Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Greg, I PMed you but wasn’t able to add this pic. Please let me know your thoughts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69743DA4-FDA9-437E-A34C-6F6893F7F3EC.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	381575

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Greg, I PMed you but wasn’t able to add this pic. Please let me know your thoughts

Name:	69743DA4-FDA9-437E-A34C-6F6893F7F3EC.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	381575
    Hey phatboy, please share your data with me by turning the app on, choosing "Verifyt Connect" and scanning the QR code one page back (page 13). That will allow me to rotate the image laterally and vertically, as well as show your instep numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Hey phatboy, please share your data with me by turning the app on, choosing "Verifyt Connect" and scanning the QR code one page back (page 13). That will allow me to rotate the image laterally and vertically, as well as show your instep numbers.
    Found the code. Sent it both ways….thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Found the code. Sent it both ways….thanks!
    Got it. Check your email for my response.

The Fischer app is perplexing. I measure 263/100 and 259/98. I have a pair of 26.5 Fischer Rangers and a pair of 26.5 Atomic Hawx. The app tells me my size is 28.5.....

Got it. Check your email for my response.
    Got it! thanks for the quick response...

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    The Fischer app is perplexing. I measure 263/100 and 259/98. I have a pair of 26.5 Fischer Rangers and a pair of 26.5 Atomic Hawx. The app tells me my size is 28.5.....
    It's the interpretation of the results, not the accuracy of the scanning app. The various scanners in use, including Verifyt, Fisher and the in-store platform ShooIQ (Corpus.E) / Fischer deliver very similar results, the accuracy depending mostly on how the customer stands and/or lines up their feet (lots of people scrunch their feet up as they get them into the VR blue circles on Verifyt, which tends to shorten them).

No one is sure exactly how to translate that into a formula to help people buy boots online. Typically I would put you in a 26.5 if an expert, avid skier, 27.5 if a "normal" 10-12 times per year skier. You probably measure out at around 270mm on a Brannock device, depending on how your heel is shaped, so most shops would probably put you there, but plenty of people use "conversion charts" with their US street shoe size to figure out what boot to buy, and this would probably be 28.5.

If you don't already know what mondopoint size you need, chances are high that you should be in the "normal" or "comfort" fit, especially if you don't have access to bootfitting (or have any idea of what a bootfitter can do), If you sell a lot of boots online, the reasoning behind going a little bigger is valid. How much bigger is an open question.

PS The platform Corpus.E scanners (the Fischer in-store uses this hardware) have a "slider" that allows you to pick your skier type, which changes the size recommendation accordingly - it can vary by as much as 1.5 mondo. The disadvantage is it is large, bulky and in the ski shop, not in the customer's home.

Interesting points and observations. I am somewhat surprised the Fischer app does build a skier level variable into the sizing recommendation. The would be very simple. As for me in my current boot of choice, the Atomic Hawx, I would never go bigger than 26.5. I do prefer the Prime with the 100mm width, even with that width my left shell needs punching to widen it a bit for the back of the fifth metatarsal.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Interesting points and observations. I am somewhat surprised the Fischer app does build a skier level variable into the sizing recommendation. The would be very simple. As for me in my current boot of choice, the Atomic Hawx, I would never go bigger than 26.5. I do prefer the Prime with the 100mm width, even with that width my left shell needs punching to widen it a bit for the back of the fifth metatarsal.
    The Fischer phone app has me at 27.2 to 27.4, and suggests a 28.5 boot. Like you, I normally wear a 26.5 and wore a 25.5 as a racer.

The in-store platform Fischer machine, built by Corpus.e, does have the ability to select skier type (racy is the top) which does drop me down to 26.5 (at least in the Sidas version of the machine). Sidas' software also has the ability to load interior scans of most current boots and match the shell shapes with your foot, which is visually very cool but not extremely useful to bootfitters who know their product lines well.

Connected a new scan for you to look at GregL! I ski fulltilt original shell size 24 (seems made for my feet), hoji pro tour 25 with dalbello wrap liner and xt free lv size 24 (a bit painful still).

Quote Originally Posted by herrgard View Post
    Connected a new scan for you to look at GregL! I ski fulltilt original shell size 24 (seems made for my feet), hoji pro tour 25 with dalbello wrap liner and xt free lv size 24 (a bit painful still).
    Sorry, herrgard, I'm not seeing your scan - you hit the blue Verifyt Connect button to "Connect with a store" and then scanned the QR code on page 13 of this thread? It should take a few seconds, then confirm you "Connected with Store!" . . .

Sorry, herrgard, I'm not seeing your scan - you hit the blue Verifyt Connect button to "Connect with a store" and then scanned the QR code on page 13 of this thread? It should take a few seconds, then confirm you "Connected with Store!" . . .
    Yes, but I tried to do it now again and it confirmed with connected to store. Doesn't look like I can add pictures due to low post count but maybe I can email them to you?

Hmmm. Still not showing. Try the "Text/Email" button and use glouie@evo.com as the address. Thanks for your patience!

Hmmm. Still not showing. Try the "Text/Email" button and use glouie@evo.com as the address. Thanks for your patience!
    OK, got it, thanks for being willing to re-share it. Could be something wrong with the QR code, though that was previously the cleanest way to share the data.

Looking at your images, your boot choices seem fine - your foot is narrower than anything extant for recreational boots, and the tall instep (esp. the right foot) is a problem. I would suggest a Dalbello Krypton Pro for the lift-served boot (24.5) for similar tall instep dimensions, slightly narrower last, and better hardware quality than the FT. The Lange XT LV last is a bit low over the instep for you, an Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD might be a better choice, fit-wise. Hoji is also a bit roomy in the forefoot, but I guess you know that. You run with custom footbeds, right? Your arch is quite distinct and relatively far forward, no stock shape is going to fit.

OK, got it, thanks for being willing to re-share it. Could be something wrong with the QR code, though that was previously the cleanest way to share the data.

Looking at your images, your boot choices seem fine - your foot is narrower than anything extant for recreational boots, and the tall instep (esp. the right foot) is a problem. I would suggest a Dalbello Krypton Pro for the lift-served boot (24.5) for similar tall instep dimensions, slightly narrower last, and better hardware quality than the FT. The Lange XT LV last is a bit low over the instep for you, an Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD might be a better choice, fit-wise. Hoji is also a bit roomy in the forefoot, but I guess you know that. You run with custom footbeds, right? Your arch is quite distinct and relatively far forward, no stock shape is going to fit.
    No problem, thank you for feet knowledge

Yes, bootfitters usually point out my instep and arch, and right foot is always causing most issues. I use custom sidas footbeds, reinforced in the back half and grinded down. Dalbello krypton/lupo is actually next on my list of boots to try. My trusted old fulltilts feel a bit soft and imprecise these days and I need to use them in bindings with adjustable afd because they are so worn down. I don't feel any instep pain when skiing the langes, but naked foot in shell and the bend between lower and upper is very close to my instep. Pain is on the outside of the foot, is it possible instep/arch is pressed down and widening the foot? I choose hoji over xtd because in walk mode I felt a bit pressure on achilles, but maybe that's something that would disappear with liner break-in. XTD felt very good on the lower leg though, but a bit painful to get in/out of.

Care to elaborate on the far forward arch a bit? That is new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by herrgard View Post
    No problem, thank you for feet knowledge I don't feel any instep pain when skiing the langes, but naked foot in shell and the bend between lower and upper is very close to my instep. Pain is on the outside of the foot, is it possible instep/arch is pressed down and widening the foot? I choose hoji over xtd because in walk mode I felt a bit pressure on achilles, but maybe that's something that would disappear with liner break-in. XTD felt very good on the lower leg though, but a bit painful to get in/out of. Care to elaborate on the far forward arch a bit? That is new to me.
    Yes, it is possible for pressure on the instep to widen the forefoot, but usually people notice the instep pressure first. Punching to widen the forefoot is a bootfitter's bread and butter, so almost anyone who's practiced the craft for a year or two should be able to help you. Pressure around the Achilles in an unmolded boot is not normally something to worry about - if it still bothers you after the boot and liner are heat molded, a bootfitter should be able to compress the foam around the Achilles to fix it (but if it becomes sloppy and your heel starts slipping later it can't be brought back). Can't help you on the Ultra XTD being hard to put on/take off, the small cuff diameter (which also makes them ski well for most people) is the culprit. Just make sure the boots are warm when you do it and make it quick. Alpine Boot Horn (search in Amazon) can help a lot. When I say your arch has a forward position, it just means the apex of the curve is further ahead than an average person - no big deal if you are using a custom footbed, but it might make it hard to match up with a trim-to-fit one (usually involves getting a size too big and cutting off the extra from the toe).

Yes, it is possible for pressure on the instep to widen the forefoot, but usually people notice the instep pressure first. Punching to widen the forefoot is a bootfitter's bread and butter, so almost anyone who's practiced the craft for a year or two should be able to help you. Pressure around the Achilles in an unmolded boot is not normally something to worry about - if it still bothers you after the boot and liner are heat molded, a bootfitter should be able to compress the foam around the Achilles to fix it (but if it becomes sloppy and your heel starts slipping later it can't be brought back). Can't help you on the Ultra XTD being hard to put on/take off, the small cuff diameter (which also makes them ski well for most people) is the culprit. Just make sure the boots are warm when you do it and make it quick. Alpine Boot Horn (search in Amazon) can help a lot. When I say your arch has a forward position, it just means the apex of the curve is further ahead than an average person - no big deal if you are using a custom footbed, but it might make it hard to match up with a trim-to-fit one (usually involves getting a size too big and cutting off the extra from the toe).
    Big thanks!

I have a buddy who's a beginner and looking to get some gear from a swap, so I figured we can use the scan to get pointed towards the right-ish boots. Think you guys can help me out? Here's his feet, what kinda boots should we be looking for? Assuming something 25.5 with a pretty narrow last?
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  61.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    I have a buddy who's a beginner and looking to get some gear from a swap, so I figured we can use the scan to get pointed towards the right-ish boots. Think you guys can help me out? Here's his feet, what kinda boots should we be looking for? Assuming something 25.5 with a pretty narrow last?
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  61.5 KB
    25.5 if he's got a background in hockey, ballet, or rock climbing (or you convince him it's what good skiers do) otherwise 26.5 for a beginner. As narrow as he can find, i.e. 98mm or so. Around 90-100 flex index if average weight. Good luck finding narrow-lasted boots at a swap. Can't see his instep numbers or profile in this view, so no brand suggestions based on instep height.

Some people have had problems sharing their data with the previous QR code - if this happens, please try this one:

Name:  verifytQR.JPG
Views: 543
Size:  41.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Cool app!
    My current Kryptons (29.5) are getting tiered and I'll be getting new boots in the coming weeks. Not sure if I should stay in kryptons or move to something else, the cuff always fit weird for me but wasn't a huge problem. Would be cool to have pins with an alpine sole so that I can look into cast. k

Where should I be looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    My current Kryptons (29.5) are getting tiered and I'll be getting new boots in the coming weeks. Not sure if I should stay in kryptons or move to something else, the cuff always fit weird for me but wasn't a huge problem. Would be cool to have pins with an alpine sole so that I can look into cast. k

Where should I be looking?
    If you like the way the Kryptons ski, I see no reason to switch. What do you mean by a "weird" cuff fit? Too loose?

PS The new Krypton 130 ID has tech fittings in the toe (not in the heel) - perfect for a CAST setup. It comes with a GripWalk sole for 2022 (as does every boot with a walk mode) but you can switch to Alpine ISO 5355 is you want (CAST offers a GripWalk AFD for their system).

Not sure why I can't get past this point on the app. Maybe an Android issue? Currently is K2 Pinnacle 130s for resort in 26.5. was fit for these at Evo and have overall done well. Ive been having more issues with the L foot and always have to unbuckle on the lift. I tend to get some heel numbness bilateral.

For BC and some resort use I also have a Kore 1 in 26.5. Those are pretty comfortable bit I feel sloppy in them and don't like the way they ski especially in the resort.

This year looking to replace these both with a 70/30 resort/bc boot. Thinking Lange XT3 LV, K2 Mindbender or Cochise 130. Thoughts on these brands based on measures?

Name:	Screenshot_20211017-142000.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	389339

Is there a chart or formula somewhere with how foot width can be compared to last size? Is that even an apt comparison to make?

Name:	IMG_1981.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	389340