Red Lodge Mountain Touring Beta?

Looking to get out of dodge for a week with the wife and pup and have 3 free days at Red Lodge on our season pass. Thinking mid-Feb.

Any nearby spots for some meadow skipping with the pup and wife on our off-mountain days? Or someone I could buy a socially-distance beer for for local beta. Looks like there must be some skiing off of 212 if it stays open during winter?

212 (Beartooth Highway) doesn't stay open during winter, but yes there is some killer touring up there. I've only been in the summer.

I think there is a mag that used to live in Red Lodge, but I can't remember who.

I am not an expert on the area. However I was impressed with the area around east rosebud. Do not remember much meadow skipping. But definitely would recommend checking it out just for the scenery. Disappointed to see the Grizzly Bar is closed.
    off your knees Louie

Used to live there but it was before I was a skier. I know there is some meadow skipping in the vicinity of the ski area but it is pretty mini-golf. It can be hard to avoid steep terrain, and access is limited in winter with 212 closed. E. Rosebud has great options but it is 90 mins+ drive from town and also mostly steep

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    212 (Beartooth Highway) doesn't stay open during winter, but yes there is some killer touring up there. I've only been in the summer.

I think there is a mag that used to live in Red Lodge, but I can't remember who.

AnotherVTskibum is the mag who lived there until about a year ago. PM him as he seems to be a wealth of local red lodge knolledge.

Getting to red lodge is a bit more of a task in the winter. It's at the end of a dead end hwy until memorial day.
    I'd bet just strolling in the rock creek canyon could be beautiful mid winter.

Also, maybe check in with Sylvan Peak mtn. shop for beta...