Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    i don't want to help my friends move and I'm smart enough to not buy a boat

I could borrow a full sized PU if i need one but I haven't

Bob the ski hill owner used to say a sheet of plywood makes a great bed protector and then if you ver need a sheet of plywood .. you got one
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    <snip>
    I could borrow a full sized PU if i need one
    Much like boats, the best pickup is the one your buddy owns and can loan you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    As a homeowner, I've rarely used my truck for honey-do things. You can hire for that.
    Heh true, but I went and spent the hire out money buying the boat. That thing sure is fun though.

I have a sheet of plywood in the bed right now actually, that's pretty funny XXX. Good weight in the back for winter also.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Word. What truck did you end up with? You were looking for an OBS Ford for a while.
    Found a killer deal on a F150 FX4. Super clean, 97,000 miles and a matching topper, paid $7,100 out-the-door with tax, title, etc. Drives great, love it. I've put about 30k on it and besides scheduled maintenance the only issue I've had was the fuel pump died about a year ago. But, it died in my driveway, so I still kinda consider that a win. Had BobMc do the plugs at 100k per the maintenance schedule and Bob assures I don't have to worry about spitting one. If I listed it on KSL today for $6k it would probably be gone in 24 hours. I figure it will be worth over $5k for at least another 20-30k miles, or maybe I'll just gift it to the kid when he's 16 in 5 years.

So I had to buy end of june / early july and, in the immortal words of Mitch McDeere to sonny capps, "....you're gonna feel like you been fucked with a dick the size of a telephone pole"
    "Can't you see..."

Used car pricing these days

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Found a killer deal on a F150 FX4. Super clean, 97,000 miles and a matching topper, paid $7,100 out-the-door with tax, title, etc. Drives great, love it. I've put about 30k on it and besides scheduled maintenance the only issue I've had was the fuel pump died about a year ago. But, it died in my driveway, so I still kinda consider that a win. Had BobMc do the plugs at 100k per the maintenance schedule and Bob assures I don't have to worry about spitting one. If I listed it on KSL today for $6k it would probably be gone in 24 hours. I figure it will be worth over $5k for at least another 20-30k miles, or maybe I'll just gift it to the kid when he's 16 in 5 years.
    And hey, if you had a short bed taco, that couch you scored wouldn't have been as free. Lol.

Put me in the use my full size truck bed all the time camp. Hell a short bed doesn't even hold skis without it being a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Heh true, but I went and spent the hire out money buying the boat. That thing sure is fun though. ,

I have a sheet of plywood in the bed right now actually, that's pretty funny XXX. Good weight in the back for winter also.
    actualy my tennant has a full sized PU so i already got one sitting in the driveway, i just don't pay for it

Bob was also smart enough to sell the ski hill and just buy seasons passes

this summer I was at the bike trail head when i count 6 vehicals, 4 tacos, a GM and a honda

one was a short bed taco ... way too short
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    And hey, if you had a short bed taco, that couch you scored wouldn't have been as free. Lol.
    Heh, worth it for the couch hauling alone. Couch has been awesome, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Tis true. Wanna know what makes it even more nuts? I bought it from a Porsche dealer. Found it sitting on their back lot one morning in their trade-in section. Asked the manager how much he wanted. He said it just got traded in that morning for a new 911 Turbo, and he'd be happy to just get what they paid for it ($150) and not bother with the hassle of wholesaling it to auction or anything. So, I ran to an ATM, grabbed some cash and drove away with my lovely 80s yellow-tan (super fugly color actually) Subaru. Man, I dogged the crap out of that car and took it to about 200K. Good times. Loved that little turd.
    Funny. I ended up buying a Porsche Cayman from a Subaru dealer. Got a smoking deal on it. Guy who traded it in wanted something that he could drive year round. $69k car brand new in 2014, and I got it for less than half that price with only 24k miles on it. He never drove it in winter. Kept it garaged. Dealer serviced. It looked brand new, other than a bit of scuffing on one of the wheels. I may look to sell it this summer if used car prices stay strong, especially if I can get close to what I paid for it. Damn fun car to drive though!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Funny. I ended up buying a Porsche Cayman from a Subaru dealer. Got a smoking deal on it. Guy who traded it in wanted something that he could drive year round. $69k car brand new in 2014, and I got it for less than half that price with only 24k miles on it. He never drove it in winter. Kept it garaged. Dealer serviced. It looked brand new, other than a bit of scuffing on one of the wheels. I may look to sell it this summer if used car prices stay strong, especially if I can get close to what I paid for it. Damn fun car to drive though!
    Ironically, Porsche specs winter wheel and tire sizes for all of their cars. They expect you to drive it in the winter.

Used car pricing these days

I know you’ve all heard this but it’s worth repeating:

If you don’t have an 8’ bed on a truck, it’s not a truck, it’s a $40k toy.

Back on topic, I’ll be selling my ‘08 4Runner V6 with 225k, it’s in great shape because...Toyota. Really interested to see what I can get out of it

Nice. Sounds like a good score.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Ironically, Porsche specs winter wheel and tire sizes for all of their cars. They expect you to drive it in the winter.
    I don't know if I'd say expect, other than it is very German in the sense that they couldn't comprehend driving in snow without snow tires, the proper tool for the job.
    Live Free or Die

Holy shit. I remember when... That's alright, mine just turned 22

I know y'all don't want to hear it but 06-09 Land Rovers and Range Rovers with the Jag motors are selling pretty cheap now. Surprisingly cheap actually. When I was looking a few months ago I couldn't believe what some of the truly capable suv's were going for and I landed on LR because the prices were so good. Reality is if they're still out there being used all the time most of the Brit car bugs are worked out already or can be without being any more expensive than anything else. I hear all of these crazy expensive problems or big hassle problems like the failed fuel pump above, with just about everything else or like Toyotas they're crazy expensive to start with. You can get something that was between $60-95k new for $4-10k with pretty low miles. I got a $93k supercharged Range Rover for under $5k with 120k on it in October. I've put almost 5k on it since and it's been trouble free. It needs some tlc and some stuff is worn out but nothing a warm weekend in the driveway in March won't solve. Don't be afraid of those years LR's they're not nearly the problem vehicle that their reputation would lead you to think and they're really nice to drive.

wow, this thread caused me to go look at pricing for my 2005 Tundra SR5 4x4 double cab. In 9/2014 I paid 15k flat to my neighbor when the truck had 36k miles. Looking at this truck right now, given that it just hit 82k, i could probably sell it for at least what i paid!

this summer i got to ride to/from a river trip in a brand new dodge diesel bighorn or whatever and gawd i'd LOVE to have something that plush, but we're talkin 60k. yikes. i don't know how average people can afford 40k+ for trucks and cars in general.

meh, i'll sit tight with my basic tundra and old turbo subaru for as long as possible, thank you. my buddy clued me in to a nice car upgrade trick. apple airpods pro earbuds. took all the damn noise away from my poverty vehicles and now i ride in style. noise canceling FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Holy shit. I remember when... That's alright, mine just turned 22

I know y'all don't want to hear it but 06-09 Land Rovers and Range Rovers with the Jag motors are selling pretty cheap now. Surprisingly cheap actually. When I was looking a few months ago I couldn't believe what some of the truly capable suv's were going for and I landed on LR because the prices were so good. Reality is if they're still out there being used all the time most of the Brit car bugs are worked out already or can be without being any more expensive than anything else. I hear all of these crazy expensive problems or big hassle problems like the failed fuel pump above, with just about everything else or like Toyotas they're crazy expensive to start with. You can get something that was between $60-95k new for $4-10k with pretty low miles. I got a $93k supercharged Range Rover for under $5k with 120k on it in October. I've put almost 5k on it since and it's been trouble free. It needs some tlc and some stuff is worn out but nothing a warm weekend in the driveway in March won't solve. Don't be afraid of those years LR's they're not nearly the problem vehicle that their reputation would lead you to think and they're really nice to drive.

I'm just going to let it ride given he has owned it for all of three months. Plenty of time for him to figure it out on his own.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

Back on topic, I’ll be selling my ‘08 4Runner V6 with 225k, it’s in great shape because...Toyota. Really interested to see what I can get out of it
    I’ll be curious to see what you get for it. My wife has an ‘07 4Runner with only 75k miles. Obviously a big difference in mileage but still. Maybe I should sell it here???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    <snip>
    Does it have an 8' bed?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

I saw the tracked used car sales data for December and used car pricing was +14% yoy
    of course this doesn't include the untracked channels (ie pvt sales and the small dealers) but sounded about right to me
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    wow, this thread caused me to go look at pricing for my 2005 Tundra SR5 4x4 double cab. In 9/2014 I paid 15k flat to my neighbor when the truck had 36k miles. Looking at this truck right now, given that it just hit 82k, i could probably sell it for at least what i paid!

this summer i got to ride to/from a river trip in a brand new dodge diesel bighorn or whatever and gawd i'd LOVE to have something that plush, but we're talkin 60k. yikes. i don't know how average people can afford 40k+ for trucks and cars in general.

meh, i'll sit tight with my basic tundra and old turbo subaru for as long as possible, thank you. my buddy clued me in to a nice car upgrade trick. apple airpods pro earbuds. took all the damn noise away from my poverty vehicles and now i ride in style. noise canceling FTW.
    Those trucks are over $80k now. They afford them because they spend all their money or they finance them for 80 or 90-some months.

Yeah you'll all see. I'm good with it I knew I was pushing it...

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    I’ll be curious to see what you get for it. My wife has an ‘07 4Runner with only 75k miles. Obviously a big difference in mileage but still. Maybe I should sell it here???

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If its V8 and locked in the rear you could prob get 18k in MT....

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Rather than Popcorn meme, I was thinking Thoughts & Prayers meme...