won’t wear masks because “you don’t believe” or “it’s my right”.

I’ve been the last person so many people have ever seen. I’ve pushed a breathing tube down a persons throat just moments after he gasped “it’s not real”. Literally.

I’ll sit with you and your loved ones while they get pushed to the brink of death, and many of them will die. Wear a mask and lower the number of people that will die.

Make my 48 hour work weeks easier.

Wear a mask.

Ditto buddy. I am SO. FUCKING. TIRED. Mandatory OT almost every week here too.

Over pushing so many bodies to the morgue. Seems like 2-3 per shift is the norm anymore.

Over trying to convince some obese non believer that he'll very likely die if gets out of bed because he's on 200% oxygen and he can't hold 90% just talking to me, while faux news blares in the background. Then he'll be intubated anyway, tomorrow if not sooner and have a 50% chance of surviving.

Nurses are dropping like flies on my unit just when need them most. One of my coworkers, a seasoned ICU Nurse of seven years, just walked out of our overflow COVID ICU before getting his patients a couple weeks ago. He'd had enough. Not cool but can't really blame him.

So over all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    The craziest thing is working in a hospital and listening to coworkers making excusing for why they aren't going to take it. Fucking maddening.
    I've only encountered one. Can't talk to him about it, I'll lose it. He's good at his job and I have to work with him. I can't stand people showing pictures of their big ass families gathering for the holidays without a mask in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Well... that's a touchy conversation, man. How do I break the news that I'm already snipped? ;-)
    On the first date if not sooner is how I roll! Everyone who knows me knows I hate kids and want no part of them. Even someone else's.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Delete your post, quick! And we won't tell her!

Thanks for everything you guys do, OP and others. COVID has been wearing on me at work in the lab, but its NOTHING compared to what you guys have to deal with.

You will just have to keep trying. Getterdun.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You will just have to keep trying. Getterdun.
    My cat is fixed and can still spray like a mofo.
    Enjoy your sexy time buddeh

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Over pushing so many bodies to the morgue. Seems like 2-3 per shift is the norm anymore.
    I mentioned this upthread, but, yeah. I feel ya. My lady comes home from a lot of shifts lately and I can tell she was crying during the drive. It shakes me up.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Delete your post, quick! And we won't tell her!
    Nah, it's also a great way to get out of wearing a condom. ;-) Haha. I was upfront about it.

Getting snipped has been the best thing I've ever done. Only regret is not doing it sooner.

It leads to dementia.

Too late, ha!

The data is very weak on that relationship. So far anyway.

Getting snipped has been the best thing I've ever done. Only regret is not doing it sooner.
    I'm on board. Got it done shortly after my third kid was born. Didn't expect to get divorced and have it turn into a benefit, but hey, gotta play with the cards you're dealt.

Too late, ha!
    Totally. I'm 13 yeRs post snip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IezlWijcdQk