PSA - Dynastar Menace Proto - $299 (Level9 Steal of the Day)

https://www.levelninesports.com/steal-of-the-day

Active for another ~14-hours...

It looks like the have the Boys' and Girls' sizes.

No tax and free shipping...$299 landed!!

I bought the Boys' version and plan on mounting them like +10 (just joking about that last part)

Git Sum!!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Hell, use the coupon code snowalert, for 10 bucks off while you're at it.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Thanks BM!

I'm surprised you ordered the Boy's version? Ahh reread and think I misinterpreted boys and girls.

I was kinda waiting for this. I checked last night and it was the deal of the day, but at $399 so was surprised to see this.
    Last edited by comish; 01-12-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    He who has the most fun wins!

You have taken your gear whoring to new levels with the pandemic and it's very admirable. I already have 4 skis in the 115+ slot so can't really justify these, though I want to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    You have taken your gear whoring to new levels with the pandemic and it's very admirable. I already have 4 skis in the 115+ slot so can't really justify these, though I want to try them.
    Looking forward to his 10+ ski Dynastar quiver next year.

This ski is pretty much my daily now. I only wish for Billygoats in the very wet, windfucked and difficult snow that we all know Billygoats excel in. Otherwise, I would rather have these in nearly any condition.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Thanks BM!

I'm surprised you ordered the Boy's version? Ahh reread and think I misinterpreted boys and girls.

I was kinda waiting for this. I checked last night and it was the deal of the day, but at $399 so was surprised to see this.
    I hoped you jumped on this. I had you in mind when I posted the PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Looking forward to his 10+ ski Dynastar quiver next year.

This ski is pretty much my daily now. I only wish for Billygoats in the very wet, windfucked and difficult snow that we all know Billygoats excel in. Otherwise, I would rather have these in nearly any condition.
    This ski has been on my “want to try” shortlist. I love BG’s but find I don’t use them very often when I travel outside the PNW. Really looking forward to getting on these.

I’m still wanting to try a 192 MFree 108, but I need to figure out the Woodsman 108 first. But, yeah...was a big Dynastar fan years back (think LP/XXL years) and am always open to a “return to grace”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    but I need to figure out the Woodsman 108 first.
    I've given up trying to understand that ski, or why anyone would try to make them work with so many other better skis on the market that don't require hitting them with a flat file or creek rocks to make them ski semi normal. I feel your Blizzard, Volkl and Nordica quivers all cover whatever it is the Woodsman is supposed to do?

This ski has been on my “want to try” shortlist. I love BG’s but find I don’t use them very often when I travel outside the PNW. Really looking forward to getting on these.

I’m still wanting to try a 192 MFree 108, but I need to figure out the Woodsman 108 first. But, yeah...was a big Dynastar fan years back (think LP/XXL years) and am always open to a “return to grace”.
    I hated the woodsman. Love the mfree 108. Stop wasting precious turns on a ski you need to "figure out" and start riding a ski that has you figured out already.

Or you could keep figuring them out and sell the M-Frees to me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I've given up trying to understand that ski, or why anyone would try to make them work with so many other better skis on the market that don't require hitting them with a flat file or creek rocks to make them ski semi normal. I feel your Blizzard, Volkl and Nordica quivers all cover whatever it is the Woodsman is supposed to do?
    In the deep mank after the storm cycle last week, the WD108 felt amazing...like a skinnier BG. I felt so “at home” on them in all the playful terrain at Stevens...and then they fell apart on the groomers. It does seem like the MFree108 would give them a run for their money and ski the whole mountain, not just freshies and soft leftovers.

That said, if I cannot make the WD108 work, I will probably never buy another ON3P ski. It shouldn’t be this much work to make a ski work.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I hated the woodsman. Love the mfree 108. Stop wasting precious turns on a ski you need to "figure out" and start riding a ski that has you figured out already.
    Done. Peer pressure got to me. 192 MFrees have been ordered.

Attaboy!!

Haha. You kill me. I should have known this was going to happen.

.Name:  pd1y7.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  65.0 KB

Buying that ski in a 180 is kinda like buying a Boxter...I mean is it really a Porsche ?

I picked up a pair of the Legend Pro Team F-Team last season and they’ve been glorious. They only have man size.
    Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Buying that ski in a 180 is kinda like buying a Boxter...I mean is it really a Porsche ?

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Haha. You kill me. I should have known this was going to happen.
    Yes, I am very predictable. The Menace Protos and M Free 108’s will both get Warden demos so I can share them with Junior. I’m also putting Warden demos on my new Katanas (those are currently stuck in Canada).

I grew up as a shop rat and had access to all the shop demos. I’m trying to afford my kids the same opportunity. Only my 17-yo is big enough to benefit, though.