WTT- 180 Brahma for Scimitar/Bridge or similar. (In MT but will ship)

I have some 2014 180 Blizzard Brahma that are not seeing any use and looking to trade. I would like something that rides similar to my rockered 2010 186 Gotama (but narrower and easier on my knees) when I am teaching my kids and worming through bumps/trees.

I would be interested in something like the rocked Volkl Bridge, Rossi Scimitar, or if you have something else similar-ish (all-mountain, playful, 95mm underfoot) I am all ears. I am not expecting a new ski but want something that has some good life left that have been sitting around like what I would be swapping.

The Brahma are on their second mount with Tyrolia attack 15 bindings for 27.5 boots (315 bsl I think). The first mount was for Look pivot 306 BSL when a bought them from Like a Boss. No core shots; the bases and edges are in good shape with plenty of pop left in the skis. He had one season on them and I put about 5 short days on them since.

A local trade would be great but not required. I am open to trades flat or with bindings. Thanks.

Jim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210112_201028887.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	357630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210112_201230895.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	357631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210112_200923104.MP.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	357632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210112_200917958.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	357633

Obvi you are looking for a trade, but if Sierra still has the non-HP FX95 I think that may be a good option. Sub $300 shipped. Offset that via a Brahma sale. Not a bad route

Jake, thanks for the suggestion. After digging a little it looks for the FX-95 are pretty similar to the brahma functionally ... more-carve oriented (just plus 7mm underfoot). Unfortunately, the other skis on sierra also seem to overlap with what I already have.

But to your other point, I'd consider selling the brahma to offset the cost of what I am looking for. If I am willing to ship anyway, there is no reason to be so rigid and only entertain trades.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejim83 View Post
    Jake, thanks for the suggestion. After digging a little it looks for the FX-95 are pretty similar to the brahma functionally ... more-carve oriented (just plus 7mm underfoot). Unfortunately, the other skis on sierra also seem to overlap with what I already have.

But to your other point, I'd consider selling the brahma to offset the cost of what I am looking for. If I am willing to ship anyway, there is no reason to be so rigid and only entertain trades.
    I’d say the FX 95HP (with metal) would be akin to the Brahma, but the non metal ones (on Sierra)are def more supple. Not quite as loosey goosey as those full rocker bridges, but def not as edgy as a brahma. Really kind of in the middle. Either way happy hunting

I will say that the Scimitar is perfect for this application. But, Might have better luck finding the shorter 4frnt devastator?

I don’t find Meridians as good as the Scimitar as they do not initiate slow turns as well.

How about Daemons?

54-46, I think Daemons would fit the bill. You got some?

From what can tell the 4frnt Devastator seems like a nice easy ski but very similar to my Gotama (106 underfoot) so it wouldn't address the interest something narrower. I already have the fat and mid-fat ranges covered with 190 Bibby (118 mm underfoot) and 186 gotama (106mm underfoot). I really like the Gotama but I am not sure how much action they will see on soft days now that I have the Bibby. BUT if I had a narrower Gotama-like ski at 95ish underfoot (scimitar, bridge, daemon, etc), that would really balance things out for days that I won't be charging much and don't really need any float.

There are some 183 Daemons in Gear Swap. They ski short and easy. No camber.

Sent the OP a PM

Responded to the PM. Still on the hunt, I think.