Can I eat this Part 2 (or another thread about old food)

Had a couple squash getting soft. 1 acorn that almost feels cooked and a butternut that's just a little soft. Cut both open and didn't see or smell anything weird, just seeds and squash smell. Currently baking.
    I have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to all but the worst used up french fry oil so I'm thinking it's fine.
    Anyway, will provide updates from the cosina y/o baño de SAHM.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm so bored.
    And the butternut squash wasn't very good.
    No longer stuck.

I just made a soba noodle slaw... Asian style seasoning w/ cabbage, scallions, carrots etc. Needed to use up half a head of cabbage. I mixed in leftover cabbage from another dish from 10 days ago or so, couldn't remember what it was...

Then I remembered the previous cabbage dish was this Indian style chicken/cabbage/yogurt raisin curry mix.

So 10 day old chicken juice and yogurt soaked cabbage mixed into tonights dinner.

Bon appetit

I'm so bored.
    And the butternut squash wasn't very good.
    I cooked one up a few months back that had started turning color but hadn't gone soft.

Was bland, no flavor.

Dog wouldn't even touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by been in it View Post
    I just made a soba noodle slaw... Asian style seasoning w/ cabbage, scallions, carrots etc. Needed to use up half a head of cabbage. I mixed in leftover cabbage from another dish from 10 days ago or so, couldn't remember what it was...

Then I remembered the previous cabbage dish was this Indian style chicken/cabbage/yogurt raisin curry mix.

So 10 day old chicken juice and yogurt soaked cabbage mixed into tonights dinner.

Bon appetit
    I think I've eaten lots of 10 day old stuff. Once it's cooked it seems to be good for a long while if kept cold. Also, anything with vinegar in it seems to last forever. Seen plenty of moldy pasta sauce, but not salsa. Never. Not once.

Also, the steak I ate was a little old. Think I'll be ok though.
    No longer stuck.

All of the above ^^ is why god invented the Frittata
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

With the eggs? Gotta add that to the rotation.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by been in it View Post

Bon appetit
    Would the yogurt spoiled the whole cabbage you used by now? How's your stomach doing?

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

if it doesn't smell bad you prob have the corona

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    if it doesn't smell bad you prob have the corona
    also a good reason to offer to take out that garbage

does anybody think some chef decided one day he was going to invent the Fritttata ?

Or did his mom just thro a bunch of used food outa the fridge into the pan with some eggs hit broil and stick it infront of buddy and say "eat a yo so skinny !"
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Man those were good hot dogs.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Man those were good hot dogs.
    Aged to perfection?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Aged to perfection?
    Just like the original thread.

*kisses fingertips*
    I still call it The Jake.

I've never had food poisonings in my life until a couple weeks ago, and now I'm on a roll with some near misses. Ate a bite of sausage that tasted oddly sour. Sick as a dog for the rest of the day. Probably lost a lb or two. A few days after that I was eating a curry with a store bought roti. Half way through the roti I discovered mold patches on the bottom. Thankfully didn't get sick. Couple days after that I ate a bite of chicken that was off (smelled and tasted normal but the texture was really weird), didn't get sick.

Basically if I ever give advice in this thread maybe ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I've never had food poisonings in my life until a couple weeks ago, and now I'm on a roll with some near misses. Ate a bite of sausage that tasted oddly sour. Sick as a dog for the rest of the day. Probably lost a lb or two. A few days after that I was eating a curry with a store bought roti. Half way through the roti I discovered mold patches on the bottom. Thankfully didn't get sick. Couple days after that I ate a bite of chicken that was off (smelled and tasted normal but the texture was really weird), didn't get sick.

Basically if I ever give advice in this thread maybe ignore it.
    From someone who has been down with food poisoning over a dozen times... yah. It's teh suk. The shitty part, it's primarily been from eating out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The shitty part, it's primarily been from eating out.
    Heh, this was all on me - the flatbread was the only thing I bought out, the rest I 'cooked' lol.

I have a jar of guajillo sauce I made and there's two quarter inch circles of mold on the inside of the metal lid. Rest 'looks' ok.. Thoughts?

That would one of the good things about being a dog. You never have to ask the OP’s question.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I have a jar of guajillo sauce I made and there's two quarter inch circles of mold on the inside of the metal lid. Rest 'looks' ok.. Thoughts?
    Can I have your stuff?

you're good brah. if this is anything like the guajillo salsa from a joint called guajillo's in san antonio, tx it is immortal, immune to malfeasance and can cause no harm

seriously though best salsa in the united states, and i fucks w salsa

I have family in SA, very jealous of the food options yall have there.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Can I have your stuff?
    You're handy in the kitchen right? Can you get dry guajillo peppers in your area?

I use the sauce portion of this recipe, it's awesome stuff, best as an enchilada sauce.

https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/g...o-chilaquiles/

Can I eat this Part 2 (or another thread about old food)

Got a two pack of pork butts from Costco. Cut open the package and put one in the freezer and wrapped the other in a trash bag and put it by the door to put in the cooler to cook the following day. Left the house and came back 7-8 hours later to a warm pork butt. Oops, forgot to put it in the cooler.

Spoiler, I freaked, threw it in the oven, completely unseasoned, and cooked it overnight. Smelled and tasted fine, so I made some pulled pork breakfast tacos. It took me surviving three separate pulled pork meals, but I’m now allowed to feed it to the rest of the family.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    you're good brah. if this is anything like the guajillo salsa from a joint called guajillo's in san antonio, tx it is immortal, immune to malfeasance and can cause no harm

seriously though best salsa in the united states, and i fucks w salsa
    Holy shit... went to Guajillo's about 10 years ago on the way to Port Aransas. That place has great food.