Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Have been having an ongoing conversation with your friend via email and we've picked some boots to work with when he is next in Seattle, thanks for being the go-between!
    Absolutely fantastic thanks. Above and beyond.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210225-000650.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	237.2 KB 
ID:	364759

Does anyone have wider feet?
    27.5 tecnica cochise
    29 scarpa maestrale 2.0
    Love tecnicas, dislike scarpas. Even with heel pads the boot still has some heel lift.

Quote Originally Posted by pac0 View Post
    Does anyone have wider feet?
    In terms of sheer width, no (at least in my collection of scans).

However, feet (and boot lasts) are scaled proportionately, so your 29.0 foot would be 114 mm wide in a 26.5, the reference size for most companies. Then I'd have you beat with my 117 mm right foot.

PS Would you mind also posting left and right side view scans of your feet? Thanks!

Name:	Screenshot_20210225-215628.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	364896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210225-215616.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	364900

Is there some sort of fetish for wide, fat, ugly feet?

Quote Originally Posted by pac0 View Post
    Is there some sort of fetish for wide, fat, ugly feet?
    Does not seem to be a thing around Montebelluna, Italy.

THanks, GregL.

You've helped me pick some AT boots in the past.

At the time of this scan, the only boot I've been wearing is a 2012 Lange RX130 25.0 with an Inuition Powerwrap Liner size 7.0

It's a performance fit

Other boots I have

Dynafit Mercury 26.0 with stock liner

Dynafit TLT6 Performance 26.0 with stock liner

Name:	Screen shot from Right.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	365128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot from Left.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	365129
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    THanks, GregL.

You've helped me pick some AT boots in the past.

At the time of this scan, the only boot I've been wearing is a 2012 Lange RX130 25.0 with an Inuition Powerwrap Liner size 7.0

It's a performance fit

Other boots I have

Dynafit Mercury 26.0 with stock liner

Dynafit TLT6 Performance 26.0 with stock liner
    Thanks, hoarhey. Could you post a front view screenshot as well? (my trial Verifyt business account has expired, so I can't download files with user's permission at the moment)

^^^ still having issues with getting app to run on my phone.
    i've tried deleting the app and re-installing, but it just loads the same screen with the two circies in the middle of the screen.

Trouble seemed to be caused by a botched attempt to cancel scan of my wife's feet.

Did a lil experiment, got different values for before -

Name:	before.PNG 
Views:	60 
Size:	542.4 KB 
ID:	365468
    And after

Name:	after.PNG 
Views:	60 
Size:	561.4 KB 
ID:	365469
    a ski day.

Sounds like going to Evo is the move for Seattle? Unless there are any other suggestions?

^^^ still having issues with getting app to run on my phone.
    i've tried deleting the app and re-installing, but it just loads the same screen with the two circies in the middle of the screen.

Trouble seemed to be caused by a botched attempt to cancel scan of my wife's feet.
    Sorry, hoarhey, I don't have any suggestions at the moment. The one time it locked up on me I was able to delete the app and reinstall it and it worked . . . what phone?

Quote Originally Posted by the_prof View Post
    Did a lil experiment, got different values for before - And after a ski day. Sounds like going to Evo is the move for Seattle?
    Interesting but not surprising - most feet swell a bit during the day. evo is certainly one option, depending on what you are looking for; there are lots of good bootfitters and shops in the PNW.

Older phone iphone 7
    may try with my wife's phone

thanks!

Older phone iphone 7
    Multiple people have documented problems running the app on iPhone 7 . . .

Works today

Name:	Image1614730003.182976.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	365607

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Funny but it’s my left foot which has the most pressure on front of second toe, not the slightly longer right foot

Funny but it’s my left foot which has the most pressure on front of second toe, not the slightly longer right foot.
    Could be due to forefoot shape (pointy toe vs. rounder shape which distributes pressure over all the toes), or slight heel spur or injury which pushes the shorter foot forward . . .

I have sprained the left ankle a lot, towards the outside

No heel spur issues on the left foot

Another pair of short/skinny women's feet for you - is 85.9mm the record for skinniest foot?

Name:	Screenshot_20210302-191058.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	275.9 KB 
ID:	365647

Name:	Screenshot_20210302-193743.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	365648

Name:	Screenshot_20210302-193751.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	365649
    I have tibial torsion, so I'm pretty severely duck-footed. One boot fitter as also mentioned that my feet are hypermobile, but I'm not sure what that means as far as ski boots.

Currently wearing:
    22.5 Fischer Trinity 110 - the foot doesn't move so goodbye foot cramps and hello control over the ski. But totally fucks up my circulation so even on warm days I have to get the boots off after a couple of runs to regain feeling in my toes. Cold days are a no-go. And there's too much forward lean, so even standing in liftlines tires out my quads - from what I've read this is an issue with pretty much every woman with small feet trying to wear this boot.
    23.5 Tecnica 0G Scout - great on the uphills and my feet stay warm, but there's a bit too much slop in the forefoot for the downhills. I'm planning to put new liners in next season to address this, but realistically they're a little too wide.

I apparently have the sort of feet where the shop will tell me to leave because they won't be able to make anything fit me. The boot fitter who put me in the Trinity's offered a semi-plug race boot as the alternative to a vacuum fit, but I don't think I can ski something that stiff. I'm debating trying the Surefoot "fill it with foam" approach instead, but may need to wait until next season because places don't really have small boots left in stock (if they had them to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by paige. View Post
    Another pair of short/skinny women's feet for you - is 85.9mm the record for skinniest foot?
    I have tibial torsion, so I'm pretty severely duck-footed. One boot fitter as also mentioned that my feet are hypermobile, but I'm not sure what that means as far as ski boots.

Currently wearing:
    22.5 Fischer Trinity 110 - the foot doesn't move so goodbye foot cramps and hello control over the ski. But totally fucks up my circulation so even on warm days I have to get the boots off after a couple of runs to regain feeling in my toes. Cold days are a no-go. And there's too much forward lean, so even standing in liftlines tires out my quads - from what I've read this is an issue with pretty much every woman with small feet trying to wear this boot.
    23.5 Tecnica 0G Scout - great on the uphills and my feet stay warm, but there's a bit too much slop in the forefoot for the downhills. I'm planning to put new liners in next season to address this, but realistically they're a little too wide.

I apparently have the sort of feet where the shop will tell me to leave because they won't be able to make anything fit me. The boot fitter who put me in the Trinity's offered a semi-plug race boot as the alternative to a vacuum fit, but I don't think I can ski something that stiff. I'm debating trying the Surefoot "fill it with foam" approach instead, but may need to wait until next season because places don't really have small boots left in stock (if they had them to begin with).
    Yes, 85.9 is a new record for narrow feet.

A plug with a short cuff is the way to get a narrower last in an alpine boot - if you ski enough it might be worth having a bootfitter soften it up (not that difficult, but somewhat time consuming).

Not sure getting a thicker liner is the answer for the Zero G's - you might try a 22.5 in the Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD . . .

I have a high instep and my right foot is usually harder to fit than my left one. I use some Dalbello Panterra 26.5mp (100 last) and a punch on the right foot instep. I tried the 25.5 and a dozen of other models and the Panterra were the better fit out of the box. I also have a poor ankle flexion (lots of sprains) and bought these when I switch from snowboard. They have a 90 flex (I was not able to flex the 110 but I think it's because of my poor flexibility). I am open to any suggestion for the future.

Name:  IMG_0093.jpeg
Views: 658
Size:  79.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    I have a high instep and my right foot is usually harder to fit than my left one. I use some Dalbello Panterra 26.5mp (100 last) and a punch on the right foot instep. I tried the 25.5 and a dozen of other models and the Panterra were the better fit out of the box. I also have a poor ankle flexion (lots of sprains) and bought these when I switch from snowboard. They have a 90 flex (I was not able to flex the 110 but I think it's because of my poor flexibility). I am open to any suggestion for the future.
    The instep height on the Panterra may work, but the boot has way more volume than you need elsewhere - you could probably make a 98mm Dalbello, 99mm Full Tilt, 98mm Atomic Hawx Ultra or 98mm Tecnica LV work with some help from a bootfitter. Options to increase instep height include heat/pressure, cutting elastic and vinyl from the top of the liner, grinding footbeds thinner, and grinding bootboards thinner.

Many bootfitters put skiers with limited dorsiflexion in stiffer boots to limit strain on the joint and insure pressure can be put on the tongue of the boot, but you have to be careful to get the forward lean and ramp just right.

Interesting app, appears to make sense, left is harder to fit than right.
    Current boots -

Doberman pro edt 130 26.5 with zipfit, more cork in right, very little cork around heel. ~3mm off bootboards for instep

Lupo Ax 120 26.5 with alpine wrap

Previous -

krypton 130 26.5, pulled out a bunch of cork from the zipfits when moved to the Doberman

Nordica speed machine 130 27.5 with Powerwrap

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Here's mine. It didn't quite capture the oddness of my feet so adding a photo as well; widest part is in the midfoot.

This sizing suggests my size may be wrong - current boots are K2 Mindbender 100 29.5 men's. (No, I'm not touring, that's just what they gave me - was a novice when I bought them, took bootfitter's suggestion). And they aren't working well at all (pain on the outside of both feet, plus sole sometimes) despite 5+ bootfitter visits. Very open to ideas/suggestions!

Name:	IMG_0770.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	365960

Name:	IMG_0771.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	365961

I just did the scan, what else should I do?

Name:	Screenshot_20210305-113642.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	365968
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What else should I do?
    Take a Lap
    crab in my shoe mouth